How does "that person" always get 100% on tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
haha.

no yacht, unfortunately. i work for the family business. and thankfully no loans, but that was conditional upon me helping pay for grad school for my youngest sibling.

here's hoping he decides his bme undergrad degree is enough schooling ><

Bachelor of Marijuana Excess?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I was reading the pre med forum, had to double check. Seriously guys.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm probably the 100 you've seen on a couple of the exams. So far, we've taken probably close to 20-30 exams and I've gotten 100 on 7-8 of them. Our exams are roughly anywhere from 40-60 questions each, so it's easier to do well on them IMO. I study all the material before an exam and commit it to memory. Part of it is luck, as in they test what I know or I guess appropriately on what I don't, but some subjects are easier than others. I dominated Biochemistry (two 100's), psychology (3 100's), and Physiology (1 100). None of the material is actually difficult, there's just a lot of it. I've found effective Anking helps for memorization. In the end; however, I am a good test taker and have always been.

I do, however, have no obligations and spend a lot of time studying. There's not much else for me to do at medical school.

Oh, I don't use drugs of any sort, even coffee. I am really tired of studying though, but what else are you going to do?

Members don't see this ad :)
kXGSY.gif

Reactions: 1 user
You're so awesome.
No idea if that was in sarcasm or not. Coffee doesn't seem to wake me up and just gives me the ****s - I made the mistake of downing some to make it through the day. Just ended up having nausea for a couple hours.

Similar case for me except 70mg of it in like a little 9.5 oz starbucks bottle acts like a prescription diuretic and makes my hr climb rather drastically. Doing some research a while back about nooptropics / caffeine I came to conclusion that I am acetylcholine dominant. You might be too.

Try 750mg aniracetam/100mg centrophenoxine 2x per day.

Similar case for me except 70mg of it in like a little 9.5 oz starbucks bottle acts like a prescription diuretic and makes my hr climb rather drastically. Doing some research a while back about nooptropics / caffeine I came to conclusion that I am acetylcholine dominant. You might be too.

Try 750mg aniracetam/100mg centrophenoxine 2x per day.

Thanks, doc.

So far in almost all my classes we have old tests dating back at least 10 years to study from on a group Dropbox. Professors are lazy and like to reuse their questions. Therefore, if you memorize all these old questions you should get in the 90s. Do other schools not have this?

So far in almost all my classes we have old tests dating back at least 10 years to study from on a group Dropbox. Professors are lazy and like to reuse their questions. Therefore, if you memorize all these old questions you should get in the 90s. Do other schools not have this?
I made a big friggin huge fuss first year about how some people had access to old exams while most of us did not. Especially when the two people who scored above me were very much in possession of said exams. The departments are too lazy and they reuse a good 20% of questions. And they refuse to offer them in a question bank.

I thought I was reading the pre med forum, had to double check. Seriously guys.

Seriously annoying.

We don't.

Definitely not. Or not at least to the big advantage of getting in the 90s.

I've also been prescribed Vyvanse before, I took 30mg of it, and had heart palpitations and it did nothing to help me focus, just made me extremely restless, so I've sworn it all off.

And no, I go into test blind, no practice questions, no previous exams. Depending on the examiner, tests can be easy or hard. Some examiners will give softball detail questions, some will give multistep critical questions, etc, but I went to an undergrad that almost never had multiple choice questions, so critical thinking was key to success.

Also, can someone tell me grades don't matter so I can get off this crazy train.

I made a big friggin huge fuss first year about how some people had access to old exams while most of us did not. Especially when the two people who scored above me were very much in possession of said exams. The departments are too lazy and they reuse a good 20% of questions. And they refuse to offer them in a question bank.

All the more reason the first 2 years should be Pass/Fail. Why don't u make friends with them and ask them for copies? Just don't check their mucous membranes.

I've also been prescribed Vyvanse before, I took 30mg of it, and had heart palpitations and it did nothing to help me focus, just made me extremely restless, so I've sworn it all off.

And no, I go into test blind, no practice questions, no previous exams. Depending on the examiner, tests can be easy or hard. Some examiners will give softball detail questions, some will give multistep critical questions, etc, but I went to an undergrad that almost never had multiple choice questions, so critical thinking was key to success.
So you didn't try Adderall.

Isn't vyvanse the same thing as adderall?

And other person...studocplsignore, are you in a top 20 school?

Isn't vyvanse the same thing as adderall?

And other person...studocplsignore, are you in a top 20 school?

No, I am not, if that makes a difference. The curriculum here is fairly rigorous, I think, but too stressful due to grades rather than P/F.

