Hematology/Oncology 2019-2020 Fellowship Season

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey wizened old-timers

Just wondering if programs last year would consistently send you all rejection emails if you didn't get an interview? Just wondering because I'm just hearing radio silence from the vast, vast majority of programs I applied to this year and am wondering if I'm in the running or if I should just cut bait and apply more broadly.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey wizened old-timers

Just wondering if programs last year would consistently send you all rejection emails if you didn't get an interview? Just wondering because I'm just hearing radio silence from the vast, vast majority of programs I applied to this year and am wondering if I'm in the running or if I should just cut bait and apply more broadly.

If I remember correctly, I didn't hear back from a full 1/3 of the programs I applied to the entire season (silent reject). That being said, this is really early on in the season. Whether to apply more broadly depends on your circumstances, but if you have the resources to do so and feel iffy about your application, you should treat this application season like its your only shot (because it will be your best shot regardless).