Program-Specific Info / Q's Hofstra Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureOT11111

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am interviewing with Hofstra soon (NY) and am wondering what type of questions they asked, how the interview was set up? If you could give me insight that would be great! Thank you and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

did you end up interviewing? they asked about 5 questions, and we each went around answering each question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some questions were something like what is a current problem in healthcare or specifically OT, what personality traits do you have that would be good in the program, they asked a discussion question at the end about what you would do if you had a patient who wanted to kill himself. In the interview they asked each question and we each went around to answer it, which was a little nerve wracking. I thought I didnt do well but I ended up getting in two days ago! Good luck!

Some questions were something like what is a current problem in healthcare or specifically OT, what personality traits do you have that would be good in the program, they asked a discussion question at the end about what you would do if you had a patient who wanted to kill himself. In the interview they asked each question and we each went around to answer it, which was a little nerve wracking. I thought I didnt do well but I ended up getting in two days ago! Good luck!
Thank you so much!!!! I hope I run with the same luck and then we start the program together. Was there a group activity?