Great tips for entering your "Work/Activities" for AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you PM me I'll look over your work activities section but I'm not comfortable with posting examples of how I wrote mine. I will give you suggestions though basedo n what you've written if you want. I did that for a few.
Thank you, I really appreciate it. I will PM you tonight with an example of how I'm writing it.

Members don't see this ad.

I presented posters at 2 conferences for my research. One was for Southern California schools, and one was for schools from the entire CA. I only have 7 activities right now, should I mention both of these conferences separately as 2 different events or should I clump them together into one entry? Both presentations were on the same project. (Also, are both of these considered "regional" conferences? What does regional mean?)

Also, If I volunteered in the ICU and the ER of the same hospital, do I list everything together? Or should I separate it into 2 separate entries?

Thank you! This thread has really helped me so far, and I'm really grateful for the help you guys are giving.

1) I presented posters at 2 conferences for my research. One was for Southern California schools, and one was for schools from the entire CA. I only have 7 activities right now, should I mention both of these conferences separately as 2 different events or should I clump them together into one entry? Both presentations were on the same project. (Also, are both of these considered "regional" conferences? What does regional mean?)

2) Also, If I volunteered in the ICU and the ER of the same hospital, do I list everything together? Or should I separate it into 2 separate entries?
1) Yes, both conferences sound like they were "regional" as opposed to campus-related or institution-specific. You have the choice of listing them separately under Presentation/Poster or grouping them together. Personally, I feel it would be better to underplay your hand and list them together unless the posters were completely unrelated. I'd use the wider 2nd conference for entering the header information on Conference Name, Location, and Dates, then at the end of the narrative add that you also presented the same research on a poster at XXXConference, in XXXX City, on xx/xx/xx date. Any awards for the posters would best be listed in the same location, if pertinent.

2) List them together unless they were widely separated in time. Give a grand total of hours at the end.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been riding a unicycle since high school and I do so for enjoyment and exercise and have also taught other friends and even professors. I've read everything about hobbies but I'm still debating whether or not I should add this because it's a bit unique. Also, I played for a guitar ensemble in college with an acoustic bass guitar. I also played bass guitar for some band ensembles in high school. However, now I don't play as much but I still like to get together with friends and play whenever possible. Would this be something to include? Thanks!!

1) I've been riding a unicycle since high school and I do so for enjoyment and exercise and have also taught other friends and even professors. I've read everything about hobbies but I'm still debating whether or not I should add this because it's a bit unique.

2) Also, I played for a guitar ensemble in college with an acoustic bass guitar. I also played bass guitar for some band ensembles in high school. However, now I don't play as much but I still like to get together with friends and play whenever possible. Would this be something to include? Thanks!!
1) Unique=application gold. Consider including a You Tube link to a brief exercize.

2) I'd include this as an artistic endeavor. HS activities are fine to list if you continued the activity into the college years.

1) Unique=application gold. Consider including a You Tube link to a brief exercize.

2) I'd include this as an artistic endeavor. HS activities are fine to list if you continued the activity into the college years.

Thank you! You're kidding though about the youtube link haha I wish I could make my own youtube instructional video.

In addition, I have four slots describing my research activities. One describing the research, what i contributed, and time comitted. One for posters: Presented at three regional conferences and two national. One for talks: presented at one regional and two on campus but they're important to me I believe. Lastly, one for a publication in environmental science technology. I was one of five students authors that contributed to the research for the manuscript throughout the years.

My questions are:
should I include the publication?

I have listed 3 posters and 3 talks, cited them, talked briefly about the conference attended...is this all necessary or a bit lengthy? I have even more poster presentations but just picked the ones from national/regional conferences.

fyi, I have 11 total slots now and don't plan on making anymore for work/activities

I have contributed a lot to my research and want to demonstrate this but don't want to overkill it. Thanks!

Last edited:
1)You're kidding though about the youtube link haha I wish I could make my own youtube instructional video.

2) In addition, I have four slots describing my research activities. One describing the research, what i contributed, and time comitted. One for posters: Presented at three regional conferences and two national. One for talks: presented at one regional and two on campus but they're important to me I believe. Lastly, one for a publication in environmental science technology. I was one of five students authors that contributed to the research for the manuscript throughout the years.

My questions are:
should I include the publication?

