How do medical schools view Public Health vs. Wet Lab research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1136042

Would research in fields such as social epidemiology or population health be viewed as favorably as one from a basic wet research lab? Or should I search for labs in the latter? Would questions come up such as "why not MPH or MD-MPH" as I want to go for purely MD?

Members don't see this ad.

Do research in what you care about. If that's public health, great! Ask a question, use the scientific method to try to find an answer, learn those research skills! Doesn't have to be with a pipette :) I didn't do a lick of wet lab research and focused on social sciences research; I got interviews from and accepted into research-focused med schools. best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Would research in fields such as social epidemiology or population health be viewed as favorably as one from a basic wet research lab? Or should I search for labs in the latter? Would questions come up such as "why not MPH or MD-MPH" as I want to go for purely MD?
Anything that teaches you about the scientific method is fine, even if it's studying clams in Tahiti.

Reactions: 1 users