This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmscience2019@

Reaction score
Hey!. I am an undergrad student and my overall gpa is 3.40 and my science gpa is 3.20 and I want to apply for Nova Southeastern for the Pharm D prgram and they ask for a specific gpa of 2.0 science and math . I was wondering if its' math and biology together or they want 2.0 in math and 2.0 in biolloy (separately). My math gpa dropped tremendously because I failed Calculus I twice :( so my current math gpa is 1.67

PCAT SCORE: 92

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would think a math and science gpa would be a combination of the two, not just both individual gpa's. Not sure. You could always call admissions and ask and just not give them your name lol

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
thanks! I will call today so I can have a clear idea of what they are asking for, but you think I should take another math class or retake one so I can boost my math gpa? because Pharmcas calculate everything and if they see my math gpa ...

Members don't see this ad :)
Many places its compulsory to have good GPA in math. So if they required combination(Math+Science) GPA then its good for you but if you look overall for the other opportunities then I think you should pay attention in math. You can retake math classes.

It's usually a combination. I can't even think of a school that looks at math separately. I don't think you'd care, but you won't be able to do graduate work after pharmacy with that low a math score, but pharmacy's math in practice is not much more than arithmetic, however, you have to be accurate in that particular class as in practice. (For those who think I'm too hard, even the most incompetent inpatient pharmacist has to be able to calculate an administration rate and do unit conversions and they really do have to be done correctly). You do have to pass Calculus I or its equivalent as it's technically necessary for pharmaceutics and basic science pharmacokinetics, I don't think you'll be admitted without a passing grade unless standards have fallen again.

By the way, aim your sights higher for a state school, a private school is not a good deal in today's economy. You should read elsewhere about how this profession is in big trouble jobwise.