Gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

new2pharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does your GPA in pharm school matter? I heard someone say "grade c equals pharmD" once. Do people that graduate with a higher gpa than others get better pay? someone told me it was illegal for hiring pharmacies/companies to view your gpa.

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you want to do a residency. However knowledge does matter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does your GPA in pharm school matter? I heard someone say "grade c equals pharmD" once. Do people that graduate with a higher gpa than others get better pay? someone told me it was illegal for hiring pharmacies/companies to view your gpa.

if you have a C avg, u get put on probation and kicked out.

... However knowledge does matter.

Exactly!

Grades themselves aren't that important, but you do need to come out of pharmacy school having learned the stuff! :laugh:

if you have a C avg, u get put on probation and kicked out.

At my school, straight C's = Pharm.D. No probation or anything like that.

The minimum GPA at UIC Pharmacy is a 2.0 for both overall and required courses. Some schools do require a 2.5 or something like that.

At my school, straight C's = Pharm.D. No probation or anything like that.

Very high standards, something to really shoot for...

We have to get a 3.0 or above to stay in the pharmD program... however, if you fall below, you have 2 semesters to bring your pharmacy GPA back up above it. If not, you're gone.

Pacific University doesn't have a GPA, but has a 90% pass mark on the bi-weekly tests. I'm planning to apply there, so I hope having a GPA isn't essential down the line :eek:

"C" is for continue!! One should aim for A's and B's especially if they want to do a residency, but you only need C's to get through.

For me not getting poor grades was always a matter of self-respect. Who cares what someone else thinks, I would be disgusted to look at myself in the mirror in the morning if all I managed to pull out was a C-average when at least half the people around me had better grades. :rolleyes: Which is kind of why I was A to A- average through my academic career. :D

We have to get a 3.0 or above to stay in the pharmD program... however, if you fall below, you have 2 semesters to bring your pharmacy GPA back up above it. If not, you're gone.

That's hardcore.