3) I have listed 3 posters and 3 talks, cited them, talked briefly about the conference attended...is this all necessary or a bit lengthy? I have even more poster presentations but just picked the ones from national/regional conferences.
1) I wasn't kidding.

2) If you were a named author (not an acknowledgment), why would you not include the publication? Is it not searchable? If it is not yet accepted, then you would not list it. If it is a campus journal or e-journal, you'd mention the publication in another section, not under Publications

3) You shouldn't need to say much about attending the conference, unless the name of it it doesn't suggest the conference purpose. You could say you presented the same poster at three university research-day events, if you want. But since you have so many regional/national events, you need not.

1) I wasn't kidding.

2) If you were a named author (not an acknowledgment), why would you not include the publication? Is it not searchable? If it is not yet accepted, then you would not list it. If it is a campus journal or e-journal, you'd mention the publication in another section, not under Publications

3) You shouldn't need to say much about attending the conference, unless the name of it it doesn't suggest the conference purpose. You could say you presented the same poster at three university research-day events, if you want. But since you have so many regional/national events, you need not.

Ok, thanks. So I listed three citations for posters and two for talks, clumped them together into one activity slot, and I'm assuming a full citation would be enough info where you don't need to say anything more in the box. I also presented posters many times on campus but I didn't mention this, I'm would think they already assume this.

Is anyone here also having trouble transferring your AMCAS information to AACOMAS? I noticed how the AACOMAS applications shortens the character space for the personal statement and work/activity description space ALOT. Now, I'm going to have to find a way of cutting out a lot the important info I listed on AMCAS, just for AACOMAS, wonderful.

1) Where would I put a publication in a school journal? Do I just mention it at the end of the Research Description?

2) If the only awards I have are 5 semesters of Dean's list, do I just put that under the awards section? Would the description just include the semesters that I received the dean's list?

1) Where would I put a publication in a school journal? Do I just mention it at the end of the Research Description?

2) If the only awards I have are 5 semesters of Dean's list, do I just put that under the awards section? Would the description just include the semesters that I received the dean's list?
1) You should not list it under Publications. I think mentioning it at the end of the Research description is fine.

2) There is no reason to give Dean's List a space, since your GPA and grades are already evident. If you really want to add it anyway, you needn't specify the semesters. And, yes, Award/Honors would be the category to put it under.

Didn't find elsewhere in this very helpful thread:

Is it okay to group medical and dental clinical experiences?
I feel they both showed me relevant aspects of the day-to-day life of a professional healthcare provider.. My application may be reviewed by a physician, might this grouping bother them?

i.e. Other-
Clinical Shadowing Experience
Dr. ______, MD - Family practice - [email protected] - 10 days, 40 hrs

Dr. ______, DMD - General dentist - 50 hrs

Also, do most include a brief narrative at the end of their list of shadowing experiences?

Potentially relevant sidenote: I applied and was accepted to dental school 2 yrs ago, decided I needed to explore my interests more and returned to a medical path (mentioned this in personal statement, hopefully it shows maturity and isn't a red flag).

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it okay to group medical and dental clinical experiences?
I feel they both showed me relevant aspects of the day-to-day life of a professional healthcare provider.. My application may be reviewed by a physician, might this grouping bother them?

i.e. Other-
Clinical Shadowing Experience
Dr. ______, MD - Family practice - [email protected] - 10 days, 40 hrs

Dr. ______, DMD - General dentist - 50 hrs

Also, do most include a brief narrative at the end of their list of shadowing experiences?

Potentially relevant sidenote: I applied and was accepted to dental school 2 yrs ago, decided I needed to explore my interests more and returned to a medical path (mentioned this in personal statement, hopefully it shows maturity and isn't a red flag).
It's fine to list all healthcare related shadowing together as it shows you explored your options. I'd probably add a date span for each, along with contact information (not required, but nice to see). Additional narrative isn't necessary, unless something really special happened. For example, seeing a birth is often impressive enough to the applicant that they mention it. Or you gained some profound insights about medicine during the experience. You could also mention for the family doc if the shadowing was offiice-based or included hospital rounds.

A consistent interest in the medical field, supported by relevant ECs for two years, does show maturity in that you adequately (I'm presuming) tested your fitness for the vocation with clinical experience and shadowing.

Thanks Catalystik!

So I'm towards the end of my editing.. and I've got to ask one more thing:

I have slightly different formatting for my activities.. I've looked through the forum and it seems all can be effective, right now I utilize a mix of formats:

On one activity I use a full narrative to describe a complicated project..