All the more reason the first 2 years should be Pass/Fail. Why don't u make friends with them and ask them for copies? Just don't check their mucous membranes.
One of them is now one of my best...wait..it's the lice girl. Anyway, I didn't feel like I could in good conscience complain about the matter and then join in the debauchery. At any rate, the assistant professor who made the exams promised to make certain questions were different on future exams. And they were.

One of them is now one of my best...wait..it's the lice girl. Anyway, I didn't feel like I could in good conscience complain about the matter and then join in the debauchery. At any rate, the assistant professor who made the exams promised to make certain questions were different on future exams. And they were.
Goodness, you should have participated in the debauchery first! And then a Nix treatment afterwards.

Also, can someone tell me grades don't matter so I can get off this crazy train.

I think you know the answer. I also think you would be the same thing even if you went to a P/F school, because most P/F schools have internal (or external) ranking as well. My school is P/F but we know how we are ranked. Does the P/F system make us less neurotic? No. We are neurotic neurotic neurotic.

I think you know the answer. I also think you would be the same thing even if you went to a P/F school, because most P/F schools have internal (or external) ranking as well. My school is P/F but we know how we are ranked. Does the P/F system make us less neurotic? No. We are neurotic neurotic neurotic.

Yes, bc those grades are still internally ranked, defeating the whole purpose of P/F. It's just window dressing at your school. There are "true" Pass/Fail schools - i.e. Case, for example.

Same at my school.

Yes, bc those grades are still internally ranked, defeating the whole purpose of P/F. It's just window dressing at your school. There are "true" Pass/Fail schools - i.e. Case, for example.

I don't get why they do that "P/F but internally rank" thing. Do they think we're really that stupid??

Same at my school.

I don't get why they do that "P/F but internally rank" thing. Do they think we're really that stupid??
They think medical students are children who are aiming for gold stars on their HW and are easily distracted. That's why medical schools will say, your transcript will have all "P"s on it in MS-1/MS-2, like it's no big deal. These are the same deceptive schools that say "we don't rank", when your MSPE either 1) lists your rank, 2) Lists which percentage segment of the class you fall in, or 3) use special "code words" which give away which part of the class you fall in: outstanding, excellent, etc.

They think medical students are children who are aiming for gold stars on their HW and are easily distracted. That's why medical schools will say, your transcript will have all "P"s on it in MS-1/MS-2, like it's no big deal. These are the same deceptive schools that say "we don't rank", when your MSPE either 1) lists your rank, 2) Lists which percentage segment of the class you fall in, or 3) use special "code words" which give away which part of the class you fall in: outstanding, excellent, etc.

Ahahahah, we had that. I fell under "outstanding" which was supposed to be top 20% of the class </notsosubtlebrag>, but all those code words were practically synonymous. Even the bottom 20% was like "spectacular" or something synonymous and equally ridiculous.

Ahahahah, we had that. I fell under "outstanding" which was supposed to be top 20% of the class </notsosubtlebrag>, but all those code words were practically synonymous. Even the bottom 20% was like "spectacular" or something synonymous and equally ridiculous.
Nobody told you the code for top 5%? We're called "creme de la creme" on letters.

haha our bottom 20% is called "recommend"

The Merriam-Webster definition meaning of the words means nothing. On your MSPE, there is a rubric that tells exactly what the word means = what percent of the class you were in. It's usually like: Outstanding, Excellent, Very Good, and Good. No school is going to put their last category as "Crap".

haha our bottom 20% is called "recommend"

In other words, we can't say "Crap" so we'll just say they meet the minimum barrier to entry to enter residency. That being said, 20% is quite huge for your last category.

The Merriam-Webster definition meaning of the words means nothing. On your MSPE, there is a rubric that tells exactly what the word means = what percent of the class you were in. It's usually like: Outstanding, Excellent, Very Good, and Good. No school is going to put their last category as "Crap".

That sounds more reasonable, but ours was something like Outstanding, Excellent, Exceptional, Terrific, and Hip-Hip-Hooray! Meant even less when they gave us a rubric which detailed which code word corresponded with which quintile. Like just give me the damn quintile I'm in and I'll decide which superlative I want to use for myself lol.

That sounds more reasonable, but ours was something like Outstanding, Excellent, Exceptional, Terrific, and Hip-Hip-Hooray! Meant even less when they gave us a rubric which detailed which code word corresponded with which quintile. Like just give me the damn quintile I'm in and I'll decide which superlative I want to use for myself lol.

LOL! Trust me PDs go the extra step and look at the rubric. Many of them when you interview and filling out their eval of you at the interview, they have your stats at the top already: School, Step scores, AOA status, and where you are in your class (based on the code word) on the sheet/index card. The actual words don't mean a hill of beans.