GI fellowships that traditionally take IM docs from within?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnThomasSign

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just curious if there is a list - or if someone who has recently went through the GI felllow application process would be willing to list the GI programs who typically take their students from IM programs at the same institution? This may be something that can help influence an MS4's ROL, if interested in GI, when it comes time to apply to IM programs. If not, am I pretty much stuck googling each program and searching the bio of each fellow to look and see if they came from the same place? One of the reason I ask this is that I have been told by an attending that there are certain programs who make it a point to not accept students from their own programs and then there are those that traditionally take their own. Any fellows here who done IM at the GI program they are currently in? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I would have to say Temple is a big place on taking from within as would be University of Buffalo.