Gi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1011332

Guys

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, want an honest opinion:
img Green card
I graduated on 2019,
from very good community program with excellent training opportunity.
Scores: 264, 259, cs pass 1st attempt, step 249
Currently doing Pgy-4 chief resident in a university program
I have around 10 posters on ACG, ACP and others.
2 ongoing meta analysis.
3 inpatient analysis.
Planning to apply next year, but hesitant seeing people with my publication list hardly getting calls.
Do you think I have a good or mediocre chance even if I apply very broadly ? Please give me honest opinion.
It is important if your research is digestive disease related and also the university program you doing the chief year GI fellowship you have the best chance. Make connections as of now.

right now to be honest although they care about credentials like yours but it all comes down to the IMG criteria and which program is IMG friendly or not.
I see trends going towards American Citizens with loans who went to Carib schools with your credentials over GC IMG.

you will get some interviews but no one has crystal ball to tell you if you match or not.
Regarding chances it all depends on who your connections with LOR are, what programs you graduated from. LOR from gastroenterology fellowship PD or chair at your current job and your research.

ACP really doesn’t count.

I hope the research you doing now is GI related. If so I say you have a decent to good chance. Apply to all the programs you can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.