Program-Specific Info / Q's Hofstra University MOT Program 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cupcaketheot

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't see any posts regarding Hofstra's OT program for this year? Anyone accepted yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview coming up with Hofstra. What were your stats?
Any tips for the interview? How long was the interview? What were the questions? How was the process like?
Thank you in advance!

I have an interview coming up with Hofstra. What were your stats?
Any tips for the interview? How long was the interview? What were the questions? How was the process like?
Thank you in advance!
Congrats on the interview! I didn't have the most amazing GPA but I had a lot of work experience in fields in which OT's serve. You will meet with the professors in the program and be split into 2 small groups. The professors will ask you some questions and then switch, so you can meet all of them. They were really nice and it was pretty lowkey. I am a generally nervous person and felt comfortable. There was the basic tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in the future as an OT. Then there were some morality questions. Then there was an opportunity to meet with everyone and ask questions about the program specifically. I would use this time to really show you did your research about Hofstra's program specifically and ask questions pertaining to it. Then some current students come in and you can ask any additional questions like housing options, etc. It was about 2 1/2 hours long. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Do you mind sharing your stats? I had an interview in early December and was placed on the waitlist. I’m really eager to find out if I’m accepted

Major: Psychology
Minor: History
Undergrad GPA: 3.40
Post Undergrad GPA (prerequisites): 4.0
Observation Hours: 25 inpatient rehab, 20 pediatric
Experience: TA for kids with autism 2 years, mental health counselor 2 years, AmeriCorps member 2 years, camp counselor 3 years, captain of undergrad rugby team

hey! i just accepted today and im going to send my deposit in. Is anyone considering attending?

Hi everyone! I made a facebook group for people who were accepted, let me know if you want to be added!

In the group interview, did they ask the same questions to all the candidates in a group? or was everyone asked a different question?

Hey, I just got accepted ! Can't wait to meet everyone! Whose doing the reception? :)

Hi everyone! Just curious how long prior to the interview you all were notified that they wanted to meet with you? I got an email inviting me to an interview only 2 days prior to the interview date so I’m not sure if that’s the norm for them. Thanks!

congrats to those who got in! I emailed about the waitlist and was told they’ll let me know if there are any updates. I got into another school but Hofstra was deff a top school for me

I am giving up my seat at Hofstra I hope this helps someone off the waitlist. Good luck everyone in the fall and beyond

Hi! I was accepted to Hofstra can anyone who is currently in the program give me some information and any pros and cons?

Congrats on the interview! I didn't have the most amazing GPA but I had a lot of work experience in fields in which OT's serve. You will meet with the professors in the program and be split into 2 small groups. The professors will ask you some questions and then switch, so you can meet all of them. They were really nice and it was pretty lowkey. I am a generally nervous person and felt comfortable. There was the basic tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in the future as an OT. Then there were some morality questions. Then there was an opportunity to meet with everyone and ask questions about the program specifically. I would use this time to really show you did your research about Hofstra's program specifically and ask questions pertaining to it. Then some current students come in and you can ask any additional questions like housing options, etc. It was about 2 1/2 hours long. Good luck!
Hello! I was wondering if this was a group interview or was it an individual interview?

HI! I have an interview with Hofstra soon and was wondering what types of morality questions you were asked? Thanks!