Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princessd3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is not a pre-med question. I posted in pre-allo because I expect a reply faster here and I'm reallly pressed for time.
Anyone know if you use Microsoft Excel to do a semi-log graph? Trying to finish my physics labs before the deadline. Just realized the graph had to be on semi-log paper. I have none. I usually use Excel. Please tell me there's a way to do this on Excel.
Thanks, whoever is up this early and willing to help.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't have a clue about that, but I would suggest you call or email your prof and ask them what they suggest. Good luck.

You can, but you have to do the log beforehand, and use that as your dependent variable instead of your original data. Just label the axis as "log x" instead of just "x". Then you can go back and add data labels. I'm not sure if you can modify those to show the original data, but it's worth a try.

Actually, it is really easy. Just make the graph as usual. Right click on the axis you wish to be a log scale and choose Format Axis. Then on the Scale tab choose Log Scale. Taa daa, semi-log graph.