HELP WITH CURRENT APPLICATION

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bdizzle646

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would have any insight on this. I interviewed at a school (X) back in January and have yet to hear back about an admissions decision. This school is my top choice, and I have already submitted a letter of intent and shown interest in every way I could imagine.

My father has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's, and this school is within close proximity to home for me, making it extremely desirable for me to attend, to remain close to my father as his disease progresses, rather than attending a school halfway across the country, where I have already been accepted. I wish to convey this to School X, in addition to my reasons for this program already being my number one choice, in an attempt to have them kindly consider that as an added reason to accept me. Is this something they would consider, or should I not bother even mentioning it?

I was wondering if mentioning it would be helpful or detrimental to my application at this point in the cycle. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would have any insight on this. I interviewed at a school (X) back in January and have yet to hear back about an admissions decision. This school is my top choice, and I have already submitted a letter of intent and shown interest in every way I could imagine.

My father has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's, and this school is within close proximity to home for me, making it extremely desirable for me to attend, to remain close to my father as his disease progresses, rather than attending a school halfway across the country, where I have already been accepted. I wish to convey this to School X, in addition to my reasons for this program already being my number one choice, in an attempt to have them kindly consider that as an added reason to accept me. Is this something they would consider, or should I not bother even mentioning it?

I was wondering if mentioning it would be helpful or detrimental to my application at this point in the cycle. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
There is no stronger statement than your letter of intent, so I don’t think this additional letter will help.
WL movement will start around the end of April, it’s not happening yet. Do you have any acceptances elsewhere?

There is no stronger statement than your letter of intent, so I don’t think this additional letter will help.
WL movement will start around the end of April, it’s not happening yet. Do you have any acceptances elsewhere?
I do have an acceptance elsewhere where I have already selected PTE. However, am still waiting to hear back from this school and another post-II-- have not been waitlisted or rejected at either. Just haven't heard anything yet.

Hi all,

If you didn't already mention this in your letter of intent, definitely mention it to them. No question about it. This is a very personal and reasonable addition to what you might've already included.

I'd prob send this in a "follow-up letter"; if you sent your letter of intent back in Jan or even Feb, I think it'd be reasonable to format this as a follow-up letter to explain your continued interest for reasons that you didn't include in your letter of intent

Reactions: 2 users