how late for child fellowship applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dassie

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying for the child & adolescent fellowship this year - or, I guess, more accurately, right now. Pretty much all of my application is complete except I'm still waiting for 2 of my LORs... Is it better to submit an incomplete application now/ASAP or should I wait another week or two for my LORs to come in? Does it make a difference at all? The only point of comparison I have is residency applications and I've been told that it's much more relaxed applying for psych fellowships, even if you're applying to competitive places.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying for the child & adolescent fellowship this year - or, I guess, more accurately, right now. Pretty much all of my application is complete except I'm still waiting for 2 of my LORs... Is it better to submit an incomplete application now/ASAP or should I wait another week or two for my LORs to come in? Does it make a difference at all? The only point of comparison I have is residency applications and I've been told that it's much more relaxed applying for psych fellowships, even if you're applying to competitive places.

I would submit. My program would interview even before all LOR’s were received. There are more spots than applicants, so you are in high demand.

Reactions: 2 users
Hmm I thought September-December is more like it for C&A application season.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would submit. My program would interview even before all LOR’s were received. There are more spots than applicants, so you are in high demand.

Thanks! Do I need to email programs when they are finally uploaded or do they just download auromantically thru the interview season ?

Hmm I thought September-December is more like it for C&A application season.

I think that’s when they interview. ERAS opened for submissions 7/5 and I think they said the programs start downloading 7/15 ? :zombie:

Reactions: 2 users
Is there a new thread for the CAP fellowship this year? If so, can someone please send it? Thanks

I have the same question. I guess, this is something that PD needs to do along with LOR. I cannot see in Myeras if he did it or not. Any idea?

Hi all, did you PD upload your CAP verification letter along with the LOR??
I sent the CAP verification form with the letter request form so I assume mine uploaded both together.