GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
University: Oregon State University
Major: Exercise and Sport Science
Overall GPA: 3.85
Pre-Req GPA: 3.91
GRE:1100

Extra-Curric: College Athlete, Athletic Govt, Student Govt, Multiple Sclerosis Clinic volunteer

Volunteer: Approx 1000 hours spread between Acute, nursing home, Ortho, women's health and work rehab

Applied to: Washington, Pacific, Regis, Montana, UNLV, Pitt, Duke

Acceptances: Regis, UNLV, Pitt

Rejections: None so far

Interviews: pacific, Duke, Montana

Still haven't heard from washington and im getting a little nervous

Members don't see this ad.

University: Binghamton University
Major: Biochemistry
Minors: N/A
Overall GPA: 3.07
Pre-Req GPA: 3.90
GRE: 530 V, 640 Q

Extra-Curric: Quasi Dance Crew Choreographer, IFD Choreographer, Men's Club Soccer and Fitness Coach, Ballroom Team, Barrio Dance Choreographer, Student Athletic Trainer, Bearcat Hooligans founder, Resident Assistant

Volunteer: 50 Hrs Inpatient @ Westchester Medical Center, 300+ Full time PT Aide @ private sports/orthopedic clinic

Acceptances: NYU

Rejections: CUNY Hunter

Interviews: NYU, CUNY Hunter, Stony Brook

... waiting on USC, Columbia, LIU, SUNY Downstate. Am really surprised I got into NYU and not CUNY... kind of surprised I got accepted at all, lol

update -

rejections: CUNY Hunter, Columbia

waiting on USC, LIU, SUNY Downstate, and Stony Brook

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks~ haha apparently i'm not good enough? i dunno - just got an email from LIU that i got rejected; oh well... i guess i'll have to pay well for my education (/sarcasm) haha

Undergrad: University of Central Florida
Major: Health Sciences - Pre-Clinical Allied Health
Overall GPA: 3.44
Pre-Req GPA: 3.33
GRE: 570V 430Q 4A

Volunteer: 200+ outpatient private practice sports medicine 150+ hours inpatient rehabilitation

Applied to: UNF, St. Augustine, FIU, NSU, Hunter, LIU, Stony Brook

Acceptances: LIU

Waitlist: NSU

Rejections: Hunter

Interviews: Hunter, LIU, St. Augustine, Stony Brook, NSU

thanks~ haha apparently i'm not good enough? i dunno - just got an email from LIU that i got rejected; oh well... i guess i'll have to pay well for my education (/sarcasm) haha

I must admit that I'm shocked! Our GPA & GRE stats are identical and you have more outpatient hours than I do. With the exception that I have an MS degree in addition (and I was a dance science major), our stats look quite similar. I'm completely stunned that you didn't get into LIU, but it could be that they do rolling and had the spots filled before they got your application?! BTW, Hunter is the most competitive program in the NYC area, due to the cost, small class size and reputation factors.

NYU is a fabulous program! :thumbup: So congrats!! All your hard work has paid off! Here's to paying a lot for our education! ;)

Undergrad: California Polytechnic State University
Major: Kinesiology
(PTCAS) GPA: 3.58
Pre-req GPA: 3.38
GRE: 760 (Q), 590 (V), 5 (Writing)

PT Experiences: ~4500 hours outpatient ortho, 50 hours inpatient acute

Applying: U. of Washington, U. of Puget Sound, Regis, Pacific U. in Oregon, Emory

Acceptances: UW, Regis, Pacific
Rejections: None yet...still haven't heard anything from Puget Sound, but don't really care now
Interviews: Regis, Pacific, Emory (declined)

Decision:
UW! I really loved Regis, but cost-wise and location-wise, UW just works better for me.

University: University of Florida, 2006
Major: Telecommunications (TV Production)
Overall GPA: 3.75
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0 (Taken at University of Washington, North Seattle Community College, and Shoreline Community College in the past year)
GRE: 450 Verbal, 740 Quantitative, 5.5 Analytical

Extra-Curric: Gymnastics Instructor for 5 years, Fitness Center Staff 3 years, Worked at a Ski Resort as a Lift Op, Snowshoe Guide, Summer Foreman, and Patroller for 2 1/2 years, Volunteer CPR Instructor for the Red Cross 1 1/2 years

Volunteer: ~120 hours total: 40 Oncology, 80 between two Outpatient mainly Ortho clinics

Acceptances: University of Utah, Regis University, University of Washington, University of Puget Sound

Rejections: Pacific University

Interviews: University of Montana (declined)

I will be joining the University of Utah 2013 class in May!

