I am pregnant!!:(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the point of all this arguing anyway. Its not like anyone here is going to change my support for womens rights no more than I will change someones warped perception that a clump of cells is a tiny person with feelings. What drives me off the wall is that the same people that think aborting a clump of cells with a "heartbeat" is murder are the same group of people that have no problem executing ******ed people in Texas.

hahaha this reminds of President Bush. He loves to start wars and kill people in Iraq, but he hates abortions....I just thinks thats funny b/c abortions are not murder, but the last time I check people getting shot at war is...:rolleyes: I don't get these people either.:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, have you taken intro to bio yet?

An egg or sperm is a cell. A cell, by definition, is a living thing. You just contradicted yourself.

yes i have taken intro bio, i got that argument from my ethics text book, i didnt mean life in it simplest form i meant life as in u and me and what happened to this not being about abortion anawayz

I'm going to chalk your post up to young and naive. It doesn't take much money to raise a child "well". It doesn't even take one or two parents because grandparents do it everyday. It takes love. If her parents are willing to help, then I think she will do fine.

Heck, I'll even throw a little science in for free. The embryonic heart starts beating 22 days after conception (that is when a sperm and egg join not when you are playing buddy whackit alone in your room). That is five weeks after the last period which is probably 1 week after a girl finds out she's pregnant. At that point, the fetus is not just a clump of cells. It's a clump of cells with a heartbeat.
I can't believe someone actually typed something like that outside of a disney movie.

ps- tell that to all the kids that had unlimited love and became drug addicts, criminals, and other negative elements of society.

pps on an edit- I think every T-cell in my body is gone now that I reread it.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
None of my options are stupid. They are options that people do everyday.

I agree. Being responsible means thinking in the best interest of the child. If you cannot provide for the child in terms of attention and finances, then you have no business raising it. The last thing this world needs is another child born into a one-parent family that thinks that its nanny is its mother/father. There is nothing wrong with adoption, I think it takes a courageous person to admit they would not be a good parent (at that particular time anyway).

Also, I'm not sure how you can call SHC1984's advice stupid when we are talking about a pregnancy which, let's be honest, was a mistake.

What we have here are some colleges kids who had unprotected sex, which is not something to laud. I'm not sure why some people are saying "great job" to the OP when really Jenny and her boyfriend should both be smacked over the head for their incompetence. These grown people are supposed to be educated and know better.

To Jenny2007: please consider all your options and do not let your pride get in the way. Think what would be best for your child.

wow this thread has gotten so out of hand! it seems to me (please don't attack me if i'm wrong) that the OP wanted advice on whether the course load would be manageable..probably from actual pharmacy students preferrably those with children..i dont recall anywhere there being any part of her post in which she asks for advice on whether she should keep the baby or not (thats a decision she needs to make on her own, and it seems like she has), so instead of continuing this ridiculous debate ( this is not the place for it ) why don't people give her some sound advice about the manageability of the course load..since thats what she was asking to begin with!

I agree. Being responsible means thinking in the best interest of the child. If you cannot provide for the child in terms of attention and finances, then you have no business raising it. The last thing this world needs is another child born into a one-parent family that thinks that its nanny is its mother/father. There is nothing wrong with adoption, I think it takes a courageous person to admit they would not be a good parent (at that particular time anyway).

Also, I'm not sure how you can call SHC1984's advice stupid when we are talking about a pregnancy which, let's be honest, was a mistake.

What we have here are some colleges kids who had unprotected sex, which is not something to laud. I'm not sure why some people are saying "great job" to the OP when really Jenny and her boyfriend should both be smacked over the head for their incompetence. These grown people are supposed to be educated and know better.

To Jenny2007: please consider all your options and do not let your pride get in the way. Think what would be best for your child.

B/c there are still a ton of super conservative religious people out there that base everything on religion while I base everything on logic/science. :laugh: I am not putting anyone down. Its just two different forms of thinking/base.

The child is unplanned. Being unplanned, it will be unwanted. We don't need more unwanted children added to society just because people who will never take care of this particular child are appalled at the idea of an abortion and the life mission they have is the topic of abortion and nothing else charges them more than abortion.

An unplanned child at the wrong time is unwanted, nothing more, nothing less. One can grow to appreciate it over time, but that's a disservice to the child, and it's also going to result in two people with unfulfilled lives. No one here is talking about women that privately say they ruined their lives and dream about the things they had planned for their lives, but were ruined due to getting pregnant and the massive depression and other issues they result in.

The child is unplanned. Being unplanned, it will be unwanted. We don't need more unwanted children added to society just because people who will never take care of this particular child are appalled at the idea of an abortion and the life mission they have is the topic of abortion and nothing else charges them more than abortion.

An unplanned child at the wrong time is unwanted, nothing more, nothing less. One can grow to appreciate it over time, but that's a disservice to the child, and it's also going to result in two people with unfulfilled lives. No one here is talking about women that privately say they ruined their lives and dream about the things they had planned for their lives, but were ruined due to getting pregnant and the massive depression and other issues they result in.

:thumbup:

Who are you to say that an unplanned pregnancy is an unwanted child. I myself had an unplanned pregnancy, but unwanted NEVER. How do you know who can and cannot afford children. Making 100,000 per year does not qualify anyone to be a parent. You think that monetary is the only need a child has your sadly mistaken. This thread has become a Roe vs Wade issue and needs to be closed ASAP. Everyone will always have an opinion about abortion, but this is not the forum for that discussion. Anyway the OP said that abortion was not an option, so why even mention it!

Who are you to say that an unplanned pregnancy is an unwanted child. I myself had an unplanned pregnancy, but unwanted NEVER. How do you know who can and cannot afford children. Making 100,000 per year does not qualify anyone to be a parent. You think that monetary is the only need a child has your sadly mistaken. This thread has become a Roe vs Wade issue and needs to be closed ASAP. Everyone will always have an opinion about abortion, but this is not the forum for that discussion. Anyway the OP said that abortion was not an option, so why even mention it!
I agree with everything here and of course, you can't imagine this and that, and of course, the OP is in your shoes, and all this and that. Outside of that, I agree with you about everything you said. This unwanted baby should be aborted.

I agree with everything here and of course, you can't imagine this and that, and of course, the OP is in your shoes, and all this and that. Outside of that, I agree with you about everything you said. This unwanted baby should be aborted.

I don't agree that this child should be aborted and where do keep getting this UNWANTED from, the OP never stated that the child was UNWANTED so can you please stop saying that! If a person is in a situation where the child is severely not wanted, then yes, I agree that abortion is an option, but the OP is willing to make the best of the situation, so good luck to you and your future son or daughter!

I don't agree that this child should be aborted and where do keep getting this UNWANTED from, the OP never stated that the child was UNWANTED so can you please stop saying that! If a person is in a situation where the child is severely not wanted, then yes, I agree that abortion is an option, but the OP is willing to make the best of the situation, so good luck to you and your future son or daughter!
"Making the best of the situation" says it all.

FWIW, I couldn't care less about the OP, and I don't follow a rigid ideology like many in this thread, one way or another. I simply don't believe the OP is in the right mindset to have a child, especially WHEN she will experience the wonderful world of a ruined body, unfulfilled dreams, being trapped as a young person that should be free looking for the world, depression, and a dependent and unwanted baby.

So yes, I agree with you. The baby is unwanted and the OP is an unwilling, soon to be mother, but she "will make the best out of it", and that is a good thing for the child. Compromise is what it's all about.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since jenny came asking us for advice and is freaking out, the child is clearly unwanted right now.

Several threads have gone off in the wrong direction like this, but they haven't been closed either, so i doubt this will.

