How do people pay for school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cam1

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm just wondering, how do people plan to pay for DPT school? I see people get excided for an admission to some program that have like $200K price tag. Maybe it is a good school, but I don't see myself taking $250K or $300K student loan. I'm not native to USA, so maybe I don't know something?

Members don't see this ad.

There's no secret to it unfortunately. There are limited scholarships but that is really school-specific. Some people have other financial resources to help pay for the steep cost of those schools and some just are willing to take on that debt burden. I personally would encourage everyone to do anything they can to stay under 150K in debt.

Last edited:
Unless you have rich parents or grand parents or did a great job saving up before, or were military, paying for PT school be expensive without loans. Most will try to get into an in-state school to offset the costs, which can still be expensive if it's in a big city because then the tuition and rent can be high, unless you stay with your parents. It's not really worth becoming a DPT if your overall loans are greater than 200K because you're going to spend many many years to repay it off.

Discussed more here: