hSDN Class of 2014

REVIVING THE DEATH OF THIS AMAZING THREAD. You guys on summer vacation yet?????

Just out of curiosity, have you guys ever gotten that feeling that you should be doing something to better yourself but then again its summer and there is nothing to do? Like I want to study but there is nothing I can study. Idk. Until my research internship doesn't start, I feel like a bum.

Members don't see this ad.

REVIVING THE DEATH OF THIS AMAZING THREAD. You guys on summer vacation yet?????

Just out of curiosity, have you guys ever gotten that feeling that you should be doing something to better yourself but then again its summer and there is nothing to do? Like I want to study but there is nothing I can study. Idk. Until my research internship doesn't start, I feel like a bum.

So jealous, I got rejected from two research internships, but I'd rather intern at an animal hospital anyway :p My summer doesn't start until June 13th unfortunately.

I want to go back to school and do senior year! I am getting kind of bored and the more I just sit around, I feel like I should be doing productive stuff! LOL. My summer has consisted of waking up at 10, watching youtube videos all day, and waiting for my research madness to start! HR takes forever -____-

What are your plans for this summer? Anything academic? Like studying? Planning on any SAT studying?

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to go back to school and do senior year! I am getting kind of bored and the more I just sit around, I feel like I should be doing productive stuff! LOL. My summer has consisted of waking up at 10, watching youtube videos all day, and waiting for my research madness to start! HR takes forever -____-

What are your plans for this summer? Anything academic? Like studying? Planning on any SAT studying?

Hit the gym, learn spanish, get a job, learn guitar, draw, invent something, build something, research colleges, join a club, do something! Why waste a summer?

Dude I want to hit the gym but our school only lets fball players during summer to use the gym. And LA fitness is to dang expensive, I do take the dog on long walk!

Thanks for the motivation, I'll probably start my SAT studying a little earlier. Or research more things about my research I will be doing.

Dude I want to hit the gym but our school only lets fball players during summer to use the gym. And LA fitness is to dang expensive, I do take the dog on long walk!

Thanks for the motivation, I'll probably start my SAT studying a little earlier. Or research more things about my research I will be doing.

No YMCA? or friend with a bench and free weights?

No YMCA, and I have some dumbells that I use but they are too small now. And I have friends that have membership to LA fitness that I used to go with but they have summer football weights and aren't down to workout twice a day. Tough life.

Try Insanity or something

I think it's online somewhere and it's pretty intense

No YMCA, and I have some dumbells that I use but they are too small now. And I have friends that have membership to LA fitness that I used to go with but they have summer football weights and aren't down to workout twice a day. Tough life.

No excuses

^ I tried that like 5 months ago, did the first couple and I was too sore to continue. I just want to bench and squat :(((((

Yes sir, I will probably start working out with them again.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried working out ----- stopped two weeks in.......:shrug: oops
You should start back up! I'm assuming we won't have that much time with college and stuff so it's best to get big during high school!!!!

I'm currently working my a** off at my job and studying hard for my Dual Enrollment classes while trying to squeeze in a social life and gym membeship that's being wasted.

Unfortunately I can't do anything medically related, as I was rejected from all research opportunites, Volunteer work @ Hospitals, etc. :(

Sounds like you all are doing good! I want to control my lights from my PC!!!!! I can already control all my tv's with my S4. It's sick.

Anyways, you all should check out VITALYZDTV on youtube. Best prankster known to man kind.

Sounds like you all are doing good! I want to control my lights from my PC!!!!! I can already control all my tv's with my S4. It's sick.

Anyways, you all should check out VITALYZDTV on youtube. Best prankster known to man kind.

Here's my rudimentary plan.

Combine This

With This

and This

with a couple scripts and other software.

(Theorhetically) If I want to turn the lights on, raise my hand, or say lights. Wanna dim the lights? move hand halfway down.
Want to turn up music? Same thing, but hold my pinky back. Want to mute it? Say mute. Set an Alarm, go to a webpage, turn on the tv? scripts that run when I perform certain hand motions, or say certain words

Irrelevant. There is always time to work out. However, if you can find away to combine that, dragon voice software, and the leapmotion with my electronics and lights, let me know.

hmm.

You just gave me an idea.

I think I like you 100% more now. :love:

P.S.- I preordered leapmotion about a month ago. Trying to see if I can use that tech so I can remote control things (in a controlled environment using magnets) that will look similar to telekinesis.

I honestly have no care to use the device, I just want to utilize its tech LOL.

Last edited:
hmm.

You just gave me an idea.

