Applying without MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoleScholar

Reaction score
Taking my MCAT in January.
cGPA is about a 3 and sciGPA is about a 3.5
Been scoring around 505 on FL diagnostics.
Should I wait to get my MCAT score in Feb before applying?

Members don't see this ad.

Get as high score as you can and apply DO at least. Or, I would get accelerated BSN if you have bachelor's already. Work for 1 year in ICU and go for CRNA. The pay and job is much better. CRNAs don't bring work home. Pay is significantly higher. Work hard now. Don't settle.

Reactions: 2 users
MCAT first everything else later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get as high score as you can and apply DO at least. Or, I would get accelerated BSN if you have bachelor's already. Work for 1 year in ICU and go for CRNA. The pay and job is much better. CRNAs don't bring work home. Pay is significantly higher. Work hard now. Don't settle.
I don't think I can get into DO school.

I don't think I can get into DO school.
You're making huge a mistake if you settle for podiatry as your only choice to being a called a 'doctor'. It's very easy to get into podiatry school, but 'staying in' is hard and, even if you succeed, it's a terrible ROI for most graduates starting out. You'd be better with DO or something else. I can't wait to see you in a few years with podiatry to see where your mind is at on the profession and the job outlook itself. Good luck.

I applied before I took the MCAT (almost 2 decades ago now). I got accepted to the school of my choice, and they gave me a deal saying as long as my score was at or above this number (forgot) I would be able to attend.

Not sure how things have changed since then.

Reactions: 1 users

Wait for the score, then apply, Feb is still early. You want to apply when you have every part of the app completed. Good luck!