Whats the income ceiling for GI and what does it take to earn that? What does your week look like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IM_to_ortho_hopeful

Reaction score
Whats the income ceiling for GI and what does it take to earn that? What does your week look like? How much vacation?

Members don't see this ad.

I usually get up at 4:30AM to get up before other physicians to meditate and then do market research for my investments. I have an antioxidant gluten free smoothie with pre AND probiotics. Then I hit the gym before most are awake. I usually start scoping at 7:30AM and I have three rooms going. I usually do about 24 scopes a day, mostly doubles, until 3:30PM and go back to th gym for some more reps. I don't have a clinic because I scope everyone anyways since that's why patients are referred to me. My nurse sees them ahead of time to setup the scopes, it's just more efficient and I just see them in pre-endo. I usually take biopsies whenever I can because my ASC has path I have bought into. I usually schedule them back for another scope in 3 years because that's my endo note default. If they have issues I have an NP who will see them to refer them to the university. I will be partner in 3 years.

I don't take vacation. It's very important to eat gluten free to keep your mind clear and make sure you don't have any leaky gut. Sometimes I hit the gym again in the evening. Gross, I make about 1.6 mil but that's because I'm in the Midwest. I'll make more when partner, maybe 1.8. I'm trying to diversify my income streams though with some crypto and selling some supplements and cleanses on the side. You have to work hard though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
I usually get up at 4:30AM to get up before other physicians to meditate and then do market research for my investments. I have an antioxidant gluten free smoothie with pre AND probiotics. Then I hit the gym before most are awake. I usually start scoping at 7:30AM and I have three rooms going. I usually do about 24 scopes a day, mostly doubles, until 3:30PM and go back to th gym for some more reps. I don't have a clinic because I scope everyone anyways since that's why patients are referred to me. My nurse sees them ahead of time to setup the scopes, it's just more efficient and I just see them in pre-endo. I usually take biopsies whenever I can because my ASC has path I have bought into. I usually schedule them back for another scope in 3 years because that's my endo note default. If they have issues I have an NP who will see them to refer them to the university. I will be partner in 3 years.

I don't take vacation. It's very important to eat gluten free to keep your mind clear and make sure you don't have any leaky gut. Sometimes I hit the gym again in the evening. Gross, I make about 1.6 mil but that's because I'm in the Midwest. I'll make more when partner, maybe 1.8. I'm trying to diversify my income streams though with some crypto and selling some supplements and cleanses on the side. You have to work hard though.

Members don't see this ad :)
They say the only truth these days is found in jest, and there is more truth in this than most realize.
Employed physicians have an income ceiling.
those in private practice or profit sharing ventures are constrained by physical limitations and personal ethics, or in some cases as satirized above, lack thereof.
Way to crush it elixir

Reactions: 1 users
They say the only truth these days is found in jest, and there is more truth in this than most realize.
Employed physicians have an income ceiling.
those in private practice or profit sharing ventures are constrained by physical limitations and personal ethics, or in some cases as satirized above, lack thereof.
Way to crush it elixir

Ha ha. Yes, I was hoping to satirize some of the dubious PP behavior I have seen, and also to satirize the "day in the life of" TikTok/YouTube postings of 26 year old social media/Wall St bets/crypo proported millionaires, since I have a feeling that is that "Ortho to IM Hopeful" was really hoping to hear.

Reactions: 1 user
ceiling is scoping 7-6 everyday, being on call q 2, weekend call every weekends, having a np run clinic. You can guess what that might be. Some of these ivory towers also have NPs training to do screening colos, so having a NP also do colos while you bill under them might be your style.

Reactions: 1 user

sad to see who thinks this may be real.