Your point is valid but OP has stated she doesn't want an abortion!! Sometimes I life we are stuck with things we don't want, but we suck it up and we deal with it, that is what being an adult is all about. We all mess up (maybe not on this scale) but at least she is trying to do what she thinks is right. She is not the first person to have an unplanned child and frankly this may be harsh but I am willing to take everyone’s anger at it, but I personally have no pity for the women "who claim that having a child ruined their lives" because, they should have been using protection. But oh wait they did and it failed well this is why they should have kept their pants zipped because abstinence is the only form of birth control that is 100%. And no I am not a religious fanatic, but we cannot continue to give people free passes for making irresponsible choices. So yes blame a baby for ruining your life, an innocent child whose only crime was to be conceived, rather than the irresponsible man and woman who brought them to this world. (I am being sacarstic)

Since jenny came asking us for advice and is freaking out, the child is clearly unwanted right now.

Several threads have gone off in the wrong direction like this, but they haven't been closed either, so i doubt this will.
I think it's absolutely dead-on.

Oops, too soon?

If you go back to the first page and read what the OP said, she was asking for school advice not life advice there's a BIG difference. I don't think the OP needs help with abortion issues as she stated that "ABORTION WAS NOT AN OPTION!"

Your point is valid but OP has stated she doesn't want an abortion!! Sometimes I life we are stuck with things we don't want, but we suck it up and we deal with it, that is what being an adult is all about. We all mess up (maybe not on this scale) but at least she is trying to do what she thinks is right. She is not the first person to have an unplanned child and frankly this may be harsh but I am willing to take everyone's anger at it, but I personally have no pity for the women "who claim that having a child ruined their lives" because, they should have been using protection. But oh wait they did and it failed well this is why they should have kept their pants zipped because abstinence is the only form of birth control that is 100%. And no I am not a religious fanatic, but we cannot continue to give people free passes for making irresponsible choices. So yes blame a baby for ruining your life, an innocent child whose only crime was to be conceived, rather than the irresponsible man and woman who brought them to this world. (I am being sacarstic)
Being an adult also means making tough decisions that may be the right ones, and not based on the emotions or bible-thumpers telling you not to do something.

Being an adult also means not bringing something into the world that could potentially be a burden or a problem for the world to solve, at least to a greater probability than a child that has just about everything.

The unwanted child is going to ruin someone's life.

If you go back to the first page and read what the OP said, she was asking for school advice not life advice there's a BIG difference. I don't think the OP needs help with abortion issues as she stated that "ABORTION WAS NOT AN OPTION!"

Well, as far as I'm concerned, she could have it, and someone else will get her spot in whatever program she is. Short term benefits for society are good, whether she doesn't continue down the road, or just doesn't go now.

Long term impact to society remains to be seen. Magic 8 Ball says "Prognosis not so good".

I think it's absolutely dead-on.

Oops, too soon?

Not really. It must be days now when I first equated late stage abortion with sloppy joes, and nobody complained then.

I can't believe someone actually typed something like that outside of a disney movie.

ps- tell that to all the kids that had unlimited love and became drug addicts, criminals, and other negative elements of society.

pps on an edit- I think every T-cell in my body is gone now that I reread it.

You obviously don't have kids.
Oh and the kids that become drug addicts and criminals were usually abused in some sort of way or lacked supervision and guidance. Why don't you watch an episode of Intervention and tell me those people come from good homes.
I think every brain cell in my body is hibernating just talking to you so I'm going to quit now.

Raising a child to the age of 18 cost approx 100K to 200K on average. And that is NOT including college tuition. :eek: I don't know about you but thats a lot of money you better be saving up.

Well, $100K for 18 years is $15/day. I spend that on lattes.. and have two kids so I must be doing ok. Of course we live in a trailer and our kids have no shoes but it's Kentucky so that's normal.

Well, $100K for 18 years is $15/day. I spend that on lattes.. and have two kids so I must be doing ok. Of course we live in a trailer and our kids have no shoes but it's Kentucky so that's normal.

no shoes and trailers I can see, but they have lattes in Kentucky?!

Oh and the kids that become drug addicts and criminals were usually abused in some sort of way or lacked supervision and guidance.

Oh you mean like the single teenage mom thats about to raise a kid off of 10k a year of student loans and be a full time doctoral student on her spare time? riiiiight....