I think I like you 100% more now. :love:

P.S.- I preordered leapmotion about a month ago. Trying to see if I can use that tech so I can remote control things (in a controlled environment) that will look similar to telekinesis.
Pic or it didn't happen. lol

When I had my iPhone, I was able to control my lights with it. Though it required my family to upgrade our circuitry in our house. But it was worth it when you left the lights on at night and didn't want to get up to turn it off :thumbup:

On another note, I'm currently working with a bunch of college kids to develop an app/piece of hardware that can function with a cable/satellite box through Bluetooth. This would mean being able to watch TV through the phone, change the channel, access recorded shows, and do many things from your phone.Thanks to a few cable/satellite companies providing us with developer kits, we've managed to progress quite a bit.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to work much on the project because of my busy schedule, but if we managed to get this up and running and marketed it to one of our list of companies, we could get paid up to $250k for it (of coure we'd have to divide it up between the team members, but it'd be worth it :D)

I'll only have a lamp in my room, so lights won't be a problem. the x10 transceiver will allow me to control that from my computer. The hard part will be making all the different software work together.

When I had my iPhone, I was able to control my lights with it. Though it required my family to upgrade our circuitry in our house. But it was worth it when you left the lights on at night and didn't want to get up to turn it off :thumbup:

On another note, I'm currently working with a bunch of college kids to develop an app/piece of hardware that can function with a cable/satellite box through Bluetooth. This would mean being able to watch TV through the phone, change the channel, access recorded shows, and do many things from your phone.Thanks to a few cable/satellite companies providing us with developer kits, we've managed to progress quite a bit.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to work much on the project because of my busy schedule, but if we managed to get this up and running and marketed it to one of our list of companies, we could get paid up to $250k for it (of coure we'd have to divide it up between the team members, but it'd be worth it :D)
Dude that is pretty cool. So it would be like a bluetooth module that attaches to the cable/receiver box? I don't understand how you would be able to watch programming on the phone unless it is a app created by like dish network or the cable/satellite provider? As far as changing channels, accessing dvr and basic remote controls for the tv/box, it can be done by newer phones that have an IR Blaster. But the project you are onto sounds pretty darn cool!

Keep us updated on how it does! And if you ever finish it, you should let me be a beta tester (;

Dude that is pretty cool. So it would be like a bluetooth module that attaches to the cable/receiver box? I don't understand how you would be able to watch programming on the phone unless it is a app created by like dish network or the cable/satellite provider? As far as changing channels, accessing dvr and basic remote controls for the tv/box, it can be done by newer phones that have an IR Blaster. But the project you are onto sounds pretty darn cool!

Keep us updated on how it does! And if you ever finish it, you should let me be a beta tester (;

They provided us with quite an extravagant developer kit. It gives us nearly complete building control.

For the TV Viewing: The app will be able to access the box thanks to software the companies are already developing. With the app we are developing, it would simply use that software which would enable streaming to the phone/device.

For changing Channels: The boxes they gave us will be bluetooth enabled. the app we're developing will contain a build of a remote that will function as a normal remote through bluetooth connectivity.

Our current estimates of profit could be somwhere in the 200k+, and after dividing that between the 15 members on our team, could return a sweet profit for everyone individually!

They're (The company we market it to) going to do a small beta test nearing our final stage of developing. So you never know. :D Just stay on my good side ;) :laugh:

Last edited:
Care to share with the rest of the class?

If you put different infrared signals on different objects, one can control certain things wirelessly with your hands so it measures certain hand movements, such as what someone would see in Iron Man 3 (when he controls these complex computers with hand and gesture movement)

I have a holographic laser touchscreen where my dad works where you can move the screen and such from the desk to the glass with a projector that hangs from the ceiling to send the image of the hologram, and maybe if the projector can simultaneously read your hand motion, you can move the hologram screen anywhere in the room... And i'm sure if Tupac had a hologram, i'm sure that we can figure out a way to move 3D holograms around a controlled environment with hand gestures.

Problem is, I need a way to incorporate sensors in a way that doesn't impede with functionality and design, and is easy enough to take with you (if you need to take the hologram projector and the sensor to another room/office)

Dunno this defies any scientific laws, but laws were made to be broken :cool:

EDIT: I also had another idea from this but unfortunately, i'm going to try to patent that ;)

Last edited:
I believe the leap has a six foot range where it can detect things. I don't think it violates any scientific laws per say, but the software requirements to have the projector, the leap, and the infrared to interact seamlessly would be pretty intense.

Also, there have been videos of the leap where they manipulate 3d rendered objects on a 2d screen, so it's entirely possible to add that other dimension.

They provided us with quite an extravagant developer kit. It gives us nearly complete building control.

For the TV Viewing: The app will be able to access the box thanks to software the companies are already developing. With the app we are developing, it would simply use that software which would enable streaming to the phone/device.

