Help me help someone with ivermectin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should just lock everything down for 2weeks. It is the least costly way to get through this in terms of lives, suffering, and money. Then kids and teachers can return to school with testing. Of course it won’t happen because freedumbz.

My nephew attends a fancy junior prep school in New England. He’s still at home in DC because all the flights from DC to Hartford were cancelled this past week. It doesn’t matter anyway because all the classes were cancelled due to 50/240 students testing positive and many teachers also out sick.

Would need to be worldwide and can still have animal vectors

Members don't see this ad.

But getting everyone vaccinated is a nonstarter….. because it trample on peoples rights?! Com’on. Because the science is not there?! This is common sense stuff. I feel bad for all these kids who basically wasted two years of their lives, because the adults can’t get it done.
How is this related to vaccination? presumably the teachers are vaccinated
My nephew attends a fancy junior prep school in New England. He’s still at home in DC because all the flights from DC to Hartford were cancelled this past week. It doesn’t matter anyway because all the classes were cancelled due to 50/240 students testing positive and many teachers also out sick.
Who's to blame here? The teachers that are vaccinated? the students that probably aren't? what's the point of closing down classes? It dones't make any sense

For me, the biggest teaching point of this thread (and most covid/political threads) for the past few years is that you can't assume someone who has been a member of this site for 15+ years is an attending, maybe not even a resident. What in the world did I just read.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Who's to blame here? The teachers that are vaccinated? the students that probably aren't? what's the point of closing down classes? It dones't make any sense

I’m not assigning blame. The kids are vaxxed. They’re all 12+, many are from Asia and the school requires it since they are 90%+ boarders. They can’t have classes because half the teachers are out sick. It was unrealistic of them to try to reopen school in the midst of a surge.

Reactions: 1 user
I find it hard to believe that some of you are actual doctors
Politics has entered into this topic making discussion more about which way you lean than the science. I think we will survive Covid 19 through multiple channels:

1. Vaccination
2. Exposure (we will all be exposed at some point)
3. Annual Covid shot in the Fall like we do for Influenza

This process will take 3 more years, maybe 2, to work itself out. Politically, I lean towards freedom of choice even if that choice is a bad one. The SCOTUS ruling due out this month will let us know whether the annual Covid shot is going to be mandatory for all healthcare workers. Only religious or medical exemptions will be permitted to avoid vaccination and even then, some institutions may not grant them.

As for Ivermectin I know people who have taken it for Omicron. I think a 4th shot is the most effective method to avoid becoming symptomatic with Omicron but those with 3 shots have been doing quite well in terms of symptoms/recovery for the most part. Moderna most likely provides the best protection against Omicron.

I’m not assigning blame. The kids are vaxxed. They’re all 12+, many are from Asia and the school requires it since they are 90%+ boarders. They can’t have classes because half the teachers are out sick. It was unrealistic of them to try to reopen school in the midst of a surge.
Ok i was refering to @IMGASMD who said kids had lost 2y of their lives because adults couldn't get it done (which i assume means getting vaccinated) and quoting your post as proof.

Politics has entered into this topic making discussion more about which way you lean than the science. I think we will survive Covid 19 through multiple channels:

1. Vaccination

This process will take 3 more years, maybe 2, to work itself out. Politically, I lean towards freedom of choice even if that choice is a bad one. The SCOTUS ruling due out this month will let us know whether the annual Covid shot is going to be mandatory for all healthcare workers. Only religious or medical exemptions will be permitted to avoid vaccination and even then, some institutions may not grant them.

As for Ivermectin I know people who have taken it for Omicron. I think a 4th shot is the most effective method to avoid becoming symptomatic with Omicron but those with 3 shots have been doing quite well in terms of symptoms/recovery for the most part. Moderna most likely provides the best protection against Omicron.

About freedom? You know who made it political? Republicans and conservative pundits on fox news. People who decry vaccinations and got sick from covid while pumping up pseudoscience but secretly get the vaccine. We've been taking vaccines just fine for years until people decided that they knew better than doctors and then we had a bunch of kids get measles and mumps for no reason. Now we have hundreds of thousands of people catching and dying from covid. There is almost no good reason to avoid vaccination and frankly, I'm tired of this whole pandemic with the mask wearing, mass hysteria, science denying bull****.

Ivermectin is bull**** just like plaquenil was bull**** and I can't believe people are still trying to make it into a discussion as if it was a real solution.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

1. Vaccination

Religious exemptions are nonsense. The pope himself said the vaccine is ok.

