How timing consuming?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TeethandGums

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm applying for dental school fall 09, (No dependents or significant others) and if things go smoothly, will finish dental school may 2013 and 25ys of age. still young and restless and will want to be able to have fun and hang out. Especially after having sacrificed four years bundled up in the books. How much commitment comes with the Navy-dentistry?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm applying for dental school fall 09, (No dependents or significant others) and if things go smoothly, will finish dental school may 2013 and 25ys of age. still young and restless and will want to be able to have fun and hang out. Especially after having sacrificed four years bundled up in the books. How much commitment comes with the Navy-dentistry?

As long as you are not deployed, it is a typical job, probably 40 hours or so. Of course you will be able to have a life. I plan on perfecting my golf game at the various bases.:D

Most of the military programs will require a minimum of 4 years if they pay for your dental school or give you loan repayment.

As mentioned below unless deployed it's a typical work day M-F.

if not deployed, or in a residency of some type, you should be able to have more free time than if you were in a civilian practice.....it just might be at a location you consider ideal....