How do I Communicate with the the School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexawt

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone So I have a bit of a unique situation. I am not a US citizen or green card holder, also not on F1 or any student visa and also do not have DACA. I do have a SSN and do have legal status.

I’ve been told before that I would simply get treated as an international student at most schools. I called my instate school (Rutgers University) and the lady on the phone didn’t seem too knowledgeable about the subject but said that I would be treated as international.

Recently I found out that New Jersey has a law that says that students get instate tuition regardless of citizenship status if they live in New Jersey and completed highschool here ( Which I did, and am doing undergrad here as well). Idk how to relay this to the school and have myself be considered an instate applicant as it would tremendously help in applications, and obviously financially. Rutgers is my dream school for a lot of reasons, one of them being that I want to stay in New Jersey and not leave. So any advice is welcome on how to communicate with the school or what to do

Members don't see this ad.