Pope has enter the conversation…..

When you have the Catholics actually promoting science, rather than some rhetoric or conspiracy….. you people are nuts.

Reactions: 1 users
1641819418663.png

There is still a divide over religious exemptions from the vaccine​

Whether religious exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccine should be allowed resulted in a more divided array of answers. Just 39% of Americans support a blanket religious exemption excuse, meaning that anyone who says the vaccine is against their faith doesn't have to get it.

But 51% of Americans are in favor of granting a religious exemption if the person has documentation from a faith leader saying that the vaccine goes against their religious beliefs.

Judging 'sincerely held' religious belief is tricky for employers mandating vaccines

RELIGION

Judging 'sincerely held' religious belief is tricky for employers mandating vaccines

Interestingly, if the question was posed in the context of the government mandating vaccinations, 58% of Americans say people should be allowed to have religious exemptions from the vaccine.

Toxic Effects from Ivermectin Use Associated with Prevention and Treatment of Covid-19​

About freedom? You know who made it political? Republicans and conservative pundits on fox news. People who decry vaccinations and got sick from covid while pumping up pseudoscience but secretly get the vaccine. We've been taking vaccines just fine for years until people decided that they knew better than doctors and then we had a bunch of kids get measles and mumps for no reason. Now we have hundreds of thousands of people catching and dying from covid. There is almost no good reason to avoid vaccination and frankly, I'm tired of this whole pandemic with the mask wearing, mass hysteria, science denying bull****.

Ivermectin is bull**** just like plaquenil was bull**** and I can't believe people are still trying to make it into a discussion as if it was a real solution.

Members don't see this ad :)
No problem. As long as you take Naprosyn instead of Motrin and avoid Tylenol then most can sign this form. Instead of Lipitor use Crestor, Instead of Prilosec use Pepcid (H2 blocker) or another proton pump inhibitor. IMHO, it is very easy to sign this form and conform to its legal intention by avoiding those drugs specifically mentioned on the list.

No problem. As long as you take Naprosyn instead of Motrin and avoid Tylenol then most can sign this form. Instead of Lipitor use Crestor, Instead of Prilosec use Pepcid (H2 blocker) or another proton pump inhibitor. IMHO, it is very easy to sign this form and conform to its legal intention by avoiding those drugs specifically mentioned on the list.

That's not the point, the point is that people are saying some bs that isn't consistent for their fake reason to be an antivaxxer. If it's just because of your politics, just say so. Don't make up nonsense that makes no sense.

Reactions: 9 users

Religious beliefs and opinions are based on faith. They don’t have to be rational or consistent. They often are not which is why it is impossible to debate religion. The religious exemption is basically a get of of jail free card. That’s why it’s okay not to educate your kids beyond 8th grade based on religion.

Reactions: 2 users
That's not the point, the point is that people are saying some bs that isn't consistent for their fake reason to be an antivaxxer. If it's just because of your politics, just say so. Don't make up nonsense that makes no sense.
Yep suddenly religious objection appears for only this vaccine but not when they need icu care that violates all of these religious beliefs. A bunch of horse****.

Reactions: 6 users
If anyone would like a detailed analysis of some ivermectin papers, then this youtube link does a good job. John Campbell has been a decent source of Covid statistics, but he has got a soft spot for ivermectin. After watching this video, John Campbell totally misunderstood the studies he thought leant some support to ivermectin in the treatment of Covid.

One interesting thing was that ivermectin physiologically cannot come close to reaching a blood concentration high enough to have the same protease inhibitor effect that Paxlovid uses.

Last edited:
Pandemic ends when it is accepted that COViD is now endemic. The vaccine works to prevent serious illness and so does survival from a natural infection. I hope we all agree that people are still getting COVID even when they have been vaccinated 3x and had a previous infection which means a silver bullet doesn’t exist and we should be increasing our focus on therapeutics and not hoping for cures that don’t exist.
What percentage of these vaccinated patients actually end up in the ICU though?

"
The European Union's drug regulator on Tuesday expressed doubts about the need for a fourth booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine and said there is currently no data to support this approach as it seeks more data on the fast-spreading Omicron variant.

"While use of additional boosters can be part of contingency plans, repeated vaccinations within short intervals would not represent a sustainable long-term strategy," the European Medicines Agency's Head of Vaccines Strategy, Marco Cavaleri, told a media briefing.

The EMA official raised concerns that a strategy of giving boosters every four months hypothetically poses the risk of overloading people's immune systems and leading to fatigue in the population."

