post-interview, pre-acceptance communication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hunterx2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if it is typical to receive follow-up communication from schools after the interview, but before you get accepted? I got a generic "thank you for interviewing with us" mass email from 2 schools out of 7 but that was it, nothing else. I did not send any thank you letters myself although I did email an answer to a question that one interviewer asked me to follow up on, but I didn't hear back from him.

Its kind of eerie to get a bunch of interview invites and reminders as the date approaches but afterward it is all quiet in my inbox...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if it is typical to receive follow-up communication from schools after the interview, but before you get accepted? I got a generic "thank you for interviewing with us" mass email from 2 schools out of 7 but that was it, nothing else. I did not send any thank you letters myself although I did email an answer to a question that one interviewer asked me to follow up on, but I didn't hear back from him.

Its kind of eerie to get a bunch of interview invites and reminders as the date approaches but afterward it is all quiet in my inbox...

I didn't receive ANY follow up email from the 5 schools I interviewed at.

I have received a few follow up emails and post interview surveys. But only from two out of the 5 interviews so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have interviewed at two schools only and they both send me like three emails after interview.. First was like thank you for attending interview, second like give a feedback on interview and third a personal email from person that interviewed me.. and just few minutes ago i just received a very stressful email from one school saying that they are impressed with my qualifications but to be aware that if i am offered a seat i must complete all prerequisites with C or better.. and they had me incomplete for like 4 classes :( but i did all of them.. so stressed right now...there is only one class Orgo1 that i got a -C.. maybe I will have to retake next semester.. sucks, not happy right now although that was a nice email....

Call em up! Or maybe you did already. Them thinking you're down 4 pre-reqs on top of the C- in one isn't good. At least clear that up. See if you have to take ochem I again, too. And depending on start date, if they'll allow it the summer right before. I know it's not my school, but mine has a zero tolerance for it and will pull an acceptance without retake if you have below a C in a pre-req. So I imagine they're similar. Basically, just get the details so you can plan...just in case. If you have to, it's better that they know ASAP that you will be retaking. May as well clarify with your other school too. C or greater is a pretty common requirement.

I have interviewed at two schools only and they both send me like three emails after interview.. First was like thank you for attending interview, second like give a feedback on interview and third a personal email from person that interviewed me.. and just few minutes ago i just received a very stressful email from one school saying that they are impressed with my qualifications but to be aware that if i am offered a seat i must complete all prerequisites with C or better.. and they had me incomplete for like 4 classes :( but i did all of them.. so stressed right now...there is only one class Orgo1 that i got a -C.. maybe I will have to retake next semester.. sucks, not happy right now although that was a nice email....

Wow that's quite a bit of communication! I only got post-interview surveys from a few schools.

I just got a personal letter today from the admissions councilor saying I "rocked" the interview, that I should sell my DAT prep books and to not fall in love with the Utah (moved here for a dental research job for a year)... All smiles from here on out!
This sounds like an email from admissions at Nebraska. Am I right??

Back when I applied to UNC for undergrad, they sent out "likely letters" to applicants before they released their actual decisions. (I think Duke does this, too.) The letters basically said that they considered you an outstanding applicant and that you should be receiving good news soon.

Why can't dental schools do this?! Wouldn't that be nice! LOL!

Back when I applied to UNC for undergrad, they sent out "likely letters" to applicants before they released their actual decisions. (I think Duke does this, too.) The letters basically said that they considered you an outstanding applicant and that you should be receiving good news soon.

Why can't dental schools do this?! Wouldn't that be nice! LOL!
Duke does do this but only for applicants who applied early decision. I think its just to be courteous since those applicants are saying Duke is their first choice since ED is binding. But I do wish dental schools did this haha

I actually received a PhD/DDS application request for one of the schools I interviewed at, one week after the interview. The deadline is before the first round goes out in December for that particular application. I thought it was a bit strange but I was pumped about it. Anyone else have a similar story?

I actually received a PhD/DDS application request for one of the schools I interviewed at, one week after the interview. The deadline is before the first round goes out in December for that particular application. I thought it was a bit strange but I was pumped about it. Anyone else have a similar story?
I got an application form to consider a MBA/DDS which is due end of December!! not sure if it means I got accepted but I was also pumped up!! specially with my low stats, I must have done really good during interview :)

I got an application form to consider a MBA/DDS which is due end of December!! not sure if it means I got accepted but I was also pumped up!! specially with my low stats, I must have done really good during interview :)
I don't meant to rain on your parade, I'm sure you killed it, but I think buffalo sent that to everyone. Your other email, directly from a prof, is surely unique and worth celebrating, though!

I don't meant to rain on your parade, I'm sure you killed it, but I think buffalo sent that to everyone. Your other email, directly from a prof, is surely unique and worth celebrating, though![/quote

Any chance you and I took train together in Buffalo? lol

Any chance you and I took train together in Buffalo? lol