How old are you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
40 when accepted, 45 at graduation

I'm 8 years older than my summer internship preceptor.

It's no big deal.

Thats hillarous

P1-28 next month

Members don't see this ad.

I'm at least a hundred years old. Well... my co-worker calls me an old lady, and I think of old ladies as being 100 years and older, so if she calls me an old lady, then I must be 100 years old. :p

Here's my life-expectancy calculator results:
Results If you continue maintaining healthy habits, you'll want to plan for a maximum life expectancy of 100 years or more.

Your "ideal" weight for maximum longevity is: 136 lbs.

The three biggest positive factors that you have going for you are:
1. Age
2. Gender
3. Diet

The one biggest negative factor that you have going for you is:
1. Family health

So... when I'm 100 years or older, I'll start thinking about being old, death, etc. :cool:

I'm 24. I'll graduate when I'm 26.

It says my ideal weight for max longevity is 140 lbs. That's ridiculous. At that weight, I'd look fatter and chubbier than all my friends.

Wow...pharmacy students are old. And I'm including myself when I say that, so don't hate me, people. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
It says my ideal weight for max longevity is 140 lbs. That's ridiculous. At that weight, I'd look fatter and chubbier than all my friends.

I tried this as well...says I am going to live to be 102. :) But yeah, also stated my ideal weight at 5 foot 2 with a small frame is 120. I'm actually 112 and trying to lose 10 lbs! lol

Oh, and I'm 31...still doing pre-reqs..so I am ancient.

I'm 26 already, and just started for Pre-Pharmacy. Expected to complete in 1014. I'll be 32 at that time...:mad:

i'll turn 28 tomorrow...hoping to get in next fall at the age of 29 (c:

Turning 32 in a week and starting p1 in 3 weeks.

I'm 20 right now, hopefully accepted at 21 to USN, and be a Pharmacist by 24

Thats hillarous

P1-28 next month

Eh, it's not really that funny.

:) Age becomes increasingly irrelevant in my interpersonal interactions with each passing year.

After high school I needed to get away and travel and find out what I wanted to do in life. I couldn't have done it any other way. I'll be 28 if I get in 2009.

Starting P1 at 23. My life expectancy was 80 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im 26 right now! But still sexxy . LOL. Still working on pre reqs. But its all good. I decided I wanted to party first, get married and see the world before getting back into school. Now I can go to school without any interruptions. :D Alot of people start trippin out when they turn 30 , but its really your mindset. I know people that are 25 and act like they need to retire and do nothing soon. On the other hand, I have 36 year old friends that are at club V20 in long beach every friday and go to vip clubs in holly wood , and party like its 1999. The funny thing is , the 36 year old ones look younger than the 25 year old ones. lol. Im just glad I dont have kids, plan not to have any also. lol.

Last edited:
im 20..I will graduate when im 24...then I plan to take 1-2 years break to travel around the world before i start working with my pharmD

My life expectancy quiz said I would be dead before I graduate from pharmacy school. haha j/k. It was 90. That means I'll have almost 50 years to pay off my student loans. :D

22 currently, but 23 when i enter fall 09', hopefully.

Apparently my life expectancy is 102, but I certainly hope I'm dead long before that!!!

I'll be 25 in November.
I've been working in biotech for 2 years since graduating with the bio degree & Im working on applying for Fall 09 (yeah, im gettin started with apps today! haha).

I definitely agree the "30 effect" is alive and present! I figured that as long as I finish school by 30, then I'd be happy. I admire the folks that got in after 2 years of college and even those that grad @ the age of 25. But, for me it took experience in the working world to realize that a profession in health care, especially a doc in pharm, is a lifetime investment for everything you care about and its worth the greuling years of study.

Well, I'm gonna shadow somebody next week so we'll see if what I said changes haha.

it seems like a lot of you are upset that you are graduating "late", as in your late 20s and 30s.what's the big rush to get in the real world? be happy ur blessed with brains and u got into pharm school!

I'm 25, I'll be 26 when I apply next year...and 27 when I enter the Fall 10'. No big deal, I have a solid 30+ years to work hard and plan for a fun/relaxing retirement.

I've been an assistant manager for walgreens for 3 years now, and have a decent little 401k/profit sharing fund already set up. It will come in handy if I decide to continue to work for them as a Pharmacist.

In the end, age is just a state of mind.:cool:

I will be 18 when I start pharm school this year........most canadian schools only require 1 year of pre-pharm since we only have a bachelors in pharmacy. After 4 years of bachelors of pharmacy I can become a pharmacist or apply for the pharmD program and spend two more years in school.

23 in about a month... I too felt old while I was applying, but it's mostly because I waited to finished my Bachelor's before entering pharmacy school.

