Have you ever felt dizzy after an exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mecidimes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, MS1 here, currently in Neuroscience. Earlier this week, I took one of the hardest exams I have ever taken in a class. I ended up doing fine, but ever since that exam I have been feeling dizzy and lightheaded. I went to a GP who did a neurological exam on me, and he said everything was normal.

However, I then went to speak to a psychiatrist (I was feeling really depressed after the exam), and he was able to address my emotional troubles but could not offer an explanation for my dizziness. He told me to see a neurologist if it persists for more than a couple of weeks.

The problem is, I am having trouble concentrating on studying, or anything for that matter, because of this head trouble. My head feels heavy and my mind feels like it is swimming in sludge. My diet is excellent, I exercise every day, I keep a regular 8-hr sleep schedule, I drink 3 cups of coffee every morning (been doing that for about a year), and I am actually not feeling depressed at all right now. And it takes months to get a neurologist appointment here; I can't wait that long.

Have you ever experienced something like this in medical school? Can you offer some advice or explanation for what is happening? I have no preexisting medical conditions other than an understandable amount of anxiety.

Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated. I truly have no idea what to do about this.

Members don't see this ad.

Old friend had this happen to him

and then 2 weeks later he was dead.

Hope this helps,

-TBV

Reactions: 11 users
Hey everyone, MS1 here, currently in Neuroscience. Earlier this week, I took one of the hardest exams I have ever taken in a class. I ended up doing fine, but ever since that exam I have been feeling dizzy and lightheaded. I went to a GP who did a neurological exam on me, and he said everything was normal.

However, I then went to speak to a psychiatrist (I was feeling really depressed after the exam), and he was able to address my emotional troubles but could not offer an explanation for my dizziness. He told me to see a neurologist if it persists for more than a couple of weeks.

The problem is, I am having trouble concentrating on studying, or anything for that matter, because of this head trouble. My head feels heavy and my mind feels like it is swimming in sludge. My diet is excellent, I exercise every day, I keep a regular 8-hr sleep schedule, I drink 3 cups of coffee every morning (been doing that for about a year), and I am actually not feeling depressed at all right now. And it takes months to get a neurologist appointment here; I can't wait that long.

Have you ever experienced something like this in medical school? Can you offer some advice or explanation for what is happening? I have no preexisting medical conditions other than an understandable amount of anxiety.

Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated. I truly have no idea what to do about this.
SDN is not a place for medical or psychiatric advice. Sorry bro, but we can't help you. Only possible non-medical explanation would be that you're anxious and potentially hyperventilating during your exam, and don't realize it until you are finished and notice that you're dizzy.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have never felt dizzy after an exam in my life.

Old friend had this happen to him

and then 2 weeks later he was dead.

Hope this helps,

-TBV
I literally laughed out loud.

Reactions: 1 user
Your immune system takes a hit when you are stressed. You sure it wasn't a cold?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Get a neurology appointment asap, see if you can get some connections through your school

Reactions: 3 users