For changing Channels: The boxes they gave us will be bluetooth enabled. the app we're developing will contain a build of a remote that will function as a normal remote through bluetooth connectivity.

Our current estimates of profit could be somwhere in the 200k+, and after dividing that between the 15 members on our team, could return a sweet profit for everyone individually!

They're (The company we market it to) going to do a small beta test nearing our final stage of developing. So you never know. :D Just stay on my good side ;) :laugh:
Wow man, that is incredible! Oh and I will definitely stay on your good side (; I love beta testing!

One question, does every box from different providers such as dish network ect come with bluetooth?

And will it be for android and apple or just one of them?

If you put different infrared signals on different objects, one can control certain things wirelessly with your hands so it measures certain hand movements, such as what someone would see in Iron Man 3 (when he controls these complex computers with hand and gesture movement)

I have a holographic laser touchscreen where my dad works where you can move the screen and such from the desk to the glass with a projector that hangs from the ceiling to send the image of the hologram, and maybe if the projector can simultaneously read your hand motion, you can move the hologram screen anywhere in the room... And i'm sure if Tupac had a hologram, i'm sure that we can figure out a way to move 3D holograms around a controlled environment with hand gestures.

Problem is, I need a way to incorporate sensors in a way that doesn't impede with functionality and design, and is easy enough to take with you (if you need to take the hologram projector and the sensor to another room/office)

Dunno this defies any scientific laws, but laws were made to be broken :cool:

EDIT: I also had another idea from this but unfortunately, i'm going to try to patent that ;)
All I know is, I want to be able to be one of the first people to test these things out (; I volunteer to be on the pre-release testing list! Hahah.

What would be cool is controlling my AR Drone (A remote control drone that is controled by an app on the computer instead of an actual control) using Leapmotion to control the app on the computer. I want to try that, time to pre-order a leapmotion!

Wow man, that is incredible! Oh and I will definitely stay on your good side (; I love beta testing!

One question, does every box from different providers such as dish network ect come with bluetooth?

And will it be for android and apple or just one of them?

I believe that each individual company is working on a bluetooth enabled box for the future, as the ones they provided us have bluetooth.

We are working on one for both, but Android is a lot easier to develop for because they have more relaxed T&C for the apps. Android is a developers best friend IMO.

I believe that each individual company is working on a bluetooth enabled box for the future, as the ones they provided us have bluetooth.

We are working on one for both, but Android is a lot easier to develop for because they have more relaxed T&C for the apps. Android is a developers best friend IMO.

True.

All I know is, I want to be able to be one of the first people to test these things out (; I volunteer to be on the pre-release testing list! Hahah.

LOL you definitely will be! Right behind Steve Cook ;)

I believe the leap has a six foot range where it can detect things. I don't think it violates any scientific laws per say, but the software requirements to have the projector, the leap, and the infrared to interact seamlessly would be pretty intense.

Yeah this project is pretty difficult and I am not sure that I can even do this... But I'm getting help from my father who has software and computer engineering experience which has so far made the planning stages seem a lot more realistic than it would've been otherwise.

and six feet is a pretty good range but I'm hoping to have a range a little longer than that.

If they work like plugging in two mice, you could potentially double that

If they work like plugging in two mice, you could potentially double that

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-08-07/why-apple-will-turn-to-holograms

"Finally, in perhaps its most unique trick, the Apple hologram system would detect who is watching, and be able to display different images to different people. The patent says “individual observers … can be uniquely identified based upon distinctive personal characteristics (e.g., height, shoulder width, distinctive outline, etc.),” allowing outbound beamed projections to be changed for each observer. This would enable everything from private holograms to personalized advertising. In business video calls, you could project yourself in a suit for the upper executives in the room and a more relaxed view of yourself in jeans for the younger tech hipsters."

>Life is ruined.

Good thing were not even close to that, and even then, it would be ridiculously expensive that the average person could not own one.

Good thing were not even close to that, and even then, it would be ridiculously expensive that the average person could not own one.

I vote for a tech startup to take this project on rather than Apple. They will just try to make money off it and put the better tech for private companies, high level executives and governments.

I vote for a tech startup to take this project on rather than Apple. They will just try to make money off it and put the better tech for private companies, high level executives and governments.
Who says money cannot buy happiness? Haha.

Who says money cannot buy happiness? Haha.

Apparently the magic household income that equates to happiness (and not overconsumption) is $80,000.

I think we'll all be pretty happy people.

You will find me on the golf course regardless of my salary, however. :thumbup:

:thumbup: I'll be trolling in the gym and basketball field regardless of mine. :love:

Meant to say court hahaha. Whoops, I'M TURNT GUYS. Cut me some slack!