University: University of Florida, 2006
Major: Telecommunications (TV Production)
Overall GPA: 3.75
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0 (Taken at University of Washington, North Seattle Community College, and Shoreline Community College in the past year)
GRE: 450 Verbal, 740 Quantitative, 5.5 Analytical

Extra-Curric: Gymnastics Instructor for 5 years, Fitness Center Staff 3 years, Worked at a Ski Resort as a Lift Op, Snowshoe Guide, Summer Foreman, and Patroller for 2 1/2 years, Volunteer CPR Instructor for the Red Cross 1 1/2 years

Volunteer: ~120 hours total: 40 Oncology, 80 between two Outpatient mainly Ortho clinics

Acceptances: University of Utah, Regis University, University of Washington, University of Puget Sound

Rejections: Pacific University

Interviews: University of Montana (declined)

I will be joining the University of Utah 2013 class in May!

You sure you don't want to go to UW? I'm an alternate at Utah. :D

They've already deposited my check! Hopefully someone else will give you a chance, though :)

They've already deposited my check! Hopefully someone else will give you a chance, though :)

I was just messin' with you. Congrats, though. I really hope that I get a chance. Utah (due to many circumstances) was the only school I applied to, so to not make it will really be a bummer. I just wish they would at least keep in contact with the alternates and give us updates. My 2 short emails have gone ignored. :(

University: UNCG '04, also NCSU, DTCC, WTCC for pre-reqs
Major: Dance, minor Tech Theater
Overall GPA: 3.82
Pre-Req GPA: 3.98
GRE: 540V, 700Q, 4 A

Extra-Curric: Certified Pilates Instructor, Professional Dancer

Volunteer: 140 hours, outpatient, skilled nursing, balance center, student health center

Applied: Duke and UNC

Acceptances: Duke and UNC (off the waitlist!)

Rejections: none

Interviews: Duke and UNC

I already sent my deposit to Duke and was set to go, but then hear from UNC yesterday. I thought Duke was great, but I can't pass up the $45k in tuition savings. I'm holding out on my final answer, but I'm 99% UNC. It's going to be sad to decline at Duke though.

Members don't see this ad :)
University: University of Pittsburgh
Major: Rehab Sci
Overall GPA: 3.1
GRE: 400 Verbal, 780 Quantitative, 3.5 Analytical

Extra-Curric: Rehab Aide Sports/Ortho setting ~1200 hrs
Club Lacrosse Team ~3 seasons
Volunteer: ~20 hrs skilled nursing facility ~20 hrs sports

Acceptances:pitt

Rejections: Montana University

Interviews: None

Pitt Baby...

University: Utah State (Dixie, UVU)
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.98
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 380 Verbal, 640 Quantitative, 3.5 Analytical

Extra-Curric: College Softball, Coach High School Softball, Snowboarding, Motorcross, and Corp Health advisor

Volunteer: 30 Peds, 60 Outpatient, 18 Industrial, 16 Home Health, 23 Acute
Acceptances: University of Utah, Regis University,Eastern Washington University

Rejections: Idaho State

Interviews: University of Montana, A.T. Still (declined)

University of Utah is where im heading
user_offline.gif

I am just wondering does anyone know my chances of getting in to PT School?

Science GPA: 2.3
Cumulative GPA: 2.73

I have a few D's on my transcript but I have repeated them all and I have worked very hard to pull my GPA up, and I am still working hard to pull it up. I will be applying in 2011 fall...

I plan on applying to Touro, St. Augustine, Langston, UCSF, Clarkson, and Duke just to name a few. Are my aspirations actually realistic or should I just stop now???

-Brighter Future

I think you can get the best advice by talking directly with the director of the program that really interests you. Visit a program during an open house. Most programs give you a chance to discuss whatever concerns you have in private. They will give you the best advice, your chances, and tell you what you need to work on further. If the program doesn't have an open house any time soon, just email the director and ask for an appointment. Don't feel ashamed or weird. The sooner you do it the sooner you will be on the right road toward your acceptance. :) Good luck!

I have a few D's on my transcript but I have repeated them all and I have worked very hard to pull my GPA up, and I am still working hard to pull it up. I will be applying in 2011 fall...

I plan on applying to Touro, St. Augustine, Langston, UCSF, Clarkson, and Duke just to name a few. Are my aspirations actually realistic or should I just stop now???

