Hampton University's Masters in Medical Science 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone that received an acceptance letter. I know of one person that interviewed with me 2 Friday’s ago that got an acceptance letter last Friday. I am still waiting on my response. He said 1-2 weeks. This Friday makes 2 weeks!

Members don't see this ad.

Created an account just to respond. I’m currently waiting on my recommendation letters before mailing out my application. Fell in love with this program at Graduate College Day! Praying I can get in!

Created an account just to respond. I’m currently waiting on my recommendation letters before mailing out my application. Fell in love with this program at Graduate College Day! Praying I can get in!

Good luck with everything!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I decided to join in on this thread. I've been accepted as well. I am currently looking at apartments, and possible on campus employment opportunities. A current student suggested Hampton Center Apts, Marcella, and the Pinnacle, but they are on the pricey side. I plan to visit Hampton center and 2 other options near the end of the month. Good luck to everyone applying, and congrats to everyone that's been accepted thus far !

Hey everyone, I decided to join in on this thread. I've been accepted as well. I am currently looking at apartments, and possible on campus employment opportunities. A current student suggested Hampton Center Apts, Marcella, and the Pinnacle, but they are on the pricey side. I plan to visit Hampton center and 2 other options near the end of the month. Good luck to everyone applying, and congrats to everyone that's been accepted thus far !
Congrats on your acceptance!! :)

Congratulations!!! That’s awesome news!!!

What was the timeline like for you if you don’t mind sharing?

What was the timeline like for you if you don’t mind sharing?
Thank you!! I actually had my application deferred from attempting to apply the last cycle. I had to call them to remind them of that. Once I did, I then received the online questionaire, and was invited to do an interview 2 weeks later. I did the interview the next week, and I received the acceptance letter 3 weeks after the interview.

Last edited:
Thank you!! I actually had my application deferred from attempting to apply the last cycle. I had to call them to remind them of that. Once I did, I then received the online questionaire, and was invited to do an interview 2 weeks later. I did the interview the next week, and I received the acceptance letter 3 weeks after the interview.
That’s great! Congratulations once again!

Congrats on the acceptance!!

I did a little research into the area as well and noticed the same thing you did regarding price. Some other students recommended looking at complexes in the Newport news area. I personally liked the Commonwealth complex a lot myself, but it's still in the same price range. That's of course if you don't mind a little longer commute.

Congrats on the acceptance!!

I did a little research into the area as well and noticed the same thing you did regarding price. Some other students recommended looking at complexes in the Newport news area. I personally liked the Commonwealth complex a lot myself, but it's still in the same price range. That's of course if you don't mind a little longer commute.

Thank you! Congrats to you as well!
I just checked out commonwealth. It is a little ways away, but I've done about a half hour commute to school before. It looks pretty nice, so I'll schedule a visit there as well when I visit the others.

Thank you! Congrats to you as well!
I just checked out commonwealth. It is a little ways away, but I've done about a half hour commute to school before. It looks pretty nice, so I'll schedule a visit there as well when I visit the others.

And if you or any other accepted students/ applicants would like to start a groupme (shout out NSU2DDS lol) just pm me, that way we'll be able to spread information a little quickly and conveniently!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an invite to interview with them (my heart just about dropped lol) and I was just wondering what kind of questions were asked for those who have interviewed? How long was the interview? I like to kind of prepare myself mentally beforehand.

I got an invite to interview with them (my heart just about dropped lol) and I was just wondering what kind of questions were asked for those who have interviewed? How long was the interview? I like to kind of prepare myself mentally beforehand.
Congratulations!!! I got an interview tooo!!! I’m super excited

This would be helpful!

Congrats to all! I got a personal interview as well! Hope to see all of you guys there!

Just got an email that interviews have been moved to the 27th of April...

Just got an email that interviews have been moved to the 27th of April...
Yeah I got that too which really sucks because I’ve already made accommodations and trying to cancel anything would cost me hundreds of dollars.

Hey congrats on the invite for an interview!! Sorry to hear about the rescheduling, but at least you have more time to prepare!!

For as the interview, it's really laid back. Mine started with just me and Mr. Druitt talking for a bit then I interviewed with some students currently in the program. They asked your basic questions Such as "Why hampton" and "what do you think this program has to offer you". But very chill and conversation like through out the entire process. The whole thing lasted about 2 hours roughly. Hope this helps! If you have anymore specific questions feel free to pm me

Reactions: 3 users
Hey congrats on the invite for an interview!! Sorry to hear about the rescheduling, but at least you have more time to prepare!!

For as the interview, it's really laid back. Mine started with just me and Mr. Druitt talking for a bit then I interviewed with some students currently in the program. They asked your basic questions Such as "Why hampton" and "what do you think this program has to offer you". But very chill and conversation like through out the entire process. The whole thing lasted about 2 hours roughly. Hope this helps! If you have anymore specific questions feel free to pm me
Thanks for this information, it really helped. I'll definitely be in contact with you if I have any more questions :)

Hey, just wanted to stop in and see if there's been any new acceptance's? Seems like this may be a pretty small class lol!

Hey, just wanted to stop in and see if there's been any new acceptance's? Seems like this may be a pretty small class lol!
Its about 30 students. Everyone will start popping up in June/July lol

has anyone else received responses yet? I am shaking in my seat. Checking all the time. Should I call them?

