GI ITE Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobsanchez123c

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do these matter? Also is there a score that correlates with board pass rate? Is it worth preparing for this test.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m not GI but I doubt it’s any different from ours… I think they matter in that if you flat out bomb it you can end up under the microscope a bit.

I did well on mine - I don’t mean that to brag because who cares - but for example I felt like it gave me a pass on scrutiny in other areas that I might’ve not been great at. If you’re a likelable guy/gal and have a good relationship with your PD then you can prob get away with bombing it. I felt like studying for it did help with board prep though so you might as well?

Only you and the PD see the score. It's supposed to give you an idea of where your medical knowledge is standing. If you don't do well, programs should have a remediation program to help you fill in the knowledge gap. It also gives you breakdown of what part of GI you have weaknesses in. I used that to guide where I spent more time reading up. You are not supposed to study for ITE per se. Not sure how it correlates to actual boards, and if there is data on that, but it's pretty similar to real boards so I think it should. So it "matters" only for the above purposes.

An important question is are the actual GI boards any good. Seemed to be filled with many pedantic and esoteric things.

Reactions: 1 user