How holistic are application reviews with GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pnk

Reaction score
I have a 3.5 overall GPA after 2 years and it's going up, but I took most of the DPT pre requisite math and science classes already with a few Cs and will have just under a 3.0 math/sci GPA. Depending on the DPT program, it looks like my prerequisite GPA will also hover right at or below 3.0. I expect to have a solid GRE and great recs. I have leadership, volunteering and am currently at 120 shadowing hours in two distinct areas. Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't think that's how PT schools caliber of the undegrad programs. GPA is more like a baseline. If you have a high GPA, you'll likely get into PT schools, but ECA and GRE (if they require it) also a huge factor in admissiom process. I have a 4.0 GPA, but I still get rejected and waitlisted this application cycle, and I don't have enough ECA and GRE score. Just keep in mind that GPA is not everything, but it is super important.

It depends on the school. Some schools take a holistic approach, while others focus primarily on GPA and GRE. I have a 3.22 GPA and 3.0-3.4 pGPA (depending on the school) and have been accepted to 10 schools this cycle thus far. I would go on APTA and look for schools that have similar stats to yours. Public state schools seem more challenging to get into since they usually cost less.

Reactions: 1 users