Am I smart enough to be a doctor?

premedfunzies8942

Reaction score
Sorry for the cliche post.. I'm currently a senior in HS freaking out about the possibility of becoming a doctor or not.. My ultimate goal is to be a trauma surgeon, and I am currently a volunteer EMT. I love emergency medicine. I feel as if my high school stats aren't good enough. I only scored a 1300 on the SAT and have a 3.78 GPA with honors/AP Courses but I hear poor performance on the SAT can only translate to poor MCAT scores.. I work hard... I'm just not sure if it is worth my committing the next 4 years only to not have a chance.

Members don't see this ad.

Only college stats matter. Work hard & focus on that. High school gpa and SAT scores are irrelevant for medical school admission.

Reactions: 1 users
Forget the SAT-to-MCAT correlation. This can be overcome with good study habits. Just make sure you study hard for all your exams in college, have fun while you can (ie don't burn out) do some clinical volunteering and clinical research, and never forget the long-term goal. You can absolutely become a doctor.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
High school stats do not matter. You are good enough to get into college. Work hard during that time and develop those study skills and you will be fine.

Also, I love the interest but it is a personal pet peeve of mine that I have to call out: trauma surgery =/= emergency medicine.

Reactions: 1 user