How many New spots will the be available to MD students due to the Combined Match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post is invalid without an actual MD acceptance. You're also a reapplicant which indicates that you couldn't get into MD schools the first try (like many people) and decided to apply to DO school in the second cycle. This tell us that you wanted to go to MD initially and DO was the backup plan. Really you actually are a prime example of much of what Psai was saying and it's not arrogant to say it like it is. We could also say that you need to stop being really defensive...

lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Your post is invalid without an actual MD acceptance. You're also a reapplicant which indicates that you couldn't get into MD schools the first try (like many people) and decided to apply to DO school in the second cycle. This tell us that you wanted to go to MD initially and DO was the backup plan. Really you actually are a prime example of much of what Psai was saying and it's not arrogant to say it like it is. We could also say that you need to stop being really defensive...

An applicant good enough to get an interview is an applicant good enough to be in a program.

Also, you're still a premed last I checked.

Reactions: 2 users
An applicant good enough to get an interview is an applicant good enough to be in a program.

Also, you're still a premed last I checked.
If you want to talk credentials, I will be attending a top MD school in the nation next fall. But again, with one year studying in the shiny library at your DO school, you would definitely know everything and can't be wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
False. There are post interview rejections for a reason. (Same applies for residency & beyond. Just because you got an interview doesn't mean you get the job)

Ok you may be right about that. But I wasn't rejected after my interview, I was placed on a wait list and did not receive a rejection until fall of the following year.

I'll put my money on you making up another reason that I somehow am not an MD caliber applicant.

Ok you may be right about that. But I wasn't rejected after my interview, I was placed on a wait list and did not receive a rejection until fall of the following year.

I'll put my money on you making up another reason that I somehow am not an MD caliber applicant.
We don't need to make up any other reason. You WERE rejected! Let me break it down for you, it meant that the school thought you were not MD caliber thus rejected you in the end and asked you to improve your app before applying again.

If you want to talk credentials, I will be attending a top MD school in the nation next fall. But again, with one year studying in the shiny library at your DO school, you would definitely know everything and can't be wrong.

lol

Reactions: 1 user
So you're saying you have pre-credentials.

I really need to bring back the Pre-119th Congress tag.

You're responses are starting to make more sense now...

One of my biggest MD mentors graduated from Stanford med and it pains to see an individual with your type of attitude become a student there. I'm sure you put on a huge smug smile the whole interview day. I hope you don't run into any of the DOs in their PM&R department.

Now back to the thread topic: Where is the most reliable resource to find out the rulings of which AOA residencies gain full accreditation and can therefore be counted toward the future consolidated ACGME residency pool that will be available to MDs (and DOs)?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

One of my biggest MD mentors graduated from Stanford med and it pains to see an individual with your type of attitude become a student there. I'm sure you put on a huge smug smile the whole interview day. I hope you don't run into any of the DOs in their PM&R department.

Now back to the thread topic: Where is the most reliable resource to find out the rulings of which AOA residencies gain full accreditation and can therefore be counted toward the future consolidated ACGME residency pool that will be available to MDs (and DOs)?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
https://apps.acgme.org/ads/Public/Reports/Report/18

My response was not directed towards you as a individual, just the statement that was made.

Aren't you a pre-med DO? What if your school closes, or you are cut?
In the game of med school, you either win or you die. I'm going DO because I took the MCAT too early and live in a state with 600 IS applicants for <100 MD spots. I'm not one of the people that needed grade replacement or bombed the MCAT. And the school I am attending is state funded and has its own hospital. Unlikely to close.

My response was not directed towards you as a individual, just the statement that was made.

I'd say it's a fair statement to make. An interview invitation is a signal to an applicant that a medical school has a chance of accepting that applicant. After the interview it's a game of who else applied that year, and "what makes you so special"?

There's no need to split hairs that an applicant rejection doesn't count as MD material after an interview where they were put on a wait list. Other people were much more successful and I congratulate them on their victory over admissions, but I wouldn't say admissions is without luck.

My question is who actually advocated to have this thread re-opened? Didn't it close? I've been reading SDN awhile I have never seen one of these threads NOT devolve into absolute ****. If this thread had just started and I read the title, and then had to bet on how it would end up; I would've picked the choice that said "Meat Hurricane and pre-allo kid beating up on the insecure DO student." Its a no-brainer. These threads are just garbage.

Reactions: 3 users
My question is who actually advocated to have this thread re-opened? Didn't it close? I've been reading SDN awhile I have never seen one of these threads NOT devolve into absolute ****. If this thread had just started and I read the title, and then had to bet on how it would end up; I would've picked the choice that said "Meat Hurricane and pre-allo kid beating up on the insecure DO student." Its a no-brainer. These threads are just garbage.

Meat Hurricane! Love it!

maybe the insecure DO students should steer clear of the Allopathic forum ;)

This is the type of post that keeps me on SDN. These kids and their quips. Lmfao.

Reactions: 6 users
Since the previous warnings to remain on topic and be civil and professional have been ignored, this thread is now closed.

This did not start out as a DO vs MD thread but it kept becoming one. And then y'all complain about pre-Allo....

Reactions: 9 users
Status
Not open for further replies.