Help pls about romanian university

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yng4life

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am intending to study medecine in romania this year but i am having problems in deciding whether to go to Cluj Napoca or Oradea...can anyone tell me which one has the best reputation and which ones course is of better level..I have also been told that romania would be entering europe in 2007 and that the degree would be recognised in the EU..Is that true...
Help pls concerning Cluj Napoca or Oradea

Members don't see this ad.

yng4life said:
i am intending to study medecine in romania this year but i am having problems in deciding whether to go to Cluj Napoca or Oradea...can anyone tell me which one has the best reputation and which ones course is of better level..I have also been told that romania would be entering europe in 2007 and that the degree would be recognised in the EU..Is that true...
Help pls concerning Cluj Napoca or Oradea

Regarding EU entry:

Romania has been promised entry in 2007 (though, the European Commission has the option of delaying the entry for a year). Once Romania has entered the EU, the degree should be recognized, provided that the Romanian government meets the EU directives.

However, getting your degree recognized is not quite that simple. If you do not have EU citizenship or residency rights, you will probably be required to take additional tests (such as the PLAB in Britain) in order to gain registration. See the map at the GMC. Without EU rights, you'll find that getting a work permit can be problematic. Note also, that at the moment the competition for junior grade spots (in Britain for instance) is very intense.

Also, keep in mind, that unless you are fluent in languages other than English, your options will be limited to the UK and Ireland.

Miklos

ok thks...can anyone take a look on the course description at cluj napoca and tell me if according to what is written , the course would be of good standard... they were also saying that the degree is recognised by Dundee university in Ireland as the prof were send in ireland to follow a course before starting the english medium course...is that possible and is it true...
http://www.umfcluj.ro/english/Medicine/Coursesdescription.htm

Members don't see this ad :)
yng4life said:
ok thks...can anyone take a look on the course description at cluj napoca and tell me if according to what is written , the course would be of good standard... they were also saying that the degree is recognised by Dundee university in Ireland as the prof were send in ireland to follow a course before starting the english medium course...is that possible and is it true...
http://www.umfcluj.ro/english/Medicine/Coursesdescription.htm

The European recognition of the degree depends less on the medical school itself (unless one takes less than six years to complete it) and more on the Romanian government making sure that all Romanian medical schools comply with the relevant EU directives and communicating this with their counterparts in other European countries (like the GMC in Britain).

Looks like no Fed loans for Romania :scared: