Can I put a link to my work for a job in AMCAS activity description?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tameimpaler

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of my extracurricular activities involves creating illustrations for my college's student-run paper. These illustrations have won some state-wide college newspaper awards which I will mention in the description, but I also want to give a link to my tagged work on my college paper's site, kind of like this: [school paper].com/tag/[my name]. Is this worth doing or would adcoms generally not have the time to look that deep?

Members don't see this ad.

One of my extracurricular activities involves creating illustrations for my college's student-run paper. These illustrations have won some state-wide college newspaper awards which I will mention in the description, but I also want to give a link to my tagged work on my college paper's site, kind of like this: [school paper].com/tag/[my name]. Is this worth doing or would adcoms generally not have the time to look that deep?
I recommend just listing your awards, most readers will not follow links you place in your app

Reactions: 1 user
It's your character count for W/A... if you want to, go ahead. Make sure it comes out as a proper hyperlink if you do.

Many applicants who are artistic like to create their own webpage where they can archive photos of their work. You might now want to risk your school paper scrubbing your photos from their website.

For medical school admissions, the desired professional competencies do not specifically ask for artistic competency. In contrast, in dental admissions, aesthetic appreciation and fine motor dexterity are desired, so applicants have brought (small) paintings, sculptures, or reproductions therein to in-person interviews or provide hyperlinks to online galleries of their work. To that end, my dental school adcoms will tend to look at those illustrations; my med school adcoms don't have the time.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's your character count for W/A... if you want to, go ahead. Make sure it comes out as a proper hyperlink if you do.

Many applicants who are artistic like to create their own webpage where they can archive photos of their work. You might now want to risk your school paper scrubbing your photos from their website.

For medical school admissions, the desired professional competencies do not specifically ask for artistic competency. In contrast, in dental admissions, aesthetic appreciation and fine motor dexterity are desired, so applicants have brought (small) paintings, sculptures, or reproductions therein to in-person interviews or provide hyperlinks to online galleries of their work. To that end, my dental school adcoms will tend to look at those illustrations; my med school adcoms don't have the time.
I see, thank you for the insight :) I'll focus more on activities that focus on the core competencies then
Edit: that link is very helpful, thank you for including it!