HPSP or USUHS and previous ADHD medication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

Gelrunner

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might find this document helpful: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/613003p.pdf

You didn't mention what service but the MANMED for the Navy also mentions being off medication for at least 12 months.

If I were you I'd make sure you had all your transcripts available as well has your treatment records. I don't know exactly what DODMERB will need from you though.

lol trust me, having ADHD is NOT going to stop them from taking you or cause any issues. I didnt have to provide any supplemental info. During my physical they just asked what medication I was taking and how effectively my condition was being managed. And then every year I had to just get a doctors note saying my condition was stable. After 2 years of that I stopped having to fill anything out and just notify them if anything changed. Not a big deal. But if you believe you were misdiagnosed then just do what you were saying about getting a doctors note stating as such.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both for the responses.

Fhockey, that makes me feel a lot better. I was really worried that they would make a big deal about this. Anyways, yeah my previous physician agreed to write a letter stating that I shouldn't need medication. So hopefully I'll be in the clear. Thanks again.

So to anyone looking at this thread now, being on medications for ADHD or ANY behavioral health issue will cause problems, unless you stop 12 months before matriculation. Just got a call, since I take meds currently, not eligible to apply.