How to save some money and time when applying.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nowehjose

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
At my UG institution we are advised to pay +$100 on for a board letter, which is just them putting my letters of recommendations in a folder and then pay for them to send it to each individual school. This is a waste of time and money. Just submit your application and have the professors/doctors send them directly to the admissions office. If your board letter is free and doesn't take 3 months like my school then do that.

For interfolio you can find a coupon for free services if the institution requires that... I can't post them but you can google it.

Your welcome you cheap bastards like me. Also make sure you inform the schools you will have the professors directly email them and make sure it is ok. Temple, NYCPM and Kent it was fine.

Members don't see this ad.

Or if you don't trust people mailing things for you (like me)... ask your writers to seal their letter in an envelope, sign over the seal, and give it to you. That way you can physically mail your letters out yourself instead of hoping some busy professors will go to the mailbox for you

Or if you don't trust people mailing things for you (like me)... ask your writers to seal their letter in an envelope, sign over the seal, and give it to you. That way you can physically mail your letters out yourself instead of hoping some busy professors will go to the mailbox for you
I asked professors to email and physically mail if they could to avoid this. My school looked down on giving students the physical letter.

I asked professors to email and physically mail if they could to avoid this. My school looked down on giving students the physical letter.
depends on the school I guess. My school wasn't involved at all. It was strictly between me and the professors. I think it was even easier on them, saves them a trip too