Help with DO school list!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhysicianToBe96

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am applying to medical school for the class of 2022, and I just wanted some help creating a DO school list. My stats are as follows:

cGPA - 3.2775
sGPA - 3.1
cGPA - 3.637 (last 46 credit hours)
sGPA - 3.592 (last 46 credit hours)
MCAT - 502
graduate GPA - 4.0 (doing an SMP)

Extracurriculars include volunteering at a clinic for two years, working in a research laboratory for one year (presented a poster), working as a teaching assistant for one year, working as a high school teaching intern for one semester, being involved and manager of my music organization for 4 years, etc.

I have also shadowed a pharmacist for 100 hours and a primary care physician for about 150 hours.

My school list thus far is...

Alabama COM
Arkansas COM
AT Stills University’s COM - Arizona
Burrell COM
Georgia Campus - Philadelphia COM
Lake Erie COM
Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk COM
Pacific Northwest University COM
Rocky Vista University COM
Touro COM - California/Nevada
University Incarnate Word SOM
UNTHSC - Texas COM
William Carey University COM

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I am applying to medical school for the class of 2022, and I just wanted some help creating a DO school list. My stats are as follows:

cGPA - 3.2775
sGPA - 3.1
MCAT - 502

Extracurriculars include volunteering at a clinic for two years, working in a research laboratory for one year (presented a poster), working as a teaching assistant for one year, working as a high school teaching intern for one semester, being involved and manager of my music organization for 4 years, etc.

I have also shadowed a pharmacist for 100 hours and a primary care physician for about 150 hours.

Alabama COM
Arkansas COM
Burrell COM
Lake Erie COM
UNTHSC - Texas COM

Are you a TX resident?

Either way, I would remove Touro CA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Remove PNWU. Strong bias for those in that region

Hi everyone,

cGPA - 3.2775
sGPA - 3.1
MCAT - 502

Alabama COM
Arkansas COM
Burrell COM
Lake Erie COM
UNTHSC - Texas COM

Skip PacNW if you're not from that part of the country.

ADD: MUCOM, KCU, DMU, Nova, Western (both), VCOM

Reactions: 1 user
Apply to TCOM, all Texas schools have a very strong in-state bias. What's your SMP? (i.e. is it a lot of hard sciences or a MPH?)
I'm gonna disagree with Goro on a couple schools.
I'd remove Nova since they do more weekly credit hours than literally any other DO school. Much too much in my opinion.
While I would add the Pomona campus of WesternU, I would not apply to the Lebanon campus, it's just too new and they're still trying fine tune everything. Same goes for BCOM. And I don't really like the entire Touro system for a variety of reasons.
Shadowing a pharmacist isn't gonna count for s*** by the way. You're going for a DO not PharmD.

Thanks for all the help everyone! I just wanted to update that I retook the MCAT in August and received my score back today, which was a 518. Do you think that'd change my chances for any other schools?

Apply to TCOM, all Texas schools have a very strong in-state bias. What's your SMP? (i.e. is it a lot of hard sciences or a MPH?)
I'm gonna disagree with Goro on a couple schools.
I'd remove Nova since they do more weekly credit hours than literally any other DO school. Much too much in my opinion.
While I would add the Pomona campus of WesternU, I would not apply to the Lebanon campus, it's just too new and they're still trying fine tune everything. Same goes for BCOM. And I don't really like the entire Touro system for a variety of reasons.
Shadowing a pharmacist isn't gonna count for s*** by the way. You're going for a DO not PharmD.

It's a SMP that heavily emphasizes science courses.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for all the help everyone! I just wanted to update that I retook the MCAT in August and received my score back today, which was a 518. Do you think that'd change my chances for any other schools?

It's a SMP that heavily emphasizes science courses.

Your chances are definitely up with that MCAT score. Apply to all Texas schools. What did you change in your studies/strategies to get a nice Mcat score like that?

Your chances are definitely up with that MCAT score. Apply to all Texas schools. What did you change in your studies/strategies to get a nice Mcat score like that?

Thanks for your reply! I actually made the poor choice not to study on my first take of the MCAT and in this last round I enrolled in a prep course in June (as a part of my SMP) and on top of the course material and "homework", I did extra practice questions from the AAMC's material and took a total of 4-5 practice exams including the two AAMC FLs.

I'm a WCUCOM OMS-4. Definitely keep WCUCOM on your list, we've got quite a few in our classes from Texas. I personally have little issue with the school and felt pretty well prepared, but check out some of the threads on here and read the opinions of some of the other students.