-Brighter Future
are those repeats factored into the science gpa u listed?

Crystal MT: Thanks for the Advice I think Western University has some type of program like that where they allow you to meet with advisors and couselours before applying. I'll look into it.

MuscleHead: I feel so ashamed to say this :(, but for some reason all my A's come from my non-science classes. But I know this is what I wanted since high school. I've done internships, and volunteer work, nothing can sway me except if God forbid, if I get rejected from everywhere I apply to. Those repeat grades where I got a "C" the second time around replaced three "D"s in the calculation of my GPA.

-Brighter Future

MuscleHead: I feel so ashamed to say this :(, but for some reason all my A's come from my non-science classes. But I know this is what I wanted since high school. I've done internships, and volunteer work, nothing can sway me except if God forbid, if I get rejected from everywhere I apply to. Those repeat grades where I got a "C" the second time around replaced three "D"s in the calculation of my GPA.

-Brighter Future

Where do you go to school and Are you a junior/senior? Did you retake those classes at the same institution? Have you tried retaking them at a community college? I bet that would be much easier. Did you take a practice GRE? If yes, how did you do? It will definately help to do very well on that.

UPDATED 3/1

Undergrad:
Northwestern University
Major: Communication Studies, dance and psych minors
(PTCAS) GPA: 3.52
Pre-req GPA: 3.82 (about half completed, the rest are in progress/planned for spring)
GRE: 630 (Q), 560 (V), 5 (Writing)

PT Experiences: 600+ paid aide at outpatient clinic, 15 hours in special needs elementary school, 8 hours inpatient at Northwestern Memorial, 15 hours outpatient neuro clinic, 15 hours on-site professional dance physical therapy, 20 hours at other outpatient clinics, 10 hours at a canine rehabilitation center w/certified PTA (although this fell under "volunteer" experience, not PT experience on PTCAS)

Applying: Mayo Clinic, Northwestern, UIC, Midwestern, Rosalind Franklin, Duke

Acceptances: Northwestern, UIC (was waitlisted in the top 20 of the list, then got accepted)
Rejections: None
Interviews: Mayo Clinic (declined), Rosalind Franklin (declined), Midwestern (declined), Duke (declined)

Decision:
Northwestern

PTCAS mailing date: October 6th.

My biggest issue is almost all my prereq courses are from community college, some of which are in progress (chem II, physics II, both lab bios, physiology, calc) since I didn't decide to go the PT route until my senior year of college. I'm hoping that won't hurt me too much though.

Final Update. I heard from Duke this morning (interview offer). I don't really feel like flying out there, and I already gave NU a $1000 deposit, so I'm declining. If they didn't take their sweet time getting back to me (I submitted my application to them later than I did the others...like first week in November), maybe I would have gone.

Go Wildcats! I'm excited for NUPT 2013!

-Brighter Future

I don't think you should ever give up but UCSF/SFSU requires a 3.0 minimum GPA. I think you should really strive to get all A's in the time you have left, and make sure you do well on the GREs and your personal statement in order to pull some interviews. There's always hope!

-Brighter Future

A lot of schools are pretty strict about the 3.0 minimum. However, USC specifically says they'll consider someone with a lower GPA. I imagine there are others out there as well.

From their website:
The Graduate School and the Divisional admissions committee prefer that applicants have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0. However, the admissions committee will consider for admission applicants who have a GPA < 3.0 in light of all academic and professional credentials. Each applicant must hold a baccalaureate degree by the date of projected enrollment (August of each year).

University: Shorter College
Major:Biology Major, Chemistry Minor
Overall GPA: 3.6
Pre-Req GPA: 3.47
GRE:Q (720) V (420) A (3.5)

Extra-Curric: Shorter Baseball 2 seasons, Allied Health Club 3 years, Alternative Spring Break Study trips to Ossabaw Island for 3 years.

Volunteer: 50+ hours at a nursing home in college and 100+ hours in high school, various volunteer work for Allied Health Club.

Acceptances:None Yet

Rejections:None Yet

Interviews:Emory on March 26th, NOVA on March 12th

UPDATED 3-2-10

University
- UW- Madison
Degree- BS Dance
GPA- 3.3
Pre-req GPA- 3.0
GRE- 590v 770a 4.5aw

Extracurricular- Habitat for humanity, Relay for Life, Ski and Snowboard club instructor, running club

Volunteer- 60 hours acute care, 20 hours Pediatric outpatient, 50 hours inpatient geriatric

Waiting on- Temple, Chapman, VCU, Old Dominion, URI

Accepted- Shenandoah U, MGH --> looks like its between these two, I'm visiting both at the end of the month!

