How do you deal w/this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey there Old Timer....Its time to refill the Aricept....No one is confused but you.
Hey you must work for CVS since 30 seconds is all the time you ever spend on prescription. I digress....

So you are going to give someone a pill in a unlabled bottle and tell them to come back tomorrow. How exactly is that helping anyone? If you are going to waste your time you might as well do it correctly and just fill the prescription. Let corporate or the state board of pharmacy get a wiff of that and you will be out of a job.

How long have you managed to practice and not have your license suspended?

You are the confused one, my friend who said outright I would give unlabeled medication when in fact I never said that at all. So, how long have you been a pharmacist?

Members don't see this ad.

I am not a pharmacist...I am a podiatry student. I was bored on my forum.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

You are bored with "your" forum, yet you have never posted in it.......large attention span I guess.

You are the confused one, my friend who said outright I would give unlabeled medication when in fact I never said that at all. So, how long have you been a pharmacist?

Lets be fair. This is what you said:

Next time you are at work get a vial and then:

• Stand at drop off
  • Walk to the propecia
  • Remove one pill and place in bottle
  • walk back to drop off
Time how long it will take to perform these steps. It's about 30 seconds. You will create ill will to save yourself 30 seconds...... Get a life....

There is no way you can do all of that plus typing and labeling in just 30 seconds.

Lets be fair. This is what you said:

There is no way you can do all of that plus typing and labeling in just 30 seconds.
Who needs to type a label. That's why the clock in my little experiment starts at drop off with a vial in your hand. You are handed a refill at closing.
Please Read The Thread, Carefully. The One Pill In The Bottle Is For The Patient Who Showed Up At 5:59 When The Store Closes At 6pm To Refill His Propecia. In This Case Or Even With A Mtc Med. I Would Place 1 Pill In His Bottle And Tell Him To Come Back Tomorrow.

2) Patient Presents A Refill At Closing Time. If He Is Out Of Medication, You Can Give Him Some To Hold Him Until The Store Next Opens. Some Judgment Required Here.

I don't know what is so hard to understand about this.....

I can't wait until he is a podiatrist so I can tell him all about how to practice his profession, because I am bored about talking about mine....

Who needs to type a label. That's why the clock in my little experiment starts at drop off with a vial in your hand. You are handed a refill at closing.
Not everyone is going to hand you a bottle, Old Timer. Geez...

Be nice to Old Timer....Its time for a medication change.....add some Namenda to that Aricept......

Not everyone is going to hand you a bottle, Old Timer. Geez...

Keep putting up road blocks. Changing the facts. So I'll add 30 seconds to print a label and it took an extra minute.

Why do you people take such joy in turning people away? If the store is open, you are open, you serve the public. You make a judgment based on the facts of the situation. You would really turn away a patient who was out of medication because it would take 5 minutes of your time?

Keep putting up road blocks. Changing the facts. So I'll add 30 seconds to print a label and it took an extra minute.

Why do you people take such joy in turning people away? If the store is open, you are open, you serve the public. You make a judgment based on the facts of the situation. You would really turn away a patient who was out of medication because it would take 5 minutes of your time?

I believe the whole point of this was to discuss when and where do you draw the line. If staying minutes and hours after the pharmacy is supposed to close makes you feel good about yourself then great. I think most of us are in agreement. The pharmacy has posted hours of operation. Barring an emergency the pharmacy closes on time and thats that.

Why do you people take such joy in turning people away?

Why do you take such joy in rewarding a customers rudeness and incompetance?

Members don't see this ad :)

I don't take joy in turning people away. If fact, the over-night position seems like it would suit me very well.

When the late crowd starts to come in around 8pm, we start telling people that if they chose to come back to pick up their medicine, that we will close at 10pm. We also emphasize that the pharmacy will close at 10pm and no later. Believe it or not, this doesn't bother people, because we prepare them.
When it's 9:45pm, we make announcements that the store will be closing in 15 minutes. Anyone who is still "shopping around" will stop what they are doing and come to the pharmacy to drop off or pick up their medication, because they realize that we are closing.

We don't have problems with procrastinators. This is very different from my first pharmacy job, and I'm very happy with it.

I figured that. :D

Btw, you have an uncanny resemblance to Zpack. ;)

ehhh.. I don't think so...

You won't see me offend Old Timer. He's a valuable resource to this forum.

Last edited:
So I'll add 30 seconds to print a label and it took an extra minute.

Don't forget to add another 15 minutes if the claim is not accepted by the insurance company.

And what's the big deal about that?
The line will start pilling up, and you will never get out of there!
You know, to pick up your kids from daycare or your friend from the airport, watch your kid's recital, do shopping of your own, mow the grass, whatever...

and wealthy and her daddy is dying.

That's not going to work for a two-week course of antibiotics.

Keep up PharmDstudent, I was talking about the non-urgent refill not the emergency prescrition...I am going to call you Old Timer Jr.

wow...big dreams... I'm impressed.

I did have a dream to get into hospital administration and sit on my butt all day and do nothing...I have since moved on to bigger and better dreams...

I did have a dream to get into hospital administration and sit on my butt all day and do nothing...I have since moved on to bigger and better dreams...

Wow....took you long enough to find out what people here think I do in real life... Don't believe everything you read...

:smuggrin:

Wow....took you long enough to find out what people here think I do in real life... Don't believe everything you read...

:smuggrin:

he's actually a soap opera actor on "As the Pharmacy Turns" NBC M-F 11:00 a.m.

Ok slick. Enlighten us pharmers on how to make a professional call on when it is/isn't appropriate to turn away a patient...

But go slow, because I have't refilled my Memantine script in a while...

Do you have a problem with that Mr. I-change-my-future-dead-father-in-law's diapers?

When you are rich (or about to become rich), you can hire a nurse for that. Something you can't relate to with your handy man bf.

When you are rich (or about to become rich), you can hire a nurse for that. Something you can't relate to with your handy man bf.
You can't pay for that kind of quality time! He'll let you ask for her hand if you change his diapers sincerely. :smuggrin: