How do you deal w/this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sanctimonious. That is one I haven't been called yet, although you spelled it incorrectly chief.

You purposely forgot to include "TOOL".

It's slang. PM me if you don't know the definition.

I'm in such a mood to fight the retail haters!

Members don't see this ad.

Man, don't say that. Let 'em Duke it out.

Yeah...but now it's gotten to the point where no one knows what they're arguing about any more. And eventually we'll run out of big fancy names to call each other...so it's time to bust out the thesaurus for new ways to call each other sanctimonious.

You purposely forgot to include "TOOL".

It's slang. PM me if you don't know the definition.

I'm in such a mood to fight the retail haters!

You seem pretty fired up indeed. I bet little loo is dangerous with a tablet spatula.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah...but now it's gotten to the point where no one knows what they're arguing about any more. And eventually we'll run out of big fancy names to call each other...so it's time to bust out the thesaurus for new ways to call each other sanctimonious.

Sweet you spelled it correctly.....

"You people". Hmmm.

You should stand up too. Your gluteus maximus is looking a little wide...

No need for that kind of attack....though I agree with the "you people" comment somewhat. Many health system pharmacists are active in promoting the profession of clinical pharmacy through different programs ..not the scope of this thread. But I see too may "you people" retailers (except for Old Timer) b*tch and moan about the work environment yet when the mighty dollar is waved at you, you run to it like a 8 week old golden retreiver begging for a treat.

You allowed it to happen...drive through windows...selling out to mass retailers.. Yes I can help you fight your battle but here is an analogy.. would a cardiologist fight for ED doc's poor working environment? Not likely.

If retail pharmacy is your chose career...then fight for it.

What the heck am I talking about??? :smuggrin:

Dare I do the honors?

Holier-than-thou
Smug
Preachy
Hypocritical
Pharisaic

Man, this guy is harsh.

No need for that kind of attack....though I agree with the "you people" comment somewhat. Many health system pharmacists are active in promoting the profession of clinical pharmacy through different programs ..not the scope of this thread. But I see too may "you people" retailers (except for Old Timer) b*tch and moan about the work environment yet when the mighty dollar is waved at you, you run to it like a 8 week old golden retreiver begging for a treat.

You allowed it to happen...drive through windows...selling out to mass retailers.. Yes I can help you fight your battle but here is an analogy.. would a cardiologist fight for ED doc's poor working environment? Not likely.

Yeah....What are you talking about?

Oh come on thread-jacker extraordinaire...even you can't stop this one??

loo is a vet student...must have hung up the spatula....

Dood...it's been hot here. My pool water is evaporating quickly and my electric bill rate went up. I'm getting foil radiant barrier installed next week. I was going to DIY...then spent 5 minutes surveying my attic.. then thought "who am I kidding"...I aint risking my life installing this stuff by myself.

Members don't see this ad :)

Old Timer has been brain washed by corporate CVS recruiter spies. He is a cyborg CVS mole recruiter sent to counter the bad publicity about CVS. He would love to tell you what he really thinks but has yet to figure out how to break free of CVS's mind control tricks....

Dood...it's been hot here. My pool water is evaporating quickly and my electric bill rate went up. I'm getting foil radiant barrier installed next week. I was going to DIY...then spent 5 minutes surveying my attic.. then thought "who am I kidding"...I aint risking my life installing this stuff by myself.

Is that stuff better than the spray on attic barrier? I have been thinking of doing that as well. What was your electric bill last month? Mine was $350.00which I thought wasn't bad....

Dare I do the honors?
Pharisaic

OK, you get bonus points for this.;) I counter your "Pharisaic" with

"Profligate"

No need for a spatula. Cram it in your suppository mold. I'll save the veterinary emasculator for later.:laugh:

Old Timer has been brain washed by corporate CVS recruiter spies.* He is a cyborg CVS mole recruiter sent to counter the bad publicity about CVS.* He would love to tell you what he really thinks but has yet to figure out how to break free of CVS's mind control tricks....
Wait a sec.* Be nice to Old Timer. He didn't start this storm...:DTHIS IS SO COOL.* EVERYBODY'S TRYING TO JACK THE THREAD!I feel like I'm at a family holiday...everybody talking at once!!!Stay alive thread, stay alive!!!!

Here is what I think.

The high oil price is due to decreasing value of dollar which is necessary in controlling the US debt. And because oil is only traded in dollar backed securities, weak dollar means high oil price. But "gasp" Iran has started the Iranian Oil Bourse trading oil in different currencies including Euros..Rubles etc. Though the day the bourse went live, mysterious event caused an internet blackout in Iran. Suddenly, we're hyping Iran's involvement in Iraq by hampering our efforts. And certainly, Iran's nuclear ambition must be met with a deadely consequences...just ask Saddam when he tried to sell his oil in Euros.

Now we have threatened the world with trade sanctions to any country trading in Iranian Bourse.

Supply and Demand of Oil? Blame China and India? If supply was an issue...we would have lines at the gas pump...a la early 70's...oh wait, y'all weren't even born then. How about the speculators pumping billions of dollars into oil futures trade? Who are these speculators? Perhaps those finanacial institutions who took a blood bath in subprime crisis..and also bracing for the impact for the next ARM hike. So why not drive up the cost by betting on increased oil price?? Should the government intervene? Probably not. Somebody has to pay for the mortgage crisis. We're all paying for it.

So, when can we expect to see a decline in oil price? When Iran situation is stablized and when the world regains confidence in the value of American Dollars...

Solar...wind....drilling ANWAR...hybrids..aren't the solution.

Increase dose of Abilify to 20 mg QD...

Is that stuff better than the spray on attic barrier? I have been thinking of doing that as well. What was your electric bill last month? Mine was $350.00which I thought wasn't bad....

Mine was $460 but the rate jumped from 13cents to 16cents. So I switched services. Spray on stuff only blocks 77% of radiant heat at best. The foil blocks over 97%. In fact, DOE doesn't even consider spray stuff as radiant barrier. And there has to be some space between your roof and the barrier... I'm going to actually stick a thermometer up in my attic ...for before and after test. My vents are well insulated but first 10 seconds as the air blows out, I can feel it's warm. I expect to drop 30 to 40 degrees in my attic. Even if it doesn't cut down on my bill, I want to be more comfortable.

Mine was $460 but the rate jumped from 13cents to 16cents. So I switched services.

I just locked in for 17 cents fixed, bad move? I pulled up some comparison chart and it honestly looked fairly reasonable.

loo is a vet student...must have hung up the spatula....

Not quite, but soon!!!

I'm working with some goats while I'm counting pills, not counseling people, and generally not being professional because I chose to greedily suck the tit of retail pharmacy.

How are you?

I just locked in for 17 cents fixed, bad move? I pulled up some comparison chart and it honestly looked fairly reasonable.

Dude, got a challenge word for me yet????

C'mon...I don't even have a quickie reference. Had to remember some GRE vocab words.

Damn my crappy spelling...

ehhh...read it carefully...you aint locked in chit...they can raise it if they want to. Have your attorney read the TOS.

Actually 17 cents is really high dood...I had 10 cents for 2 years...then 13 cents until now. They raised to 16 cents so I signed up with Direct Energy for 13 cents.

I don't like deregulated utilities. I think we pay more.

Mine was $460 but the rate jumped from 13cents to 16cents. So I switched services. Spray on stuff only blocks 77% of radiant heat at best. The foil blocks over 97%. In fact, DOE doesn't even consider spray stuff as radiant barrier. And there has to be some space between your roof and the barrier... I'm going to actually stick a thermometer up in my attic ...for before and after test. My vents are well insulated but first 10 seconds as the air blows out, I can feel it's warm. I expect to drop 30 to 40 degrees in my attic. Even if it doesn't cut down on my bill, I want to be more comfortable.

Do you have a ball park of the cost?

QD is one of those unapproved abbreviations...we now use "daily"

Sorry. Can't spell and I use unapproved abbreviations.

What kind of pharmacy should I practice?;)

How do you like it?

Were all your lenses compatible?

I like it. Definitely a different feel...and little larger in my hand.
And why wouldn't my lenses be compatible? I don't have any EF-S lens.

Priapism-

If you don't come up with a challenge word, I will consider your inaction a victory for all retail pharmacists.

ehhh...read it carefully...you aint locked in chit...they can raise it if they want to. Have your attorney read the TOS.

Actually 17 cents is really high dood...I had 10 cents for 2 years...then 13 cents until now. They raised to 16 cents so I signed up with Direct Energy for 13 cents.