Waitlisted- Regis

Rejected- Belmont, WVU, Marymount, Chatham, Utah, UNC, Bellarmine, NAU

Interviews- Shenandoah (phone), Regis (1/29), MGH (phone), NAU (2/27)

I'm pretty disappointed about being rejected by NAU. I really feel like my interview went well... The letter seemed to focus on my academics, in which case, I wonder why they even bothered interviewing me in the first place?!

Updated. Any opinions about my upcoming decision between SU and MGH??

Updated. Any opinions about my upcoming decision between SU and MGH??

I am not familiar at all with MGH- Boston is an awesome city, but you will be dealing with a very high cost of living. Just looked on PTCAS' site, and they only require 10 observation hours (??). It would be a fun city to live in. I will be attending SU if I don't get into VCU. When I interviewed, I was so blown away by everything- facilities, staff, and the students were so happy to be there, and close-knit like a family. It actually raised the bar so high that my decision was made before the interview had ended at Marymount (def don't lose sleep over that one). I guess it just comes down to what atmosphere you like better, b/c SU is exact opposite of the big city life.

University: CSUN
Overall GPA: 3.40
Pre-Req GPA: 3.55
GRE:1000

Extra-Curric: Student Staff, Research Assistant, ACSM Member

Volunteer: Approx 300 hours spread between Acute and Ortho

Applied to: UNLV, LLU, USA, CSUN

Acceptances: None so far

Rejections: None :xf:

Interviews: USA

Will hear from USA within 2 weeks :)

University: Stony Brook University
Major: Health Science (Disability Studies Concentration)
Overall GPA: 3.36
Pre-Req GPA: 3.10
GRE:1060

Extra-Curric: On-campus job

Volunteer: 100+ hospital, 50 hours Aquatic Therapy, working as a PT aide

Applied to: Stony Brook, Hunter, NYIT, LIU, Drexel, NYU, Touro, Temple

Acceptances: Stony Brook, NYIT, LIU, Touro

Waitlisted: Drexel

Rejections: Hunter, NYU

Interviews: Stony Brook, Hunter, NYIT, LIU, Drexel

Final Decision: Going to Stony Brook! Just waiting for the packet!:)

University: University of Florida
Overall GPA: 2.84
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.5
Upper Div GPA: 3.4
GRE: 710A 400V 4.5aw

Work/Volunteer/Observation: 4000+ work hours in an outpatient PT clinic, 15 inpatient, 40 outpatient, 40 orthopedic specialty, 40 skilled nursing facility

Applied: UF, UNF, FIU, USA, Emory, GSU (Ga State)

Acceptances: FIU, USA

Waitlisted: none

Rejections: GSU

Interviews: Emory - Feb 12th, USA - Feb 26th

Last edited:
A lot of schools are pretty strict about the 3.0 minimum. However, USC specifically says they'll consider someone with a lower GPA. I imagine there are others out there as well.

From their website:
The Graduate School and the Divisional admissions committee prefer that applicants have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0. However, the admissions committee will consider for admission applicants who have a GPA < 3.0 in light of all academic and professional credentials. Each applicant must hold a baccalaureate degree by the date of projected enrollment (August of each year).

Thanks for looking that up. I aspire to have a higher GPA by the time I apply. By the way when it comes to Science GPA isn't calculated differently at each institution? For exapmle some schools may require Calculus and some may not...??

I don't think you should ever give up but UCSF/SFSU requires a 3.0 minimum GPA. I think you should really strive to get all A's in the time you have left, and make sure you do well on the GREs and your personal statement in order to pull some interviews. There's always hope!

I appreciate the fact you have hope when my GPA seems so dismal but I know I can do it! What would you recommend for GRE prep?

For GRE....literally cram vocab. I didn't have a problem with the math but verbal I wasn't testing that well. I got kaplan vocab GRE cards and memorized all the vocab and a few other words I found....about 550 words. My GRE verbal went up 150pts from a practice test b4 the vocab cramming.

I appreciate the fact you have hope when my GPA seems so dismal but I know I can do it! What would you recommend for GRE prep?

It's up to how you learn. I started with Kaplan's free test to see what I needed to focus on. www.verbalearn.com improved my GRE verbal by over 150 points, and it's free. Kaplan GRE vocab cards were good, but I found this website to help me more, personally. I highly recommend it as you build upon and approach learning via several different ways. For math, I used the GRE Math Bible. It improved my math by about 200 points. Then I did Kaplan review for the last 2 weeks to do practice test with a timer.