I just turned 29 and am getting ready to just start school. So I will be 35 - 36 when I'm done.

Im 19.5 and will be 20 when I apply/HOPEFULLY ADMITTED.

Last edited:
24 years old staring P1 year this fall.

I've already had 2 white hairs from the whole applying to pharmacy school shabang. Probably many more white hairs will come in 4 years when it's time for NAPLEX. Haha.

WOW! You guys are making me feel like a grandpa LOL I'm 31 and going back to school with only 18 credits. YIKES! :scared:

By the grace of GOD, if I get in this year, I will be 32 years young when I start so don't feel bad at all LOL!

I'm 31, will be 36 when I get my pharmD if I get in next year! No big deal, I still get carded for drinks everywhere I go! :D

25 now
26 when/if I start

:thumbup:

If you would have told me when I was 18 that I would be in school until I was 31 I would have :laugh: in your face. :hardy:

Same here!!! I'm 22 now, hopefully I will get in by the time I am 23.... graduate when I am 27... I feel young now but thinking about being 27 when I graduate sounds so depressing and wasn't apart of the plan when I first entered college :(

I am 26. Hopefully I will be 27 when I begin and 31 when I graduate.

People are old. I'm starting pharmacy school this year at 20.

My ideal weight is 158 from that test thing? Screw that. I'm 170 now and wanna lose like 3-4 pounds to fit into my size 32 jeans comfortably but then I wanna put on at least 15 (with as little fat as possible hopefully). Was 140 at this time last year with only 1.5 inch waist difference, and there's no way I'm going back to that.

I'm 20....I'm just a kid and already making one of the biggest decisions of my life....ahhhh! Nervious breakdown...lol :laugh:

Being 31 and just starting Pre-Pharmacy pre-reqs makes me look old on paper, but then I look back on the 8 years of work/life skills experience I have, and all of the things I have learned along the way...earning a Bachelors degree 9 years ago, moving to different states, traveling, making new friends and the relationships I have been in...I feel more enriched and ready to start this next chapter in life than I would have been had I made this decision 10 years ago. ;)

for those that are non traditional, do you guys have a 4 year degree? i'm pretty old myself and have not had a degree yet so I don't know if that looks bad compared to those that already have had a degree at the expected <22 years of age but are just old because they did other things after they graduated.
I did my prereqs at a community college part time while working so that's why I haven't even graduated yet.

i have a 60 year old classmate, so i guess age doesn't matter when it comes to pharm school then?:confused::confused:

I turn 23 the day I start pharm school. Happy B-day to me! Last year I took the PCAT on my b-day...lol.

I turn 23 the day I start pharm school. Happy B-day to me! Last year I took the PCAT on my b-day...lol.

damn this birthday can only be uphill from last years... i remember pcat days... i only took it once tho so it went by really fast!

i have a 60 year old classmate, so i guess age doesn't matter when it comes to pharm school then?:confused::confused:

Why are you so surprised that you put two clueless smileys down ? Should the age matter somehow ? :luck:

Why are you so surprised that you put two clueless smileys down ? Should the age matter somehow ? :luck:

In my 0-6 program, the oldest people are like 26. Of course, why would a 60-year-old go through all 6 years?

And cheburashka, you should watch cheburashka with English subtitles, it's kinda entertaining to see how they translate it. For example, when Krokodil Gena tries to look up Cheburashka in the dictionary, when he says Chebaksary in Russian, it translates it to Chicago.
On second thought, besides that one translation, it's a pretty standard translation, with a few mistranslations here and there but otherwise OK, not that entertaining, doesn't even rhyme for the songs.

In my 0-6 program, the oldest people are like 26. Of course, why would a 60-year-old go through all 6 years?

And cheburashka, have you ever watched Cheburashka with English subtitles? I did once and they translated Chebaksary to Chicago when Krokodil Gena tries to look up cheburashka in the dictionary.

And cheburashka, have you ever watched Cheburashka with English subtitles? I did once and they translated Chebaksary to Chicago when Krokodil Gena tries to look up cheburashka in the dictionary.

There is cheburashka with english subtitles ! :eek: :idea: :thumbup:

Awesome ! :thumbup: :love: Thanks for the heads up, also I am sooooo flattered at least one person on this board knows who cheburashka is ! :thumbup: :love:

There is cheburashka with english subtitles ! :eek: :idea: :thumbup:

Awesome ! :thumbup: :love: Thanks for the heads up, also I am sooooo flattered at least one person on this board knows who cheburashka is ! :thumbup: :love:

Well, I'm from Ukraine (moved to the states when I was 9), so I grew up on Cheburashka and things like that, though Nu Pogodi was more "in" at the time.