I don't like deregulated utilities. I think we pay more.

This is my first time buying my own energy period, let alone figuring out the deregulated market. I noticed Direct Energy, but ended up signing with Green Mountain. I read somewhere not to sign up for anything with a variable rate, but you are telling me that it does not matter because you can just switch providers if the rate climbs?

And, I don't have an attorney, you know approximately what my salary is at this stage.

Last edited:
I like it. Definitely a different feel...and little larger in my hand.
And why wouldn't my lenses be compatible? I don't have any EF-S lens.

That's what I was asking. I got one...the ultra wide. But I wanted a really wide one, so I went for it.

I settled on the 70-200 f/4. I'd enjoy the 2.8...but weight wasn't worth it to me.

Do you have a ball park of the cost?

No ball park of the cost. But I have the exact cost!

They charge anywhere from 75cents to $1.50 per sq ft. My area under roof measures 3,500 sq ft...since it's a 2 story house..little less than the entire sq footage. there there is a roof pitch factor of 1.3. So it ended up being around $4,500. But he said they'll take $4,000 if I paid him in cash... so why not. Will I get this money back? probably in about 5 years... but I want my house cool without having to have my AC going all day long.

Priapism-

If you don't come up with a challenge word, I will consider your inaction a victory for all retail pharmacists.

Little loo, I have to concede, I love retail pharmacists and think they are infinitely more important than I will ever be hanging off some MD's right testicle spewing clinical pearls to make myself feel good, knowing that even the janitor could have located the information I have just provided, you win. Have fun with the goats.

This is my first time buying my own energy period, let alone figuring out the deregulated market. I noticed Direct Energy, but ended up signing with Green Mountain. I read somewhere not to sign up for anything with a variable rate, but you are telling me that it does not matter because you can just switch providers if the rate climbs?

And, I don't have an attorney, you know what approximately what my salary is at this stage.

well..some companies will charge you 1 month average fee to change out of their service. So I opted out. 3 cents multiplied by 4500kw per month adds up. So it was better for me to find another provider. There are ways to keep the house cool....ceiling fan, blinds closed... and of course using energy saving light bulbs etc. In my case..I'm going extreme with the radiant barrier.

VICTORY!

Thread over.

That's what I was asking. I got one...the ultra wide. But I wanted a really wide one, so I went for it.

I settled on the 70-200 f/4. I'd enjoy the 2.8...but weight wasn't worth it to me.

Attach the lens to a Monopod.

No ball park of the cost. But I have the exact cost!

They charge anywhere from 75cents to $1.50 per sq ft. My area under roof measures 3,500 sq ft...since it's a 2 story house..little less than the entire sq footage. there there is a roof pitch factor of 1.3. So it ended up being around $4,500. But he said they'll take $4,000 if I paid him in cash... so why not. Will I get this money back? probably in about 5 years... but I want my house cool without having to have my AC going all day long.

Wow...a little more than I want to spend right now.....

Awsome....I am watching Old School....Will Ferrill just took the animal tranquilizer in the neck...f*ing funny!!!!

Little loo, I have to concede, I love retail pharmacists and think they are infinitely more important than I will ever be hanging off some MD's right testicle spewing clinical pearls to make myself feel good, knowing that even the janitor could have located the information I have just provided, you win. Have fun with the goats.

Awsome...Thats the most intelligent thing you have posted to date...You're learning something there rookie......

RECTUM, not right testicle.:D You're not good enough for someone's right testicle. I bow to your superior esoteric information base.

Last edited:
well..some companies will charge you 1 month average fee to change out of their service. So I opted out. 3 cents multiplied by 4500kw per month adds up. So it was better for me to find another provider. There are ways to keep the house cool....ceiling fan, blinds closed... and of course using energy saving light bulbs etc. In my case..I'm going extreme with the radiant barrier.

Good lord...4500 KWH per month...You have a football stadium your lighting up every night?

Good lord...4500 KWH per month...You have a football stadium your lighting up every night?

That's my max ever.... but I expect to hit that this July and August. This year has been hotter than before. I think swimming pool sucks up a bunch. And I have one of those 25 ft celing in the living room...that's a lot of space to cool. That's why I think Radiant Barrier will be worth it.

Maybe with radiant barrier...I can cut it to 3000kw. I'll be tickled.