Good luck!!! :)

University: Stanford U
Major: Biochemistry and Economics
Overall GPA: 3.2
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3
Upper Div GPA: 3.5
GRE: 760Q/600V 4.5

Work/Volunteer/Observation/Extracurricular: 200+ volunteer hours at Stanford Hospital (inpatient and outpatient) / Summer Internship in Investment Banking at Credit Suisse / Professional Class 4x and downhill mountain bike racer (before a neck injury), surf instructor

Applied: USC, UCSF, U of Washington, Regis, Colorado, Utah, Northwestern, Washington U, Duke,

Acceptances: USC, Regis, Utah, Northwestern, Duke

Waitlisted: None

Rejected: UCSF, U of Washington, Colorado

Waiting to hear: Washington U

Thanks for looking that up. I aspire to have a higher GPA by the time I apply. By the way when it comes to Science GPA isn't calculated differently at each institution? For exapmle some schools may require Calculus and some may not...??

Most programs use PTCAS (Centralized Application Service) now, which calculates a bunch of different GPA's which they forward to the school you're applying to. These will include 'math and science' GPA and program specific 'core pt prerequisite' GPA. I'm assuming each program will obviously look at the latter, and for all the other GPAs, it probably varies. Usually they say on the websites what they'll look at, but if not, you can probably e-mail them.

http://www.ptcas.org/GPAs.html

University: University of South Florida
Overall GPA: PTCAS 3.28
Pre-Req GPA: PTCAS 3.26
GRE: 430 V, 710 Q, 5.0 A

Extra-Curric: Alliance of Health and Fitness Professionals (President), Fraternity member (multiple exec positions), U.S Paralymics Coach, Nike Let me Play, Resident Assistant

Volunteer: 125- plus a lot more if you count my work with the Paralymics

Applied: Temple, Miami, Bellarmine, NAU, Nova, UNF, Marymount, Shenendoah, Wheeling Jesuit, UW-Madison, MGH, New England, Sacred Heart

Acceptances: Miami, Temple, UW-Madison, Sacred Heart, MGH
Interviews: Temple, Miami, Nova, Marymount (declined), Shenendoah (declined), Wheeling Jesuit (declined), MGH, New England (declined), Sacred Heart
Waitlist: MGH (recently accepted), UNF
Rejections: Bellarmine, NAU

Last edited:
With applicants for each florida school to be about 700-1000 per school it doesn't surprise me that you got waitlisted. Florida is a super competitive state for physical therapy regardless of what you think is a good school.

I didn't mean anything bad against UNF or Nova. They are both great schools. I was more surprised with the schools I DID get in to.

University: University of Florida
Major: Food and Resource Economics
Overall GPA: 2.97
Upper Div GPA: 3.28
Pre-req GPA: 3.85
GRE: 720Q / 490V / 3.5W

Extra-Curric: Online job

Volunteer: 14 hrs. Acute, 12 hrs. Outpatient, 54 hrs. Specialty (Sports Rehab)

Applied to: UF, UNF, FGCU, UCF

Acceptances: UCF, FGCU, UNF

Rejections: UF

Last edited:
Congratulations to all who've been accepted to PT school. Guess that I'm considered a non-traditional student. I worked in banking for over seven years and decided to leave the toxic and stressful environment for a profession that has a lot more meaning to me. I was originally planning on waiting another year and boosting my GPA up a bit, but decided to give the application process a try. Luckily, things are going to pan out! I'm ecstatic that I've been accepted to a couple of good programs (deposits already sent) and am on the alternate list for a couple of others.

Undergrad: University of Southern California
Major: Biology w/ Exercise Science Minor
(PTCAS) GPA: 3.24
Pre-req GPA: 3.31
GRE: 720 (Q), 550 (V), 4.5 (Writing)

PT Experiences: 200 hours inpatient at LA County/USC (predominantly in burns and ICU), 600+ hours in orthopedic outpatient/sports med PT

Other Work and Extracurricular Activities: Seven years of employment in financial services (fixed income sales and trading and equity research), 300+ hours of trail building and maintenance (hiking, mountain biking)

Applying: USC, UNLV, UW-Madison, Minnesota, Pitt, Mayo, Columbia, NYIT, Temple
Acceptances: UW-Madison, Minnesota, Columbia
Rejections: Mayo, Pitt
Interviews: NYIT (declined), UNLV, Columbia
Alternate List: UNLV (withdrew), USC

PTCAS mailing date: December 15

Decision: UW Madison

Last edited:
Since I was on, wanted to do a final update for my amusements sake.

