Hello! Husband was just accepted to med school

D

deleted953896

Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My husband just got his medical school acceptance today! Yikes. I’m happy and proud of him but also I’m fearing whatever is in store for me! Please help me through it.
We’ve been married 10 years and we have a five year old son. He’s in the national guard and will become an army doctor for part of his career somehow. We own a house. I work. We’re not moving or anything. Not sure what I need to know or mentally prepare for.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
His situation sounds ideal. Y'all are in for a shock with the work load and long hours. But congratulations, you really have more reason to celebrate than to worry or prepare!

Reactions: 2 users
For most people it's tough but doable. Doing it with kids is a bit tougher but you'll be fine. Congrats and good luck

Congrats... I suppose you will do well. Try to have some special time, even minutes, everyday. A small talk, a coffee, some gossip will keep the love standing. Your husband will need a lot of time to work and study. Please show him empathy.