GPR Interviews 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The overall concensus seems to be that the convention was incredibly useful and exciting. The next GPR convention is planned for 2012 and will be used in Shanghai, PRC.

Members don't see this ad.

congratulations ambitious!
liquamax, do you know when is the GPR convention in shanghai in 2012? thank you.

Got an interview at Ranchos Los Amigo's GPR, has anyone heard anything about this program? I can't seem to find anything about it in the archives :-(

Members don't see this ad :)
I used to work at Jesse Brown VA GPR in Chicago and the staff told me that they make the interview there a little tough. But even the residents say that once you get in, they are treated really well. The GPRs don't have call, don't take emergency patients, don't have to do prophies, only get assigned the best cases including implants and endo, always have assistants. When I did my residency I would have loved a program like this. You get lots of crown and bridge, endo and implants. At my program, I "shadowed" the faculty when they did their implant treatment, at Jesse Brown GPR in Chicago the residents do the treatment then the staff just checks on you and helps when you need it.

For GPR residents, does the program try their best to make the male:female ratio 1:1?

For GPR residents, does the program try their best to make the male:female ratio 1:1?

Programs try to get the best residents they can. A group that can work together. They often try to get residents from different areas of the country and different schools. The male/female ratio usually happens because of the ratio in schools. I have seen no "quotas". A relative of the staff may have some advantages.

I used to work at Jesse Brown VA GPR in Chicago and the staff told me that they make the interview there a little tough. But even the residents say that once you get in, they are treated really well. The GPRs don't have call, don't take emergency patients, don't have to do prophies, only get assigned the best cases including implants and endo, always have assistants. When I did my residency I would have loved a program like this. You get lots of crown and bridge, endo and implants. At my program, I "shadowed" the faculty when they did their implant treatment, at Jesse Brown GPR in Chicago the residents do the treatment then the staff just checks on you and helps when you need it.

no offense, but i've seen this same spiel posted multiple times in several threads now about GPRs...sure you aren't the director posing as a former insider to garner more applications? :) All I heard (and read on this forum) were negatives about the Jesse Brown VA until you started posting. But considering it's a VA, sounds plausible.

Anyone else on this forum interview or complete a residency at VA San Francisco, USC, Lutheran-LICH or Brigham? All were excellent interview experiences, would love to have somebody else's insight, especially about the CA residencies since I'm from out of state. Thanks!:)

Good luck to everyone on the Match results today!

I got matched to St. Mary's Hospital's GPR! really excited and happy... Good luck to everyone!

Hello, what do we do after we got a match? is the program going to email us the information and stuff? do we just wait for now? Do we need to to anything at this point? Thank you!

no offense, but i've seen this same spiel posted multiple times in several threads now about GPRs...sure you aren't the director posing as a former insider to garner more applications? :) All I heard (and read on this forum) were negatives about the Jesse Brown VA until you started posting. But considering it's a VA, sounds plausible.
After graduating from dental school, I choose to attended a general practice residency to determine if I wanted to specialize in a specific area and to broaden my overall skills in dentistry and increase my dental knowledge. My main areas of interest were in prosthodontics and oral surgery. Based on my personal interests, I choose Jesse Brown VA Medical Center. This past June, I completed my residency and feel grateful for my training and overall experience. Having grown up in California, I choose to apply to multiple programs through out the country, but accepted the position at Jesse Brown based on my personal interests. Chicago is an amazing place to live and I enjoyed the wonderful people I met and worked with. After completing my residency, I feel that I gained the additional skills and knowledge that I had desired. Highlights of my residency experience include over 500 extractions, tori removal, sinus lifts, placement and restoration of multiple dental implants, design and delivery of Cerec crowns, utilize a soft tissues laser, molar endo, and numerous removable and fixed prosthetic cases. I also gained exposure to medically compromised patients and performing surgery in the operating room. I would strongly recommend the Jesse Brown GPR program to any individual interested in prosthodontics, oral surgery, and endodontics. The dental clinic also has a periodontist, so one can gain exposure to perio surgery procedures if they are proactive and show interest. Having completed my residency, I have feel more confident as a general dentist and grateful for the experience I received.

I interviewed at Lehigh Valley HN GPR on 11/17 and really liked it.

Just got an invitation for Abington Memorial GPR and the date they gave me is during my final exams. Did anyone interview there already? What was your impression of the program?