The EMA are now according to some peoples definition "Antivaxxers"

Oh S..t the WHO is too:

"
To that aim, COVID-19 vaccines need to:

• be based on strains that are genetically and antigenically close to the circulating SARS-CoV-2 variant(s);
  • in addition to protection against severe disease and death, be more effective in protection against infection thus lowering community transmission and the need for stringent and broad reaching public health and social measures;
  • elicit immune responses that are broad, strong, and long-lasting in order to reduce the need for successive booster doses.

But i thought we didn't need that
:ninja:

Hmm I was thinking of fourth boost this weekend since I’m off, but is it even worth the suffering? Seems like omicron is mutated enough that antibodies aren’t the neutralizing machine against it. It’s the T cell response that’s beneficial?

Pandemic ends when it is accepted that COViD is now endemic. The vaccine works to prevent serious illness and so does survival from a natural infection. I hope we all agree that people are still getting COVID even when they have been vaccinated 3x and had a previous infection which means a silver bullet doesn’t exist and we should be increasing our focus on therapeutics and not hoping for cures that don’t exist.

Serious question. At what point do we stop testing? Get the vaccine, boosters, wear a mask if you want, and move on with life. Do we test forever and stay out of work and keep schools closed during these inevitable variants? I think the highly transmissibility and mildness of Omicron has changed a lot of people’s views on this. The ever changing CDC guidance is helping to win people over either.

Serious question. At what point do we stop testing? Get the vaccine, boosters, wear a mask if you want, and move on with life. Do we test forever and stay out of work and keep schools closed during these inevitable variants? I think the highly transmissibility and mildness of Omicron has changed a lot of people’s views on this. The ever changing CDC guidance is helping to win people over either.
Mildness? I guess you haven’t gotten it.

I do see/agree with your point. It’s so ubiquitous at this point, why bother?

1. I still can/will blame all those anti-vaxxers, i firmly believe if we actually achieved herd immunity months ago, we wouldn’t be here again.
2. I guess you haven’t see the latest numbers. 150K hospitalized, and 19 states with less than 15% icu beds available. I haven’t step into our ED recently, certainly don’t want to. See point 1, this is all “possibly” preventable. We will never know.
3. I find it hilarious that less than 1% of Mayo workers quit/fired because of mandate. Or there’s a spike in vaccination when Canada (Quebec?) introduce a fine for unvaccinated people for putting health care system under more stress. If it really means that much to you, then pay the fine, or quit your job. Obviously, not.
4. Oh and natural immunity ain’t working 100% either, the first guy who died of Omicron had COVID before. I know of people who is antibody positive in early 2020, triple vaccinated and still got Omicron. This is not to knock the vaccine, it’s actual FOR vaccinations. If they haven’t been vaccinated, they may be dead! Dead, finished, no more, finito.
5. All the Anti-vaxxers haven’t acknowledged that vaccine HELPS. Look at the ICU data! No vaccine is 100% preventative, it’s not a ****ing cure either. But here we are. On a professional physicians heavy message board, arguing that we should just give up and let those who will get it…. (they will eventually get it anyway…) because vaccine violates my rights and freedoms.

I leaned in my government class, there are “responsibilities” that I have to adhere to which then gives me my rights and freedom.

• Love
Mildness? I guess you haven’t gotten it.

I do see/agree with your point. It’s so ubiquitous at this point, why bother?

1. I still can/will blame all those anti-vaxxers, i firmly believe if we actually achieved herd immunity months ago, we wouldn’t be here again.
2. I guess you haven’t see the latest numbers. 150K hospitalized, and 19 states with less than 15% icu beds available. I haven’t step into our ED recently, certainly don’t want to. See point 1, this is all “possibly” preventable. We will never know.
3. I find it hilarious that less than 1% of Mayo workers quit/fired because of mandate. Or there’s a spike in vaccination when Canada (Quebec?) introduce a fine for unvaccinated people for putting health care system under more stress. If it really means that much to you, then pay the fine, or quit your job. Obviously, not.
4. Oh and natural immunity ain’t working 100% either, the first guy who died of Omicron had COVID before. I know of people who is antibody positive in early 2020, triple vaccinated and still got Omicron. This is not to knock the vaccine, it’s actual FOR vaccinations. If they haven’t been vaccinated, they may be dead! Dead, finished, no more, finito.
5. All the Anti-vaxxers haven’t acknowledged that vaccine HELPS. Look at the ICU data! No vaccine is 100% preventative, it’s not a ****ing cure either. But here we are. On a professional physicians heavy message board, arguing that we should just give up and let those who will get it…. (they will eventually get it anyway…) because vaccine violates my rights and freedoms.

I leaned in my government class, there are “responsibilities” that I have to adhere to which then gives me my rights and freedom.

I had it 3 weeks ago; runny nose and scratchy throat for 48 hours, out of work for a week. Definitely the most mild cold ive ever had. Huge number of my company has been out of work past several weeks due to Omicron, same symptoms, all vaccinated/boosted. If the vaccine protects against severe covid, let those who want to get the shot get it and at some point its time to stop testing and try to get back to some sense of normalcy again.

I had it 3 weeks ago; runny nose and scratchy throat for 48 hours, out of work for a week. Definitely the most mild cold ive ever had. Huge number of my company has been out of work past several weeks due to Omicron, same symptoms, all vaccinated/boosted. If the vaccine protects against severe covid, let those who want to get the shot get it and at some point its time to stop testing and try to get back to some sense of normalcy again.
Very different experience here. Have a few youngish partners (40s) who caught it. Tiredness, fatigue, persisting coughing, shortness of breath, low grade fever a week or two out.

I am not welling to take those chances; I don’t believe your patients should either.

For whatever reason, this “mild” disease is still killing 2000 Americans/day which is like 9/11 every day. But at least we’ve gotten used to it so we can say f*** it.

Reactions: 6 users
If the vaccine protects against severe covid, let those who want to get the shot get it and at some point its time to stop testing and try to get back to some sense of normalcy again.
First off, stop this bull**** trolling "IF THE VACCINE PROTECTS AGAINST SEVERE COVID" of course it does, we all know it does, you're on a forum of physicians and scientists, stop pretending there's any question about "IF" it does. Take that whiny wishy-washy concern-troll "both sides" I'm-not-sure-what-to-believe handwringing "IF" bull**** straight out of here.

The mRNA vaccines are marvelously effective at preventing severe disease, including the omicron variant.

Second, I'd be fine with your proposal, if we required vaccine passports to get into a hospital that's currently exceeding some threshold census. If you're unvaccinated and the hospital has under 10% empty beds (to pull a reasonable number out of the air) then you should be turned away to happily recover from COVID or die choking on your pulmonary secretions at home. The Campbell's Soup aisle is thataway and Tractor Supply has tubes of ivermectin paste in the horse aisle, GTFO.

The problem is that the antivaxxers all change their tune and want extra prayers and a full court press for a monthlong ICU stay when they get sick, because suddenly the realization that it's real seeps through even their thick skulls. And they don't want to die.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
First off, stop this bull**** trolling "IF THE VACCINE PROTECTS AGAINST SEVERE COVID" of course it does, we all know it does, you're on a forum of physicians and scientists, stop pretending there's any question about "IF" it does. Take that whiny wishy-washy concern-troll "both sides" I'm-not-sure-what-to-believe handwringing "IF" bull**** straight out of here.

The mRNA vaccines are marvelously effective at preventing severe disease, including the omicron variant.

Second, I'd be fine with your proposal, if we required vaccine passports to get into a hospital that's currently exceedinh some threshold census. If you're unvaccinated and the hospital has under 10% empty beds (to pull a reasonable number out of the air) then you should be turned away to happily recover from COVID or die choking on your pulmonary secretions at home. The Campbell's Soup aisle is thataway and Tractor Supply has tubes of ivermectin paste in the horse aisle, GTFO.

The problem is that the antivaxxers all change their tune and want extra prayers and a full court press for a monthlong ICU stay when they get sick, because suddenly the realization that it's real seeps through even their thick skulls. And they don't want to die.
I would only addend vaccine passport needed if the er waiting room is past a threshold too. I had to send a pt with lymphoma and chf exacerbation to the er where she sat in a waiting room for 4 hours struggling with pulmonary edema on 3x her oxygen prescription because of the droves of omicron sitting in there.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
I would only addend vaccine passport needed if the er waiting room is past a threshold too. I had to send a pt with lymphoma and chf exacerbation to the er where she sat in a waiting room for 4 hours struggling with pulmonary edema on 3x her oxygen prescription because of the droves of omicron sitting in there.
And then she gets Covid. Poor patient.
I hate antivaxxers. I hate the Covid ICU which is full of them of course. I wish they didn’t linger for weeks on end and just all hurried up and died quickly like bacterial sepsis.
The only ones I feel bad for are the vaccinated ones. And not the J and J one shot ones either. Everyone else is just sucking up resources.
This job has become such a drag due to Covid.