University: Virginia Commonwealth University
Major: Sociology (don't remind me)
Minor: Psychology
GPA: (ptcas) 3.6
Pre-req GPA: 3.8
GRE: 540 Q, 510 V, 4.5 AW
Extras: Honors College, VCU, work-study program (for a couple of years), Phi Theta Kappa, AIDS/Breast Cancer walks, Phi Kappa Phi
Hours: 60 in outpatient facility (will be getting 40+ in a few)
Applied: VCU, ODU, Marymount, Shenendoah
Interviews: Shenandoah, Marymount (other 2 don't interview)
Waitlisted: VCU (recently rejected), ODU (recently rejected)
Acceptances: SU, Marymount (declined)

Congrats to all my fellow entering DPT's for the class of 2013!!

University: University of Oregon
Major: Human Physiology

Overall GPA: (ptcas) 3.15
Pre-req GPA: 3.45
GRE: 690 Q, 460 V, 3.5 AW

Extras: Student Athletic Trainer (90hrs.), Pre-PT club
Hours: 3500 hrs. (3 years) in outpatient PT facility
Applied: NYU, Columbia, Duke, Chapman, Pacific, UW, USC, BU, UConn, Miami, LIU, UNC, Touro, NYIT, Samuel Merritt and a few more (Yes, I spent a lot to apply.
Interviews: University of Miami (2/12), LIU (12/15), Samuel Merritt (1/26)
Waitlisted: Miami
Acceptances: UConn
Pending acceptance to Miami, looks like UConn. But it'll be a hard decision if Miami was to offer admission. Stifling heat v. frigid cold?

University: Wheaton College (IL) '08
Major: Applied Health Science
Overall GPA: 2.9
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5
GRE: verbal 540, math 720

*GPA numbers were worse, but I took pre-reqs and other classes at a community college to raise them.

Extra-Curric: church youth group, student athletic training, intramural sports, asian club, babysitting, coaching basketball to kids of all ages.

Hours: 1000+ in ortho, about 200 in inpatient peds, and about 50 at a nursing home

Acceptances: Stonybrook, Touro (Bay Shore), Waitlisted for Columbia

Rejections: Hunter, LIU, and NYIT

Interviews: Columbia, NYIT, SUNY Downstate (declined it)

After all the drama, I'm going to Stony Brook!

Last edited:
Hey everyone,
I currently got into LIU, NYIT, and New York Medical. I need to decide soon which DPT program to attend. Does anyone have any opinions which school is best for education, cost, etc (particularly cost).

It will be a great help..thanks!

University: University at Buffalo (graduated in '98... so this is a 2nd career for me)
Major: Computer Science
Overall GPA: 2.86 (PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 2.91 (PTCAS)
GRE: 1260 (v560, m690, analytical 4.0)

Extra-Curric: non-traditional student returning to graduate school

Volunteer: 116 total (50 at a sports med clinic, 35 peds, 21 in-patient)

Acceptances: Armstrong Atlantic State University

Rejections: Western Carolina, Eastern Carolina, Duke

Interviews: Duke, Armstrong Atlantic State University

Pending: Winston-Salem State University

University of California, Irvine
Biological sciences
3.1 cumulative
3.3 prereq

750 math, 430V, 4.5 AW

Applied to: western, llu, chapman, u of the pacific, u of st. Augustine in san diego

Accepted: western, UOP, usa
Waitlisted: chapman and llu

Deciding between UOP and western. Any advice would help! Thanks!

Undergrad: CSULB
Major:
Kinesiology-Exercise Science
Minor:
Biology
Overall GPA:
Pre-Req GPA:
GRE:
460V 590Q 4.0A

Extra-Curriculars:
Clinical Care Extender at St. Mary's Medical Center, LIFE Animal Rescue

Volunteer:
23 hours Pediatrics, 1050 hours in outpatient ortho setting #1, 300 hours at submission of application at outpatient ortho setting #2

Applied to:
Western, Chapman, and CSULB

Keeping my fingers crossed:xf:

Accepted: none yet
Waitlisted: Chapman
Denied: None
Interviews: Western (declined because I withdrew my application)
Still waiting: CSULB (my situation is a little bit different from everyone else on the board so I won't expect a decision from them until mid to end of August).