On a few I start with a narrative 'I' sentence, but sometimes leave out 'I'..
Example:

I worked to increase alumni involvement. Implemented an electronic alumni database, making it easier for alumni to connect with undergraduates and eachother. Organized an annual alumni homecoming event, now on its 4th year. Won two consecutive Outstanding Chapter Awards while in the position (07/08) as well as #1 Chapter in NW (08). I also wrote chapter updates for quarterly alumni newsletter and was active at weekly house leadership meetings. Recognized the importance of alumni involvement in improving an organization.

A couple entries are very succinct, I hope that skills used/gained are easily recognizable.. Example:

Volunteer non med YMCA Basketball coach (5th grade boys)
6 hrs/wk
Winter season (Dec – Feb) (Head coach 2008, Assistant 2010)
Planned and organized practices. Motivated children while maintaining fun and constructive atmosphere. Communicated effectively with children and parents.
Thoughts on this approach? Does it seem lazy/messy? I feel like I've put the important aspects in each area, but in an inconsistent way..

I have slightly different formatting for my activities.. I've looked through the forum and it seems all can be effective, right now I utilize a mix of formats:

On one activity I use a full narrative to describe a complicated project..

On a few I start with a narrative 'I' sentence, but sometimes leave out 'I'..

A couple entries are very succinct, I hope that skills used/gained are easily recognizable
Have you considered using a bullet format for those listings where you start a sentence without "I?"

FOR EXAMPLE:

I worked to increase alumni involvement.

• Wrote chapter updates for quarterly alumni newsletter and was active at weekly house leadership meetings.
  • Recognized the importance of alumni involvement in improving an organization.
  • Implemented an electronic alumni database, making it easier for alumni to connect with undergraduates and each other.
  • Organized an annual alumni homecoming event, now on its 4th year.
  • Won two consecutive Outstanding Chapter Awards while in the position (07/08) as well as #1 Chapter in NW (08).

I think doing it this way makes it easier to read.

Thanks again!

I do think that's easy to read, but then I would have even more variety in the format of each entry..

Right now I have 2-3 in mostly narrative, 5 very short narrative (eligible for bullets), 2 in list (shadowing/hobbies), and one mixed approach research entry.

Is it worth it to try to homogenize the formatting?

Did others have success with a mixed approach?

Thanks again!

I do think that's easy to read, but then I would have even more variety in the format of each entry..

Right now I have 2-3 in mostly narrative, 5 very short narrative (eligible for bullets), 2 in list (shadowing/hobbies), and one mixed approach research entry.

Is it worth it to try to homogenize the formatting?

Did others have success with a mixed approach?
Homogenization isn't necessary. Format each entry as seems most appropriate to best present what you have to say.

I am clearly an idiot.

I forgot to list my 80 hours of shadowing in my AMCAS primary, and as I do not have any clinical volunteering, this is my only real exposure to medicine. Thankfully, I spend a good amount of time discussing it in my personal statement and in my MD/PhD essay. Similarly, two of my recommendations come from PIs who I have not only worked with, but also shadowed.

However, what should I do now? Should I include it in the supplemental applications, where they allow you to include any additional information? ARGH. How do you explain forgetting something like that in your extracurricular activities??? And what about those schools that don't have supplemental info boxes? Would they mind a quick phone call?

Will this cost me a lot of interviews?

Last edited:
I forgot to list my 80 hours of shadowing in my AMCAS primary, and as I do not have any clinical volunteering, this is my only real exposure to medicine. Thankfully, I spend a good amount of time discussing it in my personal statement and in my MD/PhD essay. Similarly, two of my recommendations come from PIs who I have not only worked with, but also shadowed.

However, what should I do now? Should I include it in the supplemental applications, where they allow you to include any additional information? ARGH. How do you explain forgetting something like that in your extracurricular activities??? And what about those schools that don't have supplemental info boxes? Would they mind a quick phone call?

If a program considers shadowing to be sufficient as an exposure to clinical medicine, you'll probably be fine since you mentioned it in the PS, but wherever there is a supplemental essay on a Secondary, I would mention it. And for any schools without an appropriate essay prompt, I would send them an update letter with the specific information to be sure it is noticed.

Under what categories should I put EMT-certification/shifts, on-call autopsy duties, clubs, and intramural sports?

Is it okay to leave the contact info blank for some (e.g. hobbies, IM sports)?

This is unrelated but for the courses section, are microbiology, immunology, and other upper division science courses considered "biology" or "other"?

Thanks

1) Under what categories should I put EMT-certification/shifts, on-call autopsy duties, clubs, and intramural sports?

2) Is it okay to leave the contact info blank for some (e.g. hobbies, IM sports)?

3) This is unrelated but for the courses section, are microbiology, immunology, and other upper division science courses considered "biology" or "other"?
1) You can mention the EMT certification in the same space as you list the EMT employment or volunteer position. On-call autopsy would also be put in the same space as whatever job gives you that responsibility (but feel free to explain better if you think it's a special case). Clubs goes under Other. Sports goes under Hobbies.

2) Yes.

3) Microbiology and Immunology are classified as BIO.

Is health advocate volunteering-clinical or non-clinical?

Outreach program to educate kids(college and grade school) on how to live well. Things like nutrition, stress management, sleep, fitness, birth control, sexually transmitted diseases, HIV testing etc. We also perform blood pressure checks and body mass index evaluation.
So mainly presentation and counseling, and occasionally "awareness" events.

Outreach program to educate kids(college and grade school) on how to live well. Things like nutrition, stress management, sleep, fitness, birth control, sexually transmitted diseases, HIV testing etc. We also perform blood pressure checks and body mass index evaluation.
So mainly presentation and counseling, and occasionally "awareness" events.
Hmmm. Taking BPs and calculating BMIs could be clinical experience. Diet and exercise advice for the overweight or obese client would be clinical. Health education for those who are well would not be clinical experience. Clinical experience would be an interaction with someone having a medical condition in a way that benefits them therapeutically. This sounds like a very relevant community service with elements of clinical experience. I think you should list it under whichever type of interaction is the more common (probably nonmedical) and then maybe estimate the percent time spent on the other, mentioning it in the narrative description in the Experiences section when you apply. It sounds like a really great EC.

If I did research work for a lab several times, but in different intervals, can I list them differently? I have work I did for a lab listed twice, but they were at two different times and did very different kinds of work. How should I format it? I wanna try avoiding being too wordy, but at the same time be able to explain it well enough. Should I do bullet points? Here is an example of something I wrote for a work experience

"During this time, I was trained, by Dr. xxxxx to use indirect immuno-fluorescent staining to slides of treated rat sciatic nerves and optic nerve tissue. After these slides were stained, I was also taught to use a fluorescent microscope, observing the various antibodies that I had applied, indicating the presence or absence of specific proteins. During this time, I was also trained in preparing protein samples, as well as introduced to Western Blotting for the first time, only observing to use during my next internship at the lab. I was also given various research papers to study to better understand the purpose of my work and Dr. xxxx's research."

So from my understanding of the first post, I should list Dean's List in awards, honors, etc? I don't have anything else really to put in this category, aside from a Rutgers Merit Scholarship, for maintaining a 3.5 gpa or higher for several years. Should I mention that? Or should I just discard it, because it is something that quite a few people receive at my school.

If I did research work for a lab several times, but in different intervals, can I list them differently? I have work I did for a lab listed twice, but they were at two different times and did very different kinds of work. How should I format it? I wanna try avoiding being too wordy, but at the same time be able to explain it well enough. Should I do bullet points? Here is an example of something I wrote for a work experience

"During this time, I was trained, by Dr. xxxxx to use indirect immuno-fluorescent staining to slides of treated rat sciatic nerves and optic nerve tissue. After these slides were stained, I was also taught to use a fluorescent microscope, observing the various antibodies that I had applied, indicating the presence or absence of specific proteins. During this time, I was also trained in preparing protein samples, as well as introduced to Western Blotting for the first time, only observing to use during my next internship at the lab. I was also given various research papers to study to better understand the purpose of my work and Dr. xxxx's research."

So from my understanding of the first post, I should list Dean's List in awards, honors, etc? I don't have anything else really to put in this category, aside from a Rutgers Merit Scholarship, for maintaining a 3.5 gpa or higher for several years. Should I mention that? Or should I just discard it, because it is something that quite a few people receive at my school.
It's fine to use more than one space for unrelated research done at varying times.

I did find your narrative to be laborsome to read. Maybe try the bullet format, starting each line with a verb. Concentrate more on what you did, instead of what you were taught. I'd leave out the reading of related papers, as that is assumed.