Second, I'd be fine with your proposal, if we required vaccine passports to get into a hospital that's currently exceeding some threshold census. If you're unvaccinated and the hospital has under 10% empty beds (to pull a reasonable number out of the air) then you should be turned away to happily recover from COVID or die choking on your pulmonary secretions at home. The Campbell's Soup aisle is thataway and Tractor Supply has tubes of ivermectin paste in the horse aisle, GTFO.

Stop your BS. Vaccine passports in order
to triage healthcare. I have tubed 3 vaccinated and boosted pts this week…all very unhealthy and overweight. They get a bed over an unvaxed mother of 4.

Sorry poor choice of words on my part. I wasnt trying to troll or call into question the efficacy of the vaccine, im all for it. Genuinely just curious what people’s thoughts were on testing. I’ll see my way out :)

. I have tubed 3 vaccinated and boosted pts this week…all very unhealthy and overweight. They get a bed over an unvaxed mother of 4.
]
Cool anecdote and all but this is what the reality looks like as far as who's clogging up hospitals

Screenshot_20220114-095520_Chrome Beta.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Israel the poster child for gene therapy would disagree with this statement.
I'm not surprised you're unaware of the fact that Israel isn't really that much more vaxxed as a percentage of population compared to a bunch of other countries

Screenshot_20220114-100020_Chrome Beta.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Israel the poster child for gene therapy would disagree with this statement.

Number of ICU admissions is useless without breaking down characteristics of the patients that are in the ICU. Also, I find "ICU admission" to be a rather odd metric, as it can vary rather wildly between hospitals what constitutes ICU level of care.

The curves for France and Spain are similar with 80% jabbed Portugal might be a little better for now with their 90%.
70% of people hospitalized in ICUs in France are unvaccinated.

70% of people hospitalized in ICUs in France are unvaccinated.
I saw 50%... but when you take out the highly vaccinated population of people over 75 that don't get admitted to the icu and the 20-40 that rarely do your numbers don't look so peachy.

I saw 50%... but when you take out the highly vaccinated population of people over 75 that don't get admitted to the icu and the 20-40 that rarely do your numbers don't look so peachy.
I don't understand what the antivax gobbledygook you just wrote means.

Anyway, it's 70%

"Health Minister Olivier Veran on Wednesday defended a government plan to allow only the fully vaccinated to enjoy continued access to places such as restaurants, cinemas, theaters, museums, and sports arenas. The pass will also be required on long-distance trains and domestic flights.

Veran said at a parliamentary hearing that the record number of infections means that more than two French people are testing positive every second for COVID-19. Veran estimated that about 10% of the French population has been in contact recently with a person infected with the virus.

Speaking to those not vaccinated, he said: “There is really little chance that this time you can escape (COVID-19): The virus is spreading too fast.” Veran said that in Paris public hospitals, 70% of people hospitalized in intensive care units aren’t vaccinated."

I don't understand what the antivax gobbledygook you just wrote means.
How conviently you shut down that big brain of yours. And GTFO with your antivax BS the only anti anything was your mother with the day after pill.
I've had a full vaccination schedule + HepB as a med student, Yellow fever and Covid x2. I and others are not anti vaccine we are anti BS.
Anyway, it's 70%
Do you read what you quote?
It's say IN PARIS 70%... in France it's 50.

• Inappropriate
How conviently you shut down that big brain of yours. And GTFO with your antivax BS the only anti anything was your mother with the day after pill.
I've had a full vaccination schedule + HepB as a med student, Yellow fever and Covid x2. I and others are not anti vaccine we are anti BS.

Do you read what you quote?
It's say IN PARIS 70%... in France it's 50.
Lol, you've done nothing but spew your dumbfck concern trolling about masks and vaccines since the pandemic started. And you continued to spew nonsense even when the percentage hospitalized worldwide was 90% unvaccinated. And you continued spewing despite the data that the risk of hospitalization was 10x in the unvaccinated. And then you falsely downplayed the situation in your own country as if no one was able to easily check that you're full of sht and in direct contradiction to what your own newsmedia and president and health minister were saying.

You see, no one cares what shots you may or may not have personally received because you spend every ounce of energy perpetually. spreading. misinformation. Ultimately, you are an antivaxxer through and through hiding behind some poorly formed pseudointellectual critique of which you and the rest of your ilk are either too stupid to understand its errors or too dishonest to care.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.