Has anyone heard of Golden Gate University's JD/MBA program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noodletw

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or known anyone who has gone through Golden Gate University's JD/MBA program? How is their JD/MBA program (is it known in the law or business world, etc.)? Is it worth to go through it considering that I already have a professional degree in the healthcare field but just want to get a degree in law or business to possibly open up some doors in the future. Thank you in advance for your comment and information.

Members don't see this ad.

noodletw said:
Has anyone heard of or known anyone who has gone through Golden Gate University's JD/MBA program? How is their JD/MBA program (is it known in the law or business world, etc.)? Is it worth to go through it considering that I already have a professional degree in the healthcare field but just want to get a degree in law or business to possibly open up some doors in the future. Thank you in advance for your comment and information.

Hihi!

Well, I usually don't post in this forum at all (first time actually), but I'll throw in my 2 cents. I don't wanna sound mean or anything, but I'm from this area and Golden Gate is regarded as a horrible school. It is Tier 4 in law school (the lowest ranking possible), and its MBA isn't that impressive either. I notice a lot of people on this forum tend to think an MBA is important. The truth of the matter is where you get your MBA is even more important. It's definately NOT like medical school, and some MBAs from certain schools are totally worthless because it's perceived as a trash degree. Even the University of Phoenix offers an MBA, which nobody takes seriously. Before you think about getting another degree, I'd seriously think about where it's coming from. Unlike in medicine, for law and business the name and reputation of your school does matter a lot. Some companies or firms won't even hire anyone from a school without a minimum ranking (I see this in law firms a lot). Just some food for thought.

In law and business, the institution makes a HUGE difference. However, if you are going just for the education and don't really care about job prospects afterward, it might matter a little less. The education is usually better at the top schools though.

Top law grads look at grads from lower tiered schools the way that many MDs look at Chiros (not wanting to start one of those wars, just stating fact). It is similar in the business world.