It is not necessary to mention deans' list as your GPA makes that redundant. How much money did you get for the merit scholarship? That is worth mentioning.

im not sure if this was already answered, but do most people list 15 activities, or less?

im not sure if this was already answered, but do most people list 15 activities, or less?

I'd stretch my activities as far as a I could. Quality at the top, quantity makes it look like you were busier or acheived more. Stop short of helping a little old lady across the street, but go ahead and list that club that you never really went to the meetings, or know anyone else in.

I'd stretch my activities as far as a I could. Quality at the top, quantity makes it look like you were busier or acheived more. Stop short of helping a little old lady across the street, but go ahead and list that club that you never really went to the meetings, or know anyone else in.

Many Applicants might list 5-6 or 7-9 activities. In-depth activities are better than something you spent a week on. Filling up all 15 spaces is more unusual, but folks with multiple publications, a new job or research gig every summer, and those of nontraditional age need more spots.

Many Applicants might list 5-6 or 7-9 activities. In-depth activities are better than something you spent a week on. Filling up all 15 spaces is more unusual, but folks with multiple publications, a new job or research gig every summer, and those of nontraditional age need more spots.

do all similar activities fall under one category of activities such that people end up with 5-6? for example, if you have leadership positions in 3 clubs, do you list all 3 under "leadership", or all clinical experience all under 1 category? is that why people generally have 5-9 activities as you mentioned?

or is it better to put only 1 leadership position that is most important to you instead of listing more? i was just wondering because it seems that if you don't put these down then it doesn't allow adcoms to see how many things that kept you busy other than classes. but i'm guessing it's better to have less?

do all similar activities fall under one category of activities such that people end up with 5-6? for example, if you have leadership positions in 3 clubs, do you list all 3 under "leadership", or all clinical experience all under 1 category? is that why people generally have 5-9 activities as you mentioned?

or is it better to put only 1 leadership position that is most important to you instead of listing more? i was just wondering because it seems that if you don't put these down then it doesn't allow adcoms to see how many things that kept you busy other than classes. but i'm guessing it's better to have less?
Each leadership activity would go in its own space, unless they occurred within the same organization and you were short on space. Some might group a bunch of short-term activities together to give them more weight.

Clinical experience gained at a single location is often listed together, but if at different institutions would be placed separately.

As a rule of thumb: list everything. Adcomms want to know how busy you were every semester and how you spent your summers.

Each leadership activity would go in its own space, unless they occurred within the same organization and you were short on space. Some might group a bunch of short-term activities together to give them more weight.

Clinical experience gained at a single location is often listed together, but if at different institutions would be placed separately.

As a rule of thumb: list everything. Adcomms want to know how busy you were every semester and how you spent your summers.

i'm just confused about if it's good to list everything, why is it that most applicants have 5-9 activities for all 4 years of college? is it better then to list a lot or only a few that you put a lot of time into?

for example, i had some leadership positions in sophomore year that i didn't continue in later years, so is it worth it to put those down if it was only for a year?

i'm just confused about if it's good to list everything, why is it that most applicants have 5-9 activities for all 4 years of college? is it better then to list a lot or only a few that you put a lot of time into?

for example, i had some leadership positions in sophomore year that i didn't continue in later years, so is it worth it to put those down if it was only for a year?
Some applicants have activities they continued through all the college years. Some did activities for a few months or a year. Most have a mix of the two. It's considered desirable to show dedication to something. It's also well worth including any leadership activity you spent a year on. Maybe read through 10-20 pages of this thread and you'll see many, many examples of activities folks have engaged in to give you concrete examples.

Originally Posted by Raziela

If a program considers shadowing to be sufficient as an exposure to clinical medicine, you'll probably be fine since you mentioned it in the PS, but wherever there is a supplemental essay on a Secondary, I would mention it. And for any schools without an appropriate essay prompt, I would send them an update letter with the specific information to be sure it is noticed.

New Question:

So if its mentioned in any secondary essay, regardless of whether its a would you like to provide additional information essay, do you think its safe?

Also, another secondary has me list my ECs, and in this one I've including shadowing. Is an update letter still necessary?

Thanks for your help Catalystik so far :) I now have 3 interviews ^^

New Question:

So if its mentioned in any secondary essay, regardless of whether its a would you like to provide additional information essay, do you think its safe?

