Papers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moreta1623

Reaction score
I am deeply interested in publishing some papers for my CV. Any tips? What kinds of studies are easier to do? What kind of methodology? Any journals that area easier to submit? (i am saying this since i am a newbie and i wanna experiment, so i wanna pick an easier topic of research and method so i can work better). I heard Harvard Journal for students is easy to submit to, also International Journal for Med Students. I am a non US-IMG btw, i just wanna get some experience.

Members don't see this ad.

This is such a broad question that it's basically impossible to answer. Not to be rude, but you may find the search function being more helpful than any responses you get here.

Bottom line, you need a mentor to help you identify projects--trying to publish on your own as a medical student isn't a thing. Even simple studies like a case report or a retrospective chart review, you need a faculty member or at least a resident to identify something for you to work on. From there, they can help you pick an appropriate methodology, journal, etc.

Keep in mind, none of these are "easy" as a medical student who doesn't know what they're doing. And publishing in a med student journal is "fine," but it's well understood that those journals aren't publishing papers that are high quality--basically, we know you're submitting there because you're trying to inflate your CV with papers that wouldn't be accepted anywhere else.

Reactions: 1 user