I just got my acceptance! Super excited!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello all,

I recently started a 2018 forum, unaware that potential candidates and recently admitted students had been using this thread as a means of communication. Nonetheless, I’m ecstatic to see I’m not alone in terms of program interest, preparation and etc.

For those that have received an email/letter of acceptance, what are your plans for living arrangements — anyone actively seeking out a roommate at this time as well as employment opportunities?

Hello all,

I recently started a 2018 forum, unaware that potential candidates and recently admitted students had been using this thread as a means of communication. Nonetheless, I’m ecstatic to see I’m not alone in terms of program interest, preparation and etc.

For those that have received an email/letter of acceptance, what are your plans for living arrangements — anyone actively seeking out a roommate at this time as well as employment opportunities?
Well I can only speak for myself and I'll say honestly I have no idea what I'm doing :laugh:. For as living arrangements, I've been looking online at places near campus but some of the reviews are discouraging. Don't want to move into problems when moving to another state is already kind of stressing me out. Also I'm still waiting to see what fin. aid is gonna be so I know what I can afford, but I haven't heard a peep from them, not sure if anyone else has.

I was speaking to former student of the program and they informed that fin. aid takes a while to get processed and that I should be prepared to be able to maintain on my own for maybe a month or two. That was worrisome since I have been my only source of income and still need to pay rent, car, insurance, phone,etc but will not be working full-time while in the program. Thought about a roommate but I had a very terrible experience with roommates in the past and idk if I'm ready to go down that road again. I also wanted to get a feel for the demands of the course load before entertaining the thought of working just to make sure I'm able to give everything possible to studying and excelling in the program without any interference.

Hello all,

Just re-read my post.. don't want it to seem like I'm being a negative nancy or anything because I am truly excited for this opportunity and very much look forward to it. These are just a few things that have been on my mind and just kind of getting anxious for answers.

I applied to this program. Anxiously waiting to hear back. I've completed an online interview. Does anyone know if they're still conducting in person interviews?

Just re-read my post.. don't want it to seem like I'm being a negative nancy or anything because I am truly excited for this opportunity and very much look forward to it. These are just a few things that have been on my mind and just kind of getting anxious for answers.
I don’t think you’re being negative at all! Your concerns are legitimate and I know you’re just as grateful to be embarking on this journey this year. I’m also coming from out of state so I understand how difficult everything can be making such a huge transition. Plus, I came from a PWI where, administratively, things worked a little quicker. It’s much different at HBCUs. They’ll still square us away, but it may just take a little longer.

I applied to this program and completed the online interview questionnaire. Does anyone know about how long it will take to be notified about a face to face interview? I

I applied to this program. Anxiously waiting to hear back. I've completed an online interview. Does anyone know if they're still conducting in person interviews?
How long ago did you complete the online interview? They’ve just started incorporating in person interviews into the application process so if you have not heard back in terms of that yet & submitted your app at least a week and a half ago, I would say go ahead and give them a call tomorrow morning.

I applied to this program and completed the online interview questionnaire. Does anyone know about how long it will take to be notified about a face to face interview? I

I’d say give them about a week and a half to two weeks from the time you submitted your online interview and then begin calling to check the status of your app.

I don’t think you’re being negative at all! Your concerns are legitimate and I know you’re just as grateful to be embarking on this journey this year. I’m also coming from out of state so I understand how difficult everything can be making such a huge transition. Plus, I came from a PWI where, administratively, things worked a little quicker. It’s much different at HBCUs. They’ll still square us away, but it may just take a little longer.

Agreed @ Dr. Please, you don’t sound negative to me just genuinely concerned in aspects any new student would be, especially coming from a different state & I completely relate to having to be fully responsible for self financially. I’m in the same boat and am still trying to determine how I would be able to fund a few months rent while waiting for our financial aid to kick in, it’ll definitely be tight but proper planning will take a little of the weight off your shoulders. Just focus on what you can and if you’re religious, pray about the rest, if your not — meditate or find some way to help you keep calm because stressing does us no good. I’m no expert in any of this but if you need someone to converse with during the process, feel free to dm me. :)

Hope this helps!

I think my group was the last interview group ( June 29) but I could be wrong. Everyone fills out the online interview but not everyone gets an in person interview.Over 100+ people apply for 25-40 spots (the program director has been making room for additional students even though ideally the program is 20-25 students)

I would say email him and find out your status but im pretty sure there are no more interviews

Hi! I was accepted into the program and was wondering if there are any groups for the class of 2020... I feel like I have no clue what's going on lol and want to connect with my new classmates!

Hi! I was accepted into the program and was wondering if there are any groups for the class of 2020... I feel like I have no clue what's going on lol and want to connect with my new classmates!

When did you interview and how long did he take to tell you of your acceptance? I've been anxious since I had my interview last week

I interviewed in March and it only took like a week.

My interview group (there were 9 of us) have gotten super close so we are all hoping we get in. However, we don't know how many seats are left since there's no group or anything for accepted students.

Did everyone in your group get in? I was hoping the interview was a more definite answer of getting in since I know not everyone gets one but It's so hard to figure out timelines for the program.

Same here! I've connected with one other person going but that's about it haha. You can feel free to message me and we can exchange numbers or something!

My interview group (there were 9 of us) have gotten super close so we are all hoping we get in. However, we don't know how many seats are left since there's no group or anything for accepted students.

Did everyone in your group get in? I was hoping the interview was a more definite answer of getting in since I know not everyone gets one but It's so hard to figure out timelines for the program.
I have no clue I'm sorry I'm out of the loop!