I have a question about research papers.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prince_211

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm applying for Dermatology residency soon and i have a few papers published related to Dermatology. My question is, i've also got papers published in other specialties:

1 is in the teaching of ethics in medical school (Family medicine) and other one is related to Neurology (Multiple sclerosis)..

Should i include these 2 published research papers in my cv when applying for Dermatology or not? I've worked hard for them and it'll be a waste if i don't, but at the same time i don't want to look like someone who doesn't know what they want. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, 100% include them.

Reactions: 2 users
You should include all your published papers in your CV at this stage. For competitive specialties, you will want to also have publications in that specialty but that doesn't mean that you remove other papers you've published. Papers show that you have academic interests and can carry a project through to completion. It also gives you something else to talk about - just make sure you always know your research inside and out.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone.

I'm applying for Dermatology residency soon and i have a few papers published related to Dermatology. My question is, i've also got papers published in other specialties:

1 is in the teaching of ethics in medical school (Family medicine) and other one is related to Neurology (Multiple sclerosis)..

Should i include these 2 published research papers in my cv when applying for Dermatology or not? I've worked hard for them and it'll be a waste if i don't, but at the same time i don't want to look like someone who doesn't know what they want. What do you guys think?
Yes list everything.