Program-Specific Info / Q's Hofstra Interview Questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happynonsense

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am planning on scheduling my virtual interview with Hofstra MOT program. What questions should I expect and what is the interview experience like? They said that it will be in the virtual format. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I had mine a few weeks ago. It was a group interview, not my fav tbh. They split the group in half and had us speak with different professors in the program. It was very impersonal and not my my most favorite format for an interview. They asked questions like “what experiences with OT have u had?” “what experiences have u had in general to aid u in becoming an OT & succeeding in the field”, “if someone wanted to take a pill to terminate their life, how would you handle that situation” (the strangest question I’ve ever had), “what are skills u have to help u succeed in this field/program?” And then they have a questions time afterwards…prepare questions!! It helps u stand out

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I had mine a few weeks ago. It was a group interview, not my fav tbh. They split the group in half and had us speak with different professors in the program. It was very impersonal and not my my most favorite format for an interview. They asked questions like “what experiences with OT have u had?” “what experiences have u had in general to aid u in becoming an OT & succeeding in the field”, “if someone wanted to take a pill to terminate their life, how would you handle that situation” (the strangest question I’ve ever had), “what are skills u have to help u succeed in this field/program?” And then they have a questions time afterwards…prepare questions!! It helps u stand out
Thanks for your help! That pill question is definitely a first I've heard happening in an interview...didn't expect they would ask questions like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, I am planning on scheduling my virtual interview with Hofstra MOT program. What questions should I expect and what is the interview experience like? They said that it will be in the virtual format. Thank you!
Hey! Did the ask you the same questions as "otschoolgirl" said or did you have different questions? How was your experience? Thanks so much! I have my interview in a couple of weeks!

For those who interviewed, when did they get back to you about if you got in? I just interviewed and am curious when they’ll get back to me!