Have you ever dated outside your race or religion?

Wife raised on a small French Polynesian island in the middle of the pacific....I was raised in a log cabin out in the ozarks.....both converts now so religion is a wash.

She has our kids speaking Tahitian / French...no clue what they say when they three-ways-to-hell mad at me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Wife raised on a small French Polynesian island in the middle of the pacific....I was raised in a log cabin out in the ozarks.....both converts now so religion is a wash.

She has our kids speaking Tahitian / French...no clue what they say when they three-ways-to-hell mad at me.
Which island? I have visited several of the islands of FP and have very goods friends living on a few.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rurutu is where she was raised.

Of course she has other family members living on Moorea / Tahiti / and the such.
Oh, okay. I have not been down in the Austral Islands...yet. ;) I've heard the whale watching on Rurutu is absolutely spectacular! I've only visited islands in the Society and the Tuamotus. Have several friends on Moorea, and some on Huahine and Fakarava. Hopefully you get to go to the Islands to visit sometime, if you have not already. Fantastic place to visit and fantastic people living there!

Reactions: 1 user
Here in Hawaii, a differing/multi-ethnic SO is pretty much standard. Of the women I've been with, less than 3% have been my exact ethnicity.

I never had a GF :(

Not missing much. Just get you a good FWB, much better.
Currently have one. I like it. I think once i move back home it could be a regular thing and I'd he pretty content with that.

Currently have one. I like it. I think once i move back home it could be a regular thing and I'd he pretty content with that.
It’s nice to have companionship when you want it, and no one dragging you down when you’re busy with work, school whatever.

In light of the thread (already talked about myself and Tahitian wife):

Younger sibling (27) is married to a Tongan from Nuku’alofa...Both same religious standards but when they fight, she wins.

Tongans are awesome. Fought along side some Tongan Marines in Taji.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a couple times and had no more issues that with anyone else. I think this type of thing often comes down to the how the parents feel or react more than the people actually in the relationship.

Not been in a relationship with but I have actually predominately been out with non-white or non-American guys. Personally, I find it more appealing..? The culture of the natives around here is kind of... very passive... and it doesn't complement me very well.

My partner is latino. I've mostly dated people who aren't white and I'm white. I have, in particular, found white men to be boring and just not really worth my time lol. I'm not religious at all (extended family is catholic but I consider myself atheist) and have also dated mostly atheists, though I dated a mormon for a bit in HS. And went to prom (a million years ago) with a black mormon :laugh:
I don't think I could be with anyone who was very religious or conservative

Interesting thoughts in this thread.

I remember being 18 and asking out this chick.

She said yes, but told me a few days later that her father wanted us to stay out of the town she’s from (so as not to be seen with a member outside her religious group). I thought this was odd, but didn’t care.

A couple more days later she said her mother ‘required’ our mutual (male) friend, who was also a member of their religious group, to go with us. She explicitly cited religious differences. Needless to say, I bailed out.

I’m from a very progressive area of the country, went through a diverse school system, and was always told by my parents I could date whoever I wanted. It came as a total shock to me that the attitudes I experienced even existed.

White woman married to a Mexican-American man. He was originally Catholic when I started dating him but went to full-on atheist.

I have dated outside of my race but he could not let his family know my ethnicity. I didn't meet his family because he would be dis-inherited. It was a very real possibility that I would never be accepted by his family and even worse, that he might be disowned or at least never spoken to again because he wanted to marry me. Now, I guess he is at peace knowing that it didn't work out. Btw, that's just one of them. The others were kind of "OK".

NeedToStudy said:
I don't have anything against my own race and religion but I'm not really a religious person and I find it makes me incompatible with most girls with my background. Most of the women I've asked out are white or hispanic although I did have a crush on an african-american woman. So how about you all? What have been your experiences with dating outside of your race or religion?
Why does your partner's race or religion matter? Just curious. My experience has been that if two people are meant to be, then these kinds of things don't matter--they find a way to compromise, and celebrate holidays/traditions/cultural values in an equal or somewhat equal way.

Race is not a problem for me but I am not so sure for the Religion as it is quiet crucial for others.

I have dated outside of my race but he could not let his family know my ethnicity. I didn't meet his family because he would be dis-inherited. It was a very real possibility that I would never be accepted by his family and even worse, that he might be disowned or at least never spoken to again because he wanted to marry me. Now, I guess he is at peace knowing that it didn't work out. Btw, that's just one of them. The others were kind of "OK".
Out of curiosity, to what end? Where did you think that relationship would go

I married a woman who had never seen Star Wars and still doesn’t really like... so anything is possible.

I once went out with a girl who on the first date told me she liked Star Wars, but that also included the prequels which were “underrated and get way more hate than they deserve.” She also had the nerve to suggest we SHARE a dessert instead of ordering our own individually (WTF)!

I should have seen it at the time, but this foreshadowed a bunch of other obviously maladapted behaviors such as putting ketchup on her eggs or preferring snowboarding to skiing.

Still together 6 years later, got married last year.