i got in!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mabigtin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
this is a short note to thank anyone who helped me out with info for my interviews. I have since gotten into four schools(i am still waiting to hear from Ohio State), namely, Pacific Univ. , ICO and PCO. I did not go to my interview for New England college of optometry. Now i am face with choosing which school to go to. Does anyone have any advice? ..thanx...
mabigtin

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats, mabigtin !!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

My only advice would be to pick the school where you can see yourself being happy for the next four years. Where you fit in. You'll get a great education at any of those three schools.

Good luck in your decision. let us know what you decide. :D :cool: :)

Congrats,

Of course my vote is for ICO, but since you are from Ohio, I would say waiting for Ohio would be a good choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes..ahem...for some reason I believe I agree with rpames.
:clap:

Congratulations!!! :clap: :clap: :D

ICO fanatics notwithstanding ;) , as cpw said, you can't go wrong with any of the schools you were accepted to. Choose the one you got the best "feeling" about during your interview and tour -- academically, socially, and location-wise. Good luck with your decision! :D

Unless you are rich, pick the cheapest school possible. All of the schools have roughly the same curriculum because of the standardized national tests. Once you graduate, it's difficult to make it when you are $150,000 in debt. I hope you have some free money coming your way.

Congratulations!

hey mabigtin,

first of all, congrats on your acceptances....i hope to have that same good feeling =)

i wanted to ask you about pacific uni since i am thinking of applying there ..what did you think of the school? do you know the demographics? i'm a southern californian native so i am spoiled by the weather here but i'd like to know how the weather is up there in oregon, if u had the chance to visit the school. and one more question...i got the impression that students began seeing patients their first year, or something along the lines of beginning clinicals the first year, do you know if that is true?

i tried searching their website, but i don't see a curriculum posted anywhere. any info would help..thanks!

and again, congrats on your acceptances =)