How am i doing thus far?

Jarvis21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a sophmore in high school coming to the tail end of the school year. Here are my stats to this point:

Freshman Year: 3.8 GPA
Courses:
Computer Apps
Health...........A
Intro to PE.....A
Civics............A
IB Biology.......A
IB English........B
IB Earth Science.....A
IB Geometry........B
IB Spanish........B
IB World Geography.........A
Intro To Business......A

Sophmore Year: 3.4 GPA(anticipated)
Courses:
IB Chemistry...B
IB English.....B
IB Algebra II....C
IB Spanish.....B
IB Physics.....A
IB Tech....A
Marketing....A
IB History....B

Junior Year: Schedule Permitting
AP Biology
AP Comparative Governments
AP Language & Composition
AP Spanish
Honors Pre-calc
Psychology
Advanced Marketing
Rocky Mountain

Senior Year: Schedule Permitting
AP Chemistry
AP Calculus
AP English
AP US History
Anatomy & Physiology
Rocky Mountain II
Entrepeneurship

I am trying to concentrate mainly on science classes seeing as thats what I plan on majoring in college. The non AP/science classes are just to meet graduation requirements. Am i on the right track? Any advice?

Also, I do three sports year round. Varsity in all three. Football, basketball, and track. My free time is consumed by these during the school year. I plan on volunteering at a local hospital if I have time considering I work three days a week over the summer.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am a sophmore in high school coming to the tail end of the school year. Here are my stats to this point:

Courses:
Computer Apps
Health...........A
Intro to PE.....A
Civics............A
IB Biology.......A
IB English........B
IB Earth Science.....A
IB Geometry........B
IB Spanish........B
Intro To Business......A

Courses:
IB Chemistry...B
IB English.....B
IB Algebra II....C
IB Spanish.....B
IB Physics.....A
IB Tech....A
Marketing....A
IB History....B

AP Biology
AP Spanish
Honors Pre-calc
Psychology
Advanced Marketing
Rocky Mountain

AP Chemistry
AP Calculus
AP English
AP US History
Anatomy & Physiology
Rocky Mountain II
Entrepeneurship

I am trying to concentrate mainly on science classes seeing as thats what I plan on majoring in college. The non AP/science classes are just to meet graduation requirements. Am i on the right track? Any advice?

Looks good. Don't pigeonhole yourself into a set major while you are still a sophomore and still have 2 years of high school left. Other than that, it looks good.

Courses:
Computer Apps
Health...........A
Intro to PE.....A
Civics............A
IB Biology.......A
IB English........B
IB Earth Science.....A
IB Geometry........B
IB Spanish........B
Intro To Business......A

Courses:
IB Chemistry...B
IB English.....B
IB Algebra II....C
IB Spanish.....B
IB Physics.....A
IB Tech....A
Marketing....A
IB History....B

AP Biology
AP Spanish
Honors Pre-calc
Psychology
Advanced Marketing
Rocky Mountain

AP Chemistry
AP Calculus
AP English
AP US History
Anatomy & Physiology
Rocky Mountain II
Entrepeneurship

Work on getting that math grade up.

Otherwise you are pretty much perfect :). Lucky that you get to take all those advanced classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest you to work on your math. Also, consider doing some ECs if you don't have any. Contact your school counselor for more information about ECs.

Courses:
Computer Apps
Health...........A
Intro to PE.....A
Civics............A
IB Biology.......A
IB English........B
IB Earth Science.....A
IB Geometry........B
IB Spanish........B
Intro To Business......A

Courses:
IB Chemistry...B
IB English.....B
IB Algebra II....C
IB Spanish.....B
IB Physics.....A
IB Tech....A
Marketing....A
IB History....B

AP Biology
AP Spanish
Honors Pre-calc
Psychology
Advanced Marketing
Rocky Mountain

AP Chemistry
AP Calculus
AP English
AP US History
Anatomy & Physiology
Rocky Mountain II
Entrepeneurship

My advice would be to have fun in high school. Stop worrying if you're on the "right track" to become a doctor, because odds are you may change your mind. Focus on what you need to do at the moment instead of attempting to predict the future.

AP Chemistry
AP Calculus
AP English
AP US History
Anatomy & Physiology
Rocky Mountain II
Entrepeneurship

lol nice course bro

Random question, but why are you switching from IB to AP? I don't know too much about the IB program, but I thought it was a special 4 year type deal...

I can't resist this any longer:
You're the biggest boss that I've seen thus far.

Not sure if anyone else will get that, but I keep thinking it when I read this thread title.

... nope... sorry Maygyver.

Maybe it's an old people thing.

:p

My advice would be to have fun in high school. Stop worrying if you're on the "right track" to become a doctor, because odds are you may change your mind. Focus on what you need to do at the moment instead of attempting to predict the future.

I agree here. Don't do hospital volunteering for medical school apps, because you can't put high school activities on your med school application. If you want to do it just to do it, go for it though. Seriously, have some fun. I know high school is kinda sucky at times, but you'll have years and years of worrying about how you look for med school or residencies or whatever else. Just do your best and don't stress about it. :D

I agree here. Don't do hospital volunteering for medical school apps, because you can't put high school activities on your med school application. If you want to do it just to do it, go for it though. Seriously, have some fun. I know high school is kinda sucky at times, but you'll have years and years of worrying about how you look for med school or residencies or whatever else. Just do your best and don't stress about it. :D

Yeah, one thing I loved about highschool was how really, in a general sense, nothing really mattered as heavily as things do in college. You can pretty much go home and do whatever you want, play video games, play with friends, watch tv, play sports, volunteer, etc. I know I was surprised once I got into college how fast I ran out of time to do certain things.

Rick Ross is a rapper. ;)

The MYP (Middle Years Program) is for grades 6-10. This is the 4 year program you were talking about CSull. I completed this and received my certificate. The DYP (Diploma Years Program) is for grades 11-12. Thanks to all of you who replied to this thread, it shows some people are rooting for me. Thanks!