Oh and the kids that become drug addicts and criminals were usually abused in some sort of way or lacked supervision and guidance. Why don't you watch an episode of Intervention and tell me those people come from good homes.
I think every brain cell in my body is hibernating just talking to you so I'm going to quit now.
Do you live life through TV?

$18/day? You sound like Save the Children. Those with kids know there's a lot more to it than that. Also consider that she's essentially destitute, aside with a possibility of perhaps some help.

But people are just pointing out, it could be an option. It might not be a reality you want to hear or face, but that's what reality is. Just like those kids who post that they get straight Ds or are failing all their science classes and still want to go into pharmacy, it's called a reality check. They DON'T want to hear that possibility, but it is a possibility, and being that, perhaps one they should consider.

I'm not saying that the OP HAS to consider it, and I understand she has chosen not to consider it. But in case other people who are pregnant and looking for advice too, it's not inappropriate to post all the options available.

I don't have to have kids to see that raising one - or more - will require a lot of care, attention, time, and money. I see that from various things - common sense, for one. Watching my parents raise me and my younger brother is another. I don't see why you keep bringing this up as a valid point.

But people are just pointing out, it could be an option. It might not be a reality you want to hear or face, but that's what reality is. Just like those kids who post that they get straight Ds or are failing all their science classes and still want to go into pharmacy, it's called a reality check. They DON'T want to hear that possibility, but it is a possibility, and being that, perhaps one they should consider.

And yet, as the American ideal persists of "you can be ANYTHING you wanna be!", they try and try... Wasting a lot of peoples' time in the process, and once enough of these diploma mill Pharmacy schools open up that charge exorbitant amounts for PharmD conferral, they'll also be wasting a lot of money.

/tangent off.

wow this thread has gotten so out of hand! it seems to me (please don't attack me if i'm wrong) that the OP wanted advice on whether the course load would be manageable..probably from actual pharmacy students preferrably those with children..i dont recall anywhere there being any part of her post in which she asks for advice on whether she should keep the baby or not (thats a decision she needs to make on her own, and it seems like she has), so instead of continuing this ridiculous debate ( this is not the place for it ) why don't people give her some sound advice about the manageability of the course load..since thats what she was asking to begin with!

I totally agree.:thumbup:

I can't believe people are trying to convince her to have an abortion. I wonder if some people understand the potential damage that an abortion can have on a woman physically and psychologically. A woman is three times more likely to die from an abortion than giving birth. In my opinion, encouraging someone else to have an abortion is a thousand times worse than having an abortion. I'm pro-choice, but encouraging someone else to have the abortion is morally repugnant.

Omg Seriously!!
:thumbup:

Sometimes I life we are stuck with things we don't want, but we suck it up and we deal with it, that is what being an adult is all about.

I think that's a horrible way to describe being a parent. I would be horrified if my parents said we didn't want you, we were stuck with you and we sucked it up and dealt with you. (Thankfully I was adopted by parents who I knew loved and wanted me)

Though I do agree with the rest of your post about abstinence being the only form of birth control that is 100%. Personally I think that 2 forms of birth control should be used if you really do not want to get pregnant.

I'm going to ignore this whole debate and give you some advice. First, consider looking into a deferment. You will probably be able to attend school right up to your due date but you could be the one on bed rest for the last few weeks of the pregnancy. I was put on bed rest for two weeks before my due date and I think I had permission to get up to go to the bathroom and that was about it. If that happens, no way are you going to be able to attend school. It might be a little easier to attend school if the baby is already born.

Next, consider making friends with parents. Your non-parent friends aren't going to get it. If you have parents as friends, you will at least be around people who understand why you are so tired and maybe you can trade off baby sitting for a few hours to give each other some peace. At the very least, it will give you some emotional support from people who can relate.

Infants are a lot of work but they do sleep a lot. You will have to study during the naps and during feedings. Once your baby gets older, you can give him/her an early bedtime and have your evenings to study but that means the child is going to wake up early. You are going to be pretty tired for the first few months unless you are one of the lucky ones who has a baby who sleeps through the night right away. I didn't get a full night sleep for the first eight months. I was pretty cranky then but it does get easier as your baby gets older.