Also, another secondary has me list my ECs, and in this one I've including shadowing. Is an update letter still necessary?

Thanks for your help Catalystik so far :) I now have 3 interviews ^^
Since you referred to the shadowing in the Primary essay, if you also mention it somewhere on the Secondary (essay or EC list) I think you're fine not sending those schools an update letter summarizing your shadowing.

Three Interviews: terrific!

I'm new to the site, and I'm applying to both MD and DO schools right now. I know I'm pretty late in the cycle, but I still want to give it a shot. Anyways, I've got a couple of questions.

1) My undergrad major is exercise physiology, and many of my experiences that I've listed on my apps have to do with exercise and fitness, such as stress testing and a cardiac rehab internship. Should I list my personal hobby in working out and my own fitness to demonstrate my passion for the subject?

2) I conducted a research project as part of a group in a class that I took, having to do with the effects of hypohydration on maximal strength. Should I list this on my application?

Thanks!

1) My undergrad major is exercise physiology, and many of my experiences that I've listed on my apps have to do with exercise and fitness, such as stress testing and a cardiac rehab internship. Should I list my personal hobby in working out and my own fitness to demonstrate my passion for the subject?

2) I conducted a research project as part of a group in a class that I took, having to do with the effects of hypohydration on maximal strength. Should I list this on my application?
1) It is common to list all of one's hobbies in a single spot. Definitely list your passion for fitness and exercise.

2) Presuming it was a scholarly project of some substance (not just a week or two in duration) with a hypothesis, written protocol, analysis of results, conclusion, etc., you could list it, as research is always listed under "Research," whether paid, volunteer, or for class credit. If this dealt with human subjects, did you have IRB approval?

1) It is common to list all of one's hobbies in a single spot. Definitely list your passion for fitness and exercise.

2) Presuming it was a scholarly project of some substance (not just a week or two in duration) with a hypothesis, written protocol, analysis of results, conclusion, etc., you could list it, as research is always listed under "Research," whether paid, volunteer, or for class credit. If this dealt with human subjects, did you have IRB approval?

The project lasted for an entire quarter, which was 10 weeks long. For the project, we had to conduct a literature review and present a project proposal based on our findings. This included our hypothesis and protocol, as well as expected findings. The next step was randomization, assignments, etc. Near the end of the quarter after completion of all of our research, we prepared a comprehensive article of our project and findings which included everything from our hypothesis to protocol, results and conclusion, just as you would find in any scholarly journal. We did not have to have IRB approval, as our research was limited to the 4 people in our group. As such, it was a very limited scope in terms of practical application, but I consider it a valuable experience nonetheless.

I'm thinking about putting some of my hobbies into this section. I've read enough of this thread to feel confident about this decision. However, given the changes occurring in 2011-2012 cycle, I'm no longer sure how this will work.

The changes in the upcoming AMCAS [see this thread] require you to include contact information such as contact's name, title, phone and email address. What would one put down in these boxes for an activity such as instrument playing or recording music? I mean I could understand if you were taking lessons and maybe put your lesson teacher's name and organization etc. But I mean what about playing in a band, recording in your own garage/studio/computer etc. I'm thinking the only way I could include these sort of activities is to put myself down as the contact. Any suggestions?

No suggestions, but I've been thinking about the same thing. I'm big into triathlons, and am totally putting it on the app, but I don't really have a supervisor or anything for it..... I'm thinking of putting myself for contact information if there is no other option.

Yeah that'ws not a bad idea. But for triatholons, is there like some organization you sign up through? maybe whoever you have to contact for that would be the person to put as contact information.

I'm in a similar situation and was just going to put a friend who I train with. The organizations that plan races might be able to confirm that I participated in one, but most of them have hundreds of competitors so no-one there would know me personally.

I was wondering if volunteering in the aquatic rehabilitation of mentally handicapped clients should be listed as clinical or non-clinical on AMCAS. Each week, I would be in the water working hands-on with my clients (who all suffered from genetic disorders).
It doesn't matter to me either way which it is listed as (although I have more clinical than non-clinical volunteering), but I just wanted to categorize the experience appropriately.

Thanks!

I have several poster presentation at a national conference and at my school. If I include all the poster presentation in one single slot, how do I put a contact person info if for two of the poster I have different contact people? Should I split it on two slots.

thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.