going to South America

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

acrobat

A couple of my friends have gone to various places in south America to serve the underprivlaged but I don't have any ideas how I could get involved in something like this. I want to do somethingworthwhile if I take a year off but also something that I would enjoy and would be interesting-plus better my spanish

1st friend-Aunt lived at a clinic there-gave hima job

2nd- actually friends girlfriend- she got a scholarship through her Alma-Mator (splelling?)- Harvard

Any good suggestions????

Members don't see this ad.

I took off to south america after graduation, and found a job. You can either teach english or even find a corporate job in you go to one of the big cities(BA, sntgo, s. paulo, or mexico city). Then you can volunteer in your free time. I originally was planning on going for 6 months, stayed for 3 years. latin chicks are hot.

yes they are. And they have sexy accents when they speak English. Que Rico

I'm most likely going to Guatemala this summer through the AmeriSpan program. They've got special programs for med students, doctors, nurses, EMTs. Basically, most programs last 3-6 weeks. They teach you Spanish, medical terminology, and you get to go on site visits. Plus, there's visits to tourist sites (Mayan ruins) on the weekends. I'm really excited about doing this, because I was looking for something to do this summer (I'm a first year med student).