You have a tough road ahead but parents do what they have to do. It is not always ideal but people find a way. You will too. Good luck.

I totally agree.:thumbup:

I can't believe people are trying to convince her to have an abortion. I wonder if some people understand the potential damage that an abortion can have on a woman physically and psychologically. A woman is three times more likely to die from an abortion than giving birth. In my opinion, encouraging someone else to have an abortion is a thousand times worse than having an abortion. I'm pro-choice, but encouraging someone else to have the abortion is morally repugnant.

Umm... think you got your stats wrong there. Getting a safe, legal abortion is actually 9 times safer than carrying the fetus to term.

Quoted from: http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_fact1.htm

An abortion is a pretty safe medical procedure, which is why it can be done outpatient in most cases. Pregnancy is more risky to a woman, especially without medical assistance, which is why women often give birth in hospitals. That's also why maternal death rates are still so high in developing countries.

Umm... think you got your stats wrong there. Getting a safe, legal abortion is actually 9 times safer than carrying the fetus to term.

An abortion is a pretty safe medical procedure, which is why it can be done outpatient in most cases. Pregnancy is more risky to a woman, especially without medical assistance, which is why women often give birth in hospitals. That's also why maternal death rates are still so high in developing countries.

How dare you bring empirical facts into this knee-jerk, emotional conversation?

Ok, this thread is absolutely no help to the OP. She clearly came here looking for help, specifying that abortion is not an option. It is not up to us to decide why she should/should not have an abortion, or other contraceptives she should have used. The fact of the matter is she IS pregnant, she IS keeping the baby, and we should be here to help.

I don't have children yet, so I can only imagine how difficult it would be to give birth while you are in pharmacy school. It will be hard, but getting into pharmacy school is also hard and you've accomplished that! It's good that you're in a 3-year program, you will have more time to spend with your child once you are done. I think that as long as you have a good support system, hopefully your family is close by, you will be ok.

Best of luck to you! And please can we discontinue the abortion debates here? I don't think this is the place for it.

And yet, as the American ideal persists of "you can be ANYTHING you wanna be!", they try and try... Wasting a lot of peoples' time in the process, and once enough of these diploma mill Pharmacy schools open up that charge exorbitant amounts for PharmD conferral, they'll also be wasting a lot of money.

/tangent off.

What was your position in the military? Or whatever you were in. :cool:

Not to mention the lack of attention and care. A baby needs parents that are married, finaincially stable, etc.

Heterosexually married.

::::waits for thread to turn into a gay marriage debate:::::smuggrin:

Why are you comparing the death rates of abortion with medical assistance with childbirth without medical assistance? OBVIOUSLY without medical assistance, death rate is higher in either case.

You can't trust a statistic that combines the death rate of childbirth in a developing country with the death rate of abortion procedures done primarily in affluent countries. I guess if you google "abortion childbirth safer" you get various websites with different views using skewed statistics. Depending on how you use your data, either abortion is 9-10 times safer or 3-4 times more dangerous than childbirth. It is immensely financially beneficial for society to have women choose abortion than to have babies. Frankly, I would trust the statistics that has no vested interest in the outcome of the choice a pregnant woman makes.

Why are you comparing the death rates of abortion with medical assistance with childbirth without medical assistance? OBVIOUSLY without medical assistance, death rate is higher in either case.

You can't trust a statistic that combines the death rate of childbirth in a developing country with the death rate of abortion procedures done primarily in affluent countries. I guess if you google "abortion childbirth safer" you get various websites with different views using skewed statistics. Depending on how you use your data, either abortion is 9-10 times safer or 3-4 times more dangerous than childbirth. It is immensely financially beneficial for society to have women choose abortion than to have babies. Frankly, I would trust the statistics that has no vested interest in the outcome of the choice a pregnant woman makes.

