How can I support him?

RICEgrl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My hubby is pre-dental, prepping for DAT and researching different dental schools while trying to get in a couple more science courses before applying next year (2007). I would like to know what you did--or, in retrospect, would like to have done--to help the application process, DAT and classes go as smoothly as possible. I have one very demanding toddler, but am not working, so I have a little free time while it seems my husband is overloaded. I'm all ears (or eyes:eek:)...

Members don't see this ad.

My hubby is pre-dental, prepping for DAT and researching different dental schools while trying to get in a couple more science courses before applying next year (2007). I would like to know what you did--or, in retrospect, would like to have done--to help the application process, DAT and classes go as smoothly as possible. I have one very demanding toddler, but am not working, so I have a little free time while it seems my husband is overloaded. I'm all ears (or eyes:eek:)...
If you want my opinion, do something with him to take his mind off what he is going through *hint, hint* You know, a little stress release for the both of you *hint, hint*

Just be encouraging and the positive source in his life. It goes a long way. Especially when things do get discouraging. I also was huge in proofreading personal statements, making suggestions for networking, helping practice interview questions, and also helping keep him on task when he got distracted or too down on himself!
Good luck!

Wanting to help your husband is a great thing, just be sure that you don't forgot about yourself in the process. Having a spouse in a stressful school/work situation can be very demanding, and I know with me, my first instinct it to try to make other aspects of my husband's life easy going and carefree (he's a 3rd-year med student), BUT in doing so, I try hard to remember that I also have a job and stress in my life, and all of my focus cannot be on my husband -- you have to take care of yourself, too. As long as you remember that, I'm sure anything you do to help your husband will be much appreciated! Good luck.