Timing of DCC and AEGD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nmcoy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Incoming D1 here, I was informed last week that I was selected for the Army HPSP for dental school. Obviously, it's too late now to get everything squared away and attend DCC this summer...but my school also has summer semesters, so I don't see myself being able to attend DCC before graduating school. I know DCC must be completed before attending BOLC, and I've heard that you cannot complete both courses in the same year because the classes overlap. So what's going to happen to me? Am I kind of screwed and will this affect me being able to do a 1-year AEGD upon graduation? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am with Nmcoy I am also struggling to find this answer. Every old forum I read has different answers to your questions so I am curious about the current standards as well because I am also in the same boat in the fact that I won't be able to do DCC or BOLC until I graduate.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
From the now retired director of the HPSP:

"Anyone who signed their oath after that must attend the Direct Commission Course prior to attending BOLC. Because the two courses overlap, you will not be able to attend the abbreviated HPSP BOLC, and have to wait until August for BOLC with a graduation date in late November early December. It is in everyone's better interest to attend the DCC while in HPSP."

As for the AEGD, by the time you graduate, they will most likely have more answers as to how that will work. Because my year (2020) was the last to be grandfathered out of DCC, the first class that will need to have done both to roll through the AEGD will be August 2021.

There are other threads addressing this situation in the forum. Do a search and you should get the answer you seek.
People in this forum crack me up. Just give the kid his answer, my god.

Reactions: 1 user