Umm... you misread what I wrote. The statistics I quoted were for safe, legal abortions compared to safe, medically-assisted childbirth. When medical care is involved, an abortion is safer than giving birth to a child. From that same web page, having an early abortion (less than 9 weeks gestation) is actually 33 times safer than carrying the baby to term. In other words, carrying that baby to term gives the woman a 33 fold increased risk of death.

I've heard this before from many sources, including ob-gyns, but I'm quoting exact numbers I found on the web page above.

And why do you think it is financially beneficial for women to have an abortion versus having the baby?? An abortion is cheaper than giving birth. When you have a child, you will buy things for that kid and spend lots of money. And that child will eventually become an adult and support the prior generation.

For being pro-choice, you have some odd ideas about the benefits and risks of childbirth.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/articles/family/kids/tlkidscost.asp

Its actually more then 100,000, but the point is thats BEFORE college tuition or/and private secondary school tuition. After you add that in it can cost easily 300,000 or more.

The point is you need to have SAVINGS before having a child or not have one at all.

Being an adult also means making tough decisions that may be the right ones, and not based on the emotions or bible-thumpers telling you not to do something.

Being an adult also means not bringing something into the world that could potentially be a burden or a problem for the world to solve, at least to a greater probability than a child that has just about everything.

The unwanted child is going to ruin someone's life.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, she could have it, and someone else will get her spot in whatever program she is. Short term benefits for society are good, whether she doesn't continue down the road, or just doesn't go now.

Long term impact to society remains to be seen. Magic 8 Ball says "Prognosis not so good".

I agree the prison is over crowded enough. Do not add to it please. :laugh:

Heterosexually married.

::::waits for thread to turn into a gay marriage debate:::::smuggrin:

I don't have a problem with gay people or gay marriages. In fact my hairdresser is gay and he is the only person I will let touch my hair. LOL... But I am not sure if I think its okay for gay people to raise children...I don't know enough about gay people raising children to comment on that issue.

The point IS its only fair to the child (and the child will turn out better) if he/she was raised by two supporting parents that are finainicallly stable, educated etc. Just read a sociology book for goodness sakes...it tells you everything.

I don't have a problem with gay people or gay marriages. In fact my hairdresser is gay and he is the only person I will let touch my hair. LOL... But I am not sure if I think its okay for gay people to raise children...I don't know enough about gay people raising children to comment on that issue.

The point IS its only fair to the child (and the child will turn out better) if he/she was raised by two supporting parents that are finainicallly stable, educated etc. Just read a sociology book for goodness sakes...it tells you everything.

Yeah I'm just instigating, whether you're a sword fighter, garage parker, or into carpet friction, I really don't care.

Gay people are A-OK in my book :thumbup: They've done my hair, been my bosses/co-workers/etc... I think that, if you tone down the crazy ass gay people like perez hilton, people would be more accepting.

It's kind of like when John Denver went to bat against censorship up in Congress vs. Ozzie Osbourne, but I think you're all too young to know wtf I'm talking about.

Yeah I'm just instigating, whether you're a sword fighter, garage parker, or into carpet friction, I really don't care.

Gay people are A-OK in my book :thumbup: They've done my hair, been my bosses/co-workers/etc... I think that, if you tone down the crazy ass gay people like perez hilton, people would be more accepting.

It's kind of like when John Denver went to bat against censorship up in Congress vs. Ozzie Osbourne, but I think you're all too young to know wtf I'm talking about.

Were you born in the '60s?

Man, I'm gone for half a day and the abortion hating turns into gay-bashing?!

God forbid two law abiding, loving, financially stable, responsible, tax-paying homos want to raise a child... but Brittney Spears and Octo-mom want to pop out a few half dozen and they get their own TV show? Give me a break.

Why is it that in America any idiot is allowed to have a baby, but you can't even adopt a cat from the Humane Society without going through days of paper work and interviews to make sure you are a competent pet owner.

If you abort, that baby would haunt you. Nightmares, and scary images. He is going to come back to get you.

Status
Not open for further replies.