Glasgow Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hanakanapuna

Michigan CVM 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have already interviewed in NYC, how long would you say the interviews lasted? What was your impression of the school? How were the questions they asked? How do you think you did?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who have already interviewed in NYC, how long would you say the interviews lasted? What was your impression of the school? How were the questions they asked? How do you think you did?

It was a really informal interview. They were really laid back, relaxed, and joked around. I got there about 15 minutes before my interview and was reading my book and got surprised when Joyce approached me within 5 minutes (though my interview was 9:30 in the morning so they may have still been on schedule or early). I would say i was there about 30-35 minutes. It was probably about 20-25 minutes of interview and the rest was questions i had and discussion about that.

They started off with a few trivial questions (whered u come from today, what are you doing the rest of the day) to get you to relax i think and just make conversation. The rest of the questions were mostly about my application. So theyd ask about an experience I had and as I talked about it there were more follow up questions. There were a few questions were I could have felt like they were testing me, but I think it was all general conversation (i.e. i worked at a zoo and the professor interviewing me joked that animals don't like to be in the zoo and they are cruel. So he then asked about the importance and function of zoos. Or we discussed a D.A. surgery i performed and he asked, how is it done in the u.s.? what side was the incision made, what side twist, how do they sotp it from happening again, what kind of cow was it? But he even said - "Im not testing you Im just curious" and i actually felt that was true). The rest was my experience and stuff academically, a few questions on traveling and studying abroad (they want to see you are serious). There were one or two questions more like "how would your friends describe you?"

I think I did pretty well, though you can never tell for sure. As i said, it was very casual, so (though Im not usually) there really is no need to be nervous or anxious - mine was mostly talking about me!

I got a nice impression of the school "from them". There is no tracking or PBL, they really try to make you as well rounded as possible. While the EMS program can seem like a hassle, its probably very useful in the end and it gives you experience. So its like getting internships over breaks where they help you, and you can really do most anything. Also i asked about community and i got the impression the school is very close, and professors are very approachable and are really there for the students.

Ok thats really long, but I hope it helps. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Has anyone heard anything back yet in terms of final decisions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything back yet in terms of final decisions?

Hey there, I'm new on here, but I interviewed on 2/13...received an acceptance email today! :D

I am seriously considering it, just waiting to hear back from other schools so that I can weigh all of my options. It is a great school though, and I am so excited to have gotten an acceptance.

:) for Glasgow! I'm also seriously considering it. If I get in somewhere in the US, then I'll stay in the states... it makes the most sense logistically. But if I don't, then it's off to Scotland for me! :D

:) for Glasgow! I'm also seriously considering it. If I get in somewhere in the US, then I'll stay in the states... it makes the most sense logistically. But if I don't, then it's off to Scotland for me! :D

Yeah, I'll probably stay in the states too...that is if that option is available for me. I've been crunching the numbers for Glasgow since I got my acceptance....wicked expensive!! :eek: I spoke to a friend of mine who's starting Law school this fall...all she has to pay is $10K/year...I wanted to vomit. lol

I just keep telling myself...it's all worth it for a career I absolutely love...not too many people can say that.

I've been crunching the numbers for Glasgow since I got my acceptance....wicked expensive!! :eek: I spoke to a friend of mine who's starting Law school this fall...all she has to pay is $10K/year...I wanted to vomit. lol

I just keep telling myself...it's all worth it for a career I absolutely love...not too many people can say that.

You're comparing apples to oranges.. Law school vs vet school.

Try comparing vet school to vet school.

There are fewer vet schools world wide than law schools and few spots, also it costs more money to train a vet than it does a lawyer. Kinda makes sense that tuition would be more expensive. :)

Good luck!

You're comparing apples to oranges.. Law school vs vet school.

Try comparing vet school to vet school.

There are fewer vet schools world wide than law schools and few spots, also it costs more money to train a vet than it does a lawyer. Kinda makes sense that tuition would be more expensive. :)

Good luck!

Well, found out yesterday why it was so cheap...it's a 4th tier law school. My other friend went to notre dame and he's shelling out $40K/year...which is more comparable to vet school. Either way...I know it's apples and